“Lots of fun”

Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had read about Snappy Lunch and wanted to go visit Mt. Airy so made a side trip to visit. Although not a huge fan of the Andy Griffith show, it was fun to visit where he grew up. We had quick service and it extremely affordable. We both ordered the pork chop sandwich which was good but not as great as the reviews had indicated. I overheard our server tell someone that the owner had recently died and that might be the reason that the quality was not what we expected. But, it was still fun to have lunch there and explore Mt. Airy.

There are newer reviews for Snappy Lunch

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Wife and I visited on Veteran's Day to experience the famour pork chop sandwich! We were disappointed somewhat. The sandwich had little if any taste. The slaw was sweet which I do not like-prefer a vinegar based slaw.

I think the pork needed a thicker batter coating before cooking. Oh well, maybe we will try it again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

It is hard to get into this place but well worth the wait. All sandwiches are hand made. I love the breaded hamburger or cheeseburger. It has all the meat and is breaded to take away some of the grease that a burger has. The pork chop sandwich is huge. I love to ear here when I'm in Mt Airy.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Knowing Andy Griffith ate there as a kid made this all worthwhile. Food was good and it's as advertised, a snappy and quick lunch.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love the little town and the food was very good. I hope to go back again real soon. I did have one of the pork chop sandwiches which was very good. I can see why andy always went to get his pork chop sandwiches their. Ha ha. I understand opra has hers flew to her they are that good.