“Mayberry Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We checked out tripadvisor for Italian eats in Mt Airy and decided on Gondola. We weren't disappointed. The restaurant had a happy, homey feel. The servers were genuinely friendly and service was great. We had a meat pizza with salad starter. There is a good variety on the menu. They do not serve alcohol here. The food was delicious. The pizza ranked very high with us. We have been to Italy a few times and love the thinner crust pizza there. The Gondola pizza is very similar! You won't go wrong eating here. It is good value.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our visit must have caught the restaurant and staff on a bad day because compared to the other reviewers, this place was a terrible experience. We waited at least 10 minutes to see a server after being seated, took another 10 minutes to have our order taken and then at least 20 minutes to get our food. I wanted to walk out several times, but my husband was hungry and was willing to stay. When we got our food it was a huge disappointment. I had the "moussaka" and I put that in quotes because it was the strangest version I have ever had. There was no eggplant, but zucchini and no bechamel sauce on top. Kind of dry and tasteless. My husband's sandwich was boring and small, the fries were cold.

First time in a very long time I gave a terrible $1.50 tip and complained to management but he just said sorry, nothing more. They also need to water those poor herbs next to the windows- what an eyesore and I hate to see plants neglected.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place has a great atmosphere and wonderful food. I have never had anything that I did not like from this place.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our first time to Gondola. We were visiting in the area and thought we would try it instead of driving 30 mile to a big chain italian restaurant. It was definitely the right decision. The service was very pleasant. With the exception of the salad the serving sizes were huge. Next time we will split a meal. The cheesy bread appetizer with marinara sauce was very good.. They brought us bread and olive oil with their own blend of spices for dipping which was excellent. By the time we ate this and our salad we were already full when our meals came and could hardly eat any of them. One of us ordered the Rosa Maria chicken & the other a chicken dish with broccoli, onions, & cheese I think. Both dishes were served with spaghetti with meat sauce. The dish with the broccoli had whole wheat pasta. The Rosa Maria chicken had white pasta . Both were excellent. Will definitely eat there again the next time we are in the area. i would highly recommend it. Prices are very good as well

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Ate here for the first time and will be back! The food was delicious! The service was good and the value was not bad. The only thing i would change if i could was the seating. It felt tight and crowded. Overall i would definately be back!