“Great Atmoshpere”

Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The staff was friendly and the service was quick. We ate here for lunch when in town for the day. The menu is very limited but that allows for the quick turnover. We had the pork chop sandwich...which was okay. If you are a fan of the show, you should eat here just to say you did :-)

There are newer reviews for Snappy Lunch

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Holy cow I stopped in Mt Airy with my kid on the way home from my road trip wanted to stretch our legs and see some local color. I saw this place on Tripadvisor and read the history so decided right away to try the pork chop sandwhich. Wow got this thing done all the way and it was awesome, my kid got a grilled cheese and .50 chips. I think with tea the whole thing came to $7. For the money there is no reason if in the area not to stop in here. Plus the local history and celebs on the wall make for a cool atmosphere. This place just reeks of Americana, as does the town. Loved it

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Was in the area and had to try a pork-chop sandwich. It was tasty. Our party ordered a hamburger with bread in it, the “red” hotdogs, regular hamburger and “Toms” chips all around. We were all pleased and even though the place was packed with a line waiting, the service was fast and refills plenty. The food is served on paper plates and the drinks small foam cups. I would return and eat lunch here if in the area.

2  Thank gwkelley
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just like Barney and Andy used to eat. Food was good and reasonably priced. There is usually a line to get in. Make sure you check out when they close for the day because line or not they will close at that time. Regardless, most people just have to eat there at least once while visiting Mt Airy!

1  Thank DIANE K
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had to stop at Snappy's, food was great and service very good. Was very small and a bit cramped but the atmosphere was great.

1  Thank manokes