“Good place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
UP Michigan
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Very nice hotel – clean, modern (less than 1 year old), and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Oklahoma
Reviewed November 1, 2010

This was my first stay ever at the Holiday Inn hotels. I LOVED this hotel! Check in was under 3 min. The front desk person was so nice and professional! The room was AWESOME! Very very roomy! Beds were FANTASTIC! The breakfast was increditable! Free high speed internet. I can't say enough good things about this hotel! All I know is if all the other Holiday Inn Express hotels are like this one, I've just found a new favorite hotel chain! You can bet I'll be trying this chain of hotels out in my travels!

1 Thank ConnieCLD
Ohio
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We were passing through from Ohio to Myrtle Beach and this was the perfect half way point. Last year we did the same thing, only we stayed at the Best Western on points.
I LOVED this Holiday Inn. I wish I would have gotten the name of the gentlemen who checked us in - To whomever was working late Sunday, Sept. 26 - you did a great job!
He was super friendly and was already prepared for my arrival. My Plat. status with Priority Club was recognized.
This is a newer hotel, to my knowledge - so everything is very clean.
We used the pool and hot tub which were both nice, especially after a long drive.
Breakfast the next morning was standard Holiday Inn breakfast - which is always more than fine with my family and me.
The room was spacious with a mini fridge and microwave.
I have zero complaints!!
Check out was a breeze as well, with again, friendly staff.

I would definitely stay here again!
The location is great - right with all your food and needs.
Make sure you go into Mayberry if you have time. It's only right down the road..and very well worth it!

1 Thank ILOVETRAVEL356
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I have to echo the comments of another guest in reference to the Manager Siera - my wife and I were greeted with a smile and were made to feel very welcome. She even gave us a resturant recommendation (Goobers 52) which was very very good (I would recommend it as well!). Our room was clean, well furnished and beautiful. The complimentry breakfast was plentiful and hot. There is nothing bad I can say about this Holiday Inn Express - I just wish I could have stayed a couple of more days- what a great and comfortable hotel!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 23, 2010

The suite we rented was outstandingly more than we expected and exceptionally clean.
The breakfast bar was staggeringly tremendous with the wide variety of fresh foods & drinks.
In an age when so many employees/companies don’t seem to care about customer service any more, the staff at the Mount Airy, NC Holiday Inn express does everything right with a smile to please the guest.
I am one extremely satisfied quest, and will continue to be a loyal patron for years to come.

MOYOCK
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This hotel rates up there with the best. The desk clerk ( Carolyn ) was polite, courteous, friendly & helpful. The room was spaceous & comfortable. They even offered free, fresh baked cookies at 6:00 p.m.& the contential breakfast was out-standing

Nieuw-Vennep, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 4, 2010

It starts with being greated and helped by Siera. She's great and full of enthousiasm. Makes you feel rightat home! I know this is a very new hotel and I can't really compare this one with older ones, but it does stand out in everything!
Cleanliness is something you can always compare and this hotel and the room was spotless! There's nothing more I can add to that.
The beds are extremely comfotable and everything in the room makes you feel right at home. Every restaurant you can think off is in the direct vicinity, as well as the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway.
I stayed in many hotels during this holiday of which 5 where Holiday inn Express, and this one was the best!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn, Mount Airy
#6 of 8 in Mount Airy
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South? Share your experiences!