“Step Back in Time”

Walker's Soda Fountain
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Mount Airy
Cuisines: American
Description: Old fashioned soda fountain - new ownership - use old fashioned glass bowls/dishes. Also serve hotdogs and a couple of other small sandwiches.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My daughter (16) and I stopped in for a mid afternoon break from sight seeing and it was fantastic. My daughter had the ice cream and I had an old fashioned egg cream. Both were fantastic and not over priced. The service was exceptional and friendly. I highly recommend that if you are in the area you stop by for some lunch and a malted. Prices overall are very reasonable. Menu is refreshingly simple and pure. Sandwiches, hot dogs and burgers.

1  Thank twstorm
There are newer reviews for Walker's Soda Fountain

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The other positive reviews about this place are highly accurate. My wife and I stopped for a mid afternoon snack on a Saturday in mid November. The atmosphere is just what we envisioned a soda shop to be. We split a chocolate milk shake that was so thick that spoons were needed and was so large that the single shake could have easily filled two glasses. All this for $4.00; priceless.

1  Thank Mike O
Reviewed November 8, 2012

it was like going back in time with the decor, music and the menu items. We had ice cream sodas and just set there and took in the atmosphere. Would definitely go there again.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I stopped in just to see if they knew how to make an 'old fashion soda'....THEY DID....I had read the reviews before going there and saw a few negitive ones....REALLY....People...give this place a try!!!! The owners are VERY nice and can make a Great Soda and Oh my my....the shakes are to die for.....Husband had ham and cheese and said it was perfect...my hot dog was pretty darn good too....

1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed October 10, 2012

50s look, great icecream. My husband got a sugar free sundae and I got a normal one....very good...the service was excellent.

1  Thank Karen51916