“Horrible Service”
Review of Goober's 52 - CLOSED

Goober's 52
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here several times. The food is always great but the service is pretty much non existant. One time after we were seated we waited for 15 minutes and were not even acknowldedged by a server, so we got up and left. Even on a good night of service it is poor at best. I wish the management would make better service a priority because the food is actually really good.

3  Thank Harvey N
There are newer reviews for Goober's 52

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Food was really good, prices reasonable and service good as well. Not the gas station
you would think it is but worth the stop. I had the Texas brisket sandwich. It was so tender,
bread could have been toasted a little more. My mother had the hamburger and said it
was delicious. Everyone in our party enjoyed the food.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I saw this listed in the AAA book and I think it popped up on our GPS. We always look for a "real" place with some unique quality. We don't do fast food and avoid obvious large chains. This place had a unique and quircky decor and menu, just enough to make it fun. The menu is actually quite extensive. So there is something to please everyone. My wife had a pina colada which was over-the-top sweet, including whipped cream. She had surprisingly good crab cakes, although the vegetables were over-the-top salty. That is the only reason I rate it very good instead of excellent. My chicken marsala with pasta was very tasty. A large salad was included. All in all, we really enjoyed it, including talking to the young server.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Food was good & reasonable. Service was great. Location is right on main road.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

There are many" Mayberry" motif places in Mt. Aiy, NC and we were great fans of the show so we immediately thought- GOOBER'S- wow the "Gas station' on the program !!
WEll- get ready- it is a "beach bar" place with a "Beach type" menu. We were pleasantly surprised with the Carolina foods on the menu - lots of seafood and southern fare . I had the Fried Oyster Salad which was very delicious and the "she-Crab" soup.
Prices were reasonable for a casual sit -down restaurant too. I would go back if in the area.

1  Thank triptique