“Great Variety”

Round Peak Vineyard
Ranked #11 of 36 things to do in Mount Airy
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We love this place. They have very good wines and recently became a licensed brewery so we are really looking forward to their homebrewed beers. They've already been offering beers they've selected from around the country and have monthly beer tastings that are a lot of fun, tasty & educational. We really enjoy the weekly Summer Grillfests - we buy a bottle of wine or beer to take out back onto the covered crushpad where they have grills set up, enjoy the live music, amazing view and sunset and friendly people. The owners and staff are very friendly and really make you feel right at home.
They have very good variety of activites as well as styles of wine and beer. I highly recommend going on a Saturday evening Grillfest day even if you don't cook out, just chill out with your favorite drink, they'll give you snacks, listen to the entertainment and socialize with the other visitors, and enjoy the evening breeze while watching the beautiful sunset.

1  Thank 1LMichele1L
in 19 reviews
"fest"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We've been to Round Peak several times. We've attended events there in the winter and summer and have always had a great time. The staff is friendly and attentive, and I love that we can bring our dog with us. They have a variety of wine and a lovely setting to enjoy a glass (or bottle) and a snack.

1  Thank Kristin H
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I first visited Round Peak with my girlfriend several years ago. It was fall and the view from the crush pad was absolutely gorgeous. The wines were tasty too. In the past year, I've made the trek up to Mount Airy again and again. It is a fantastic spot to hang out with friends and split a bottle of wine. I always enjoy getting to spend time up with the beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The winery is also great with the number of events throughout the year. Grillfest is always a hit (bring your own meat and use their grills). We've also done the Skull Campout (camp in the vineyard) and the Vineyard Stomp (5k through the vines). This winery is 100% worth the visit!

1  Thank KevinAJKline
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Round Peak has it all....gorgeous views, awesome people and delicious wine!! They have a crush pad behind their winery that overlooks the vineyard with a beautiful mountain backdrop. The sunset is amazing!! (so amazing in fact, I had my bridal portraits made in the vineyard at sunset!!) The variety of wines is unique... They have the round peak "traditional" drier wines as well as the skull camp blended wines. There are TONS of events at the vineyard as well!! From blending parties to live music to camp outs and 5k races, the owners do a great job planning fun events!! I not only recommend round peak for the wine, but for a great time also!!

1  Thank TAH1001
See more reviews
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I went to this winery with a group. The place is awesome, especially the view from the terrace out back. The wine tasting was interesting because they offer two choices, their Round Peak wine which is dry and made with the grapes of the vineyard and the second choice is their Skull Camp wine, which is more sweet and unconventional, made with grapes from the surrounding area.
I wish they would have a mix and match option to try the wine.
Their best wine, in my opinion, was the Cabernet which was also the most expensive.
The tasting servings were VERY small compared to all the wine tasting I've ever been to.
But the staff was friendy and the overall experience was nice.
They also had beer for those in our group who didnt drink wine and that was very nice.