“Best breakfast with great small town southern charm!”

Barney's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 101 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: American
Yanceyville, North Carolina
“Best breakfast with great small town southern charm!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

A few years ago I stopped in to try the breakfast while traveling on my job; it was great and I've been "hooked" ever since! My job allows me to travel through Mt. Airy which is a couple counties over every few months, and when I do, I eat at Barney's. The staff is the best and Eric the owner treats you like he's known you for years. The locals remember you and are always willin' to "jaw" with you for a while. Great food, Great fellowship, Great price (try Eric's mama's cakes-YUM!). When you're done enjoy the town!

• Visited March 2011
4 Thank bigcntryboy

Tampa, Florida
“Small town cafe”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

A slice of Americana in small town USA! Photos and memorabilia from The Andy Griffith Show. Food was good, service excellent and friendly, and an excellent value! I'd definitely go back again!

2 Thank titiger
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Good Little Cafe, Especially if you're on Budget”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Was visiting family for a few days and the last day of our journey, we went to barney's for breakfast. The Food was excellent, very basic but very tasty. The servers were prompt and friendly. The atmosphere was so-so, not quite up to date but that's not a biggie for me. All around, I liked my experience at Barney's.

1 Thank Andrew F
Ironton
“Barney's”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Beside the visitor center.Yummy food with a not much out of your pocket expense =-)

2 Thank TheBlairs_10
Plymouth, Michigan
“Good choice in fun Mt. Airy”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Stopped in Mt. Airy for the first time and found Barney's Cafe for a delicious diner-style breakfast. Eggs were cooked as we ordered them, good biscuits and gravy, and I can't stop thinking about the salt cured ham! Hot coffee, good service, just as you'd expect in "Mayberry." The lunch specials were written on the board...and they sure sounded good!

1 Thank leeinply