“Pork Chop Sandwich”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Hinton, West Virginia
“Pork Chop Sandwich”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stepped back in history when we visited the Snappy Lunch of course had the Pork Chop Sandwich which is still bigger than the bun. It is a real treat to visit any time we are in the area. A must see place in Mt.Airy.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank steelcurtain36

Mt airy
“An unfortunate experience for an overpriced, average sandwich.”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have heard nothing but praise for Snappy lunch and the famous pork chop sandwich. Unfortunately, my visit started off waiting outside in a line to eat for over 30 mins. I figured I might as well stay...after all, if it was packed that tightly, it must be incredible. After sitting and being asked my order twice, the food was unappetizing. The pork chop is dipped in a pancake batter and fried. I had to take the breading off after two bites. The amount of grease was alarming. When I was leaving I was told that you could ask for a pork chop without breading which would have been nice to know!! Be careful and know what you are order if you go to Snappy Lunch. As for me, I will not be returning.

3 Thank ChelseaA1
North Carolina
“We can now say we had the "sandwich"”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We ate at Snappy Lunch for the first time on our first visit to Mt Airy. We ordered the "famous" pork chop sandwich with slaw and chili on it. I was surprised how the pork was battered with a pancake like dough instead of the usual flour. It was so big we ordered an extra bun and split it...we had it with Tom's Chips. It was good, it was not wonderful but good enough I would order it again...and what a reasonable price..we both ate for less than 6 bucks! Loved the atmosphere and decor.

1 Thank KimStephen
“Best Lunch Sandwich”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This pounded/tenderized pork chop dipped in pancake mix is one of the greatest sandwiches I've ever had. I paid for it but I could just stop at one.

Poplar Bluff, Missouri
“trip complete with snappy diner”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We can now say we had lunch in mayberry. We had breakfast for 10.00. There are lots of pictures to look at and the locals had lots to tell us about Andy. A must see you won't want to miss.

Visited June 2014