“Great experience!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My husband and I ate there last night,my parent's live nearby so we decided to try it.It was absolutely the best Italian food.The service was great!The food was so fresh,starting with the salad.It was so good that we are coming back next week for my birthday dinner.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

First, the hot bread with olive oil with spices and herbs was welcome and tasty. It was downhill from there. The salad is not in small enough pieces to fit into the bowl that it was served in. That meant awkward attempts at cutting it without putting most of it on the table. I had several "heels" of the lettuce head making bites bitter. My Alfredo with chicken and veggies: usually the pasta is plated first and the rest is on top. This looks like it was plated and then inverted onto another plate. There were large chunks of onion that were still joined as it wasn't cut all the way through. The chicken was excellent but not separated completely. The portion was ample enough to put bites on my husband's plate and I still took the leftovers home. (Reheated as a side dish.) My husband had the ravioli stuffed with lobster. The cloves of garlic were not cooked through. The grape tomatoes were "sour". The plate was cold and therefore the food was lukewarm at best. There wasn't enough seasoning in the filling to make it anything but bland. Very disappointing. We were offered the milk cake but decline. The swinging doors on the bathroom entryway are a hazard to those using a wheel chair and the toilets are not handicap compliant. The plastic plants over-head cause me to worry about dust falling down. Time to update more than the decor.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This place is very nice. Great food, service and atmosphere here. The owner comes around to each table to insure you are satisfied. Great menu to choose from also desserts, if you dare after those large portions. If not then free slice of chocolate milk cake free for everyone.
All in all a great stop to make!
Only reason it don't get a 5 is dated decor.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went up to visit a friend in the area and he recommended this local treasure. The service was great and the owner even came to check on us. The bread was freshly baked, the house creamy Parmesan dressing was delicious and the Chicken Parmesan was the best I've ever had. It was more than enough... I had leftovers for lunch and STILL have more.. I'll probably get another meal or two from what is left! Definitely recommend!!

1  Thank Victoria T
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We visited at a rather slow time. Selection of menu items was good, service was excellent. The waitresses were working hard to get orders out, and they were very friendly. I ordered grilled cheese (it was on Texas toast) and potato soup. The soup was not what I expected, but it was good enough. It was pureed and tasted kind of "floury" or pasty, had garlic in it, but it was ok. My husband raved about his ravioli and the bread. So the food was ok.

It's been a long time since I've been a restaurant with this many flies. I finally covered up the bread with the napkin to keep the flies off of it. They were almost swarming around the rest rooms. This very much takes away from the ambience, and it may not be a constant problem. Maybe they had the back door open or something, but they need to address that problem. It was off-putting.

It was wildly stated that no alcohol is served in this restaurant, which is fine for me. But a sign at the front boldly said no alcohol served. If you want a glass of wine with your pasta, you won't find it here.

Our visit was ok. I'm not sure I'd go back again. I'd probably try some of the other restaurants listed in Mt. Airy.

1  Thank jbestep