“Great food”
Review of Trio Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Trio Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Went their for dinner on Satruday night. Head and shoulders above any other options in Mount Airy. Chef Wishart, formerly at Cross Creek Country Club, does a great job. Trio has only been open 4 weeks. Very nice menu and list of daily specials. EWell chsen and decently priced wine list. Celebrated my father's 96 birthday and we were not disappointed!! Very memorable evening.
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Upscale menu. Great crab cakes and salmon. Excellent service! Will dine there again. Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I arrived at 6PM for dinner on a Saturday in November and found the restaurant uncrowded. We were immediately seated in the spacious contemporary dining room and offered menus and drinks; the wait staff continued to be extra attentive throughout the dinner. We split a tasty fried green tomato appetizer accompanied with well seasoned beets; an innovative take on a traditional southern food. The innovation continued with our Maryland style crab cakes and bacon wrapped organic chicken entries; each had an extra twist to distinguish them from traditional preparations. The accompaniments for each of these entries deserve mentioning as well; they were just as tasty as the mains. This was first class dining with first class service.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband had read good reviews for Trio and made a reservation for a Saturday night. We were seated promptly and the wait staff was fast. The food was not as good as I was expecting, we both had steak and it was not very flavorful. One of the sides was cooked greens, and they did not have very much flavor either. The wait time for our food (dinner and then dessert) was VERY long. We shared a bread pudding, parts of it tasted a little burned. The waiter did not charge us for the bread pudding because we had to wait so long for the food (we did not complain to anyone about the wait time).
If I were to return to the area I do not think I would go back to Trio.

2  Thank nursetink2006
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for lunch while visiting Mt Airy, Mayberry the fictitious town of the Andy Griffith TV show. Snappys diner was full with a long wait so we walked on down Main Street and came up this place directly across from the museum. She had a French dip sandwich which said was delicious. I ordered a chicken salad wrap which the chef said was his special of the day. The chicken salad was fresh, made without mayonaise and a generous portion at a under $10 price. We both ate for less than $20. Highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Rtaylor537
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went to Trio based on TripAdvisor rating and recommendation from the Hampton Inn staff. Easy to find and convenient on street parking. Open room, brightly lit, with ample room between tables. Table, chairs, floor, decorations, plates, glasses and utensils all spotless and inviting.
Meal was excellent from beginning to end. Bib salad fresh and chilled. Shrimp, tomato and leek tart having a perfect blend of incidents. Potato encrusted Grouper, with the fish being moist and the crust seasoned just right. Beef tenderloin, tender and cooked to perfection. Fine wine and local draft beer made the evening meal one to remember with service to match the food. The first place you should eat in Mt. Airy.

1  Thank Notanewbe