“First class all the way.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trio Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Trio Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Went their for dinner on Satruday night. Head and shoulders above any other options in Mount Airy. Chef Wishart, formerly at Cross Creek Country Club, does a great job. Trio has only been open 4 weeks. Very nice menu and list of daily specials. EWell chsen and decently priced wine list. Celebrated my father's 96 birthday and we were not disappointed!! Very memorable evening.
north carolina
“First class all the way.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Superb and beautiful presentation. Attentive and amiable waitstaff. Good-tasting food. Classy setting. There is nothing "not to like." Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank bkbreakerbk

Ohio
“small town charm, big city flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stopped at Trio on a road trip from Ohio down to Fayetteville. Weary of the typical fast food options along the highway, we hoped that venturing into downtown Mt. Airy for lunch would be worth the detour (we are TripAdvisor devotées and noted Trio's positive reviews). It was, and then some. My companions and I all opted for the special, a toasted cheese sandwich and seafood chowder combo. The meal was delicious, we all agreed, and the server (wish I could remember her name!) was efficient, professional, and attentive, with a droll and relaxed manner. I wish that this restaurant weren't so far away! I could imagine being a regular at this inviting and attractive establishment.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank coldhandswarmheart
Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

Chef Chris Wishart did a great job at Undercurrent in Greensboro and at Cross Creek Country Club.

Trio seems to be truly his restaurant. The service is smooth and amazingly polished. The food matches or exceeds his days at Undercurrent. The presentation, the ambiance are comparable and altogether make a great experience.

1 Thank charliebrummitt
US
“A Destination in and of Itself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Wow, where do I start? The fact that I felt like I had walked into a well-regarded, highly-rated restaurant in San Francisco, Austin or New York City? Maybe the amazingly efficient, knowledgeable and welcoming waitstaff? Or should I go straight to the incredibly well-prepared and beautifully-presented food? Everything was absolutely wonderful. I think what made it extra-special was that I was in this lovely, relaxing, small town of Mount Airy, North Carolina, and it was so obvious that this restaurant--from waitstaff to chefs to management--have pulled together to create this extraordinary restaurant. It truly is a destination in and of itself. Kudos to everyone and thank you for a lovely evening of wonderful food.

1 Thank Ways2go
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Got Take Out - Wow is right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

Spending the night in Mount Airy, I opted to try take-out rather than a fast food dinner. I ordered the spinach salad with walnuts and blue cheese and it was very good. Then I also got an order of lamb meatballs in marinara sauce with lemon and asiago cheese. A new way for me to enjoy lamb and I really did. They were a new take on serving lamb and one I will attempt to try when home again. If all the food is as good as those two items (and the great rolls), then it is a winner

1 Thank bseashore