“Great Banana Splits”

Barney's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Later in the afternoon we stopped in at the restaurant and decided to have a banana split. Folks there were extremely friendly and the atmosphere was great. The gal that made our banana splits did a great job, she made them look so nice it was a shame to eat them (but we are glad we did, they were delicious)!! I would advise anyone to stop in at Barney's, you will be glad you did.

2  Thank mayslick

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I can now say that I had the Barney Burger in Mount Airy! We stopped by the Snappy Lunch and it was too crowded for our group of people so we chose Barney's Restaurant instead. I was a good experience. The prices were a bit high, but I expected as much in a tourist town. The Barney burger and fries tasted great. Dessert was homemade and very good too. Service was friendly and quick, and it had a hometown, relaxed atmosphere. Good experience.

1  Thank AppsFan
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am from Mount Airy and visit Barney's often. They always have the best breakfast with prices that can't be beat. The owner and the staff are extra friendly. The only thing they could improve on is their biscuits are not homemade, they are frozen. My family and I will continue to come back as many times as we can. We love you Barney's!!!

4  Thank SharonJ71
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a great lunch at Barney's Cafe. I had the Mayberry Club sandwich. My husband had the Barney Burger. Both were very good. Service was excellent. We sat at the counter and had chocolate cake right in front of us on the counter and watched the girl make chocolate milk shakes. They looked really tempting but we didn't have either. It was not busy so sign said seat yourself. When it gets busy, the sign goes up to wait to be seated. It's right on the main street. Prices were very reasonable. A nice place for lunch in Mt. Airy.

4  Thank grannyjo204
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm local, so I eat here regularly. Today, I had a veggie plate. Pinto beans, turnip greens and mashed potatoes with cornbread. Yum! They also have one of the best hamburgers in town. Plate lunches or sandwiches, you can't go wrong. Also, their breakfast is very good. The biscuits and gravy are homemade. If you're looking for some home cooking, Barney's is the place. It's located in the middle of downtown Mount Airy.

2  Thank Grammie0907