“An uptown restrurant for Mt. Airy on the north end of town.”

Gondola Italian Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 101 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“An uptown restrurant for Mt. Airy on the north end of town.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Have been here a few times. Food was good but they were slow getting out the food orders.

Visited December 2011

Huntersville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Excellent Italian food! Large portions. Prompt and friendly service. Tried this place by suggestion of the owners of A Mighty Oak B&B we were staying at. And as their breakfast fare was awesome I assumed they had decent taste in food. My only negative comment about the Gondola restaurant was the bread was mediocre at best. But the free mini-dessert more than made up for that.

• Visited May 2012
“The best salads !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I ate the most amazing walnut encrusted chicken salad w/ fresh strawberries ,peaches,bleu cheese crumbles,alfalfa sprouts & homemade strawberry vineagret dressing. It was almost too pretty to eat. All dishes here are plentiful, with wonderful flavors. Staff very friendly, awesome!!!

2 Thank msrb2b
“Something for all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Wonderful Italian foods veggie. Lasagna ,chicken began.they have melt in your mouth tender black angus steaks! Awesome!!! Chicken broccoli dish a favorite.cheese steaks always good. I eat here often and love the staff. Ashley awesome server ! A comfortable family atomsphere.

2 Thank msrb2b
Elkin, NC
“5 Stars! You have got to be kidding”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

Because I travel so much for business, eating out is a way of life. I had high hopes for Gondola because there are not real italian restaurants in the area. Well, after eating at Gondola's, there are still no italian restaurants in the area.

From the looks of the exterior of the building, I thought that this might be a good choice. However, once we were seated, the paper napkins were indicative of the class of restaurant we were at. Sometimes, paper napkin italian restaurants can be good, so I decided to ordered something simple. To my surprise. . .you open the menu and it is akin to schizophrenia. They serve burgers, steaks, italian, wings, mexican. . .you name it. Thus they are not an italian restaurant. I was deceived.

Well, I order Lasagna, which is the most basic dish. All I can tell you is that I just had a frozen food Lasagna last night and it was better quality.

My suggestion to these folks is take a trip to NYC and vist REAL italian restaurants. Then just mimic them. Quit with the little town mentality, and focus. I guarantee you that there is a market for quality italian food.

• Visited October 2011