“Clean, Comfortable and Courteous”

Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Station, Indiana
“Clean, Comfortable and Courteous”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and were pleasantly surprised by the hotel lobby entrance. Very nicely decorated. The bed was super comfortable and the pillows were nice and soft. The complimentary breakfast was super delicious. Excellent coffee offered throughout the entire day too. Delightful. We will stay here again on our next visit to Andy Griffith's hometown.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kim D
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Mt. Airy NC for 2 nights and for providing feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your stay and will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to "Mayberry." I will be sure to share your comments with the staff during our next morning huddle. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Lenise Lynch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Ashland, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2014

A great hotel experience. Great value, clean room. Hotel staff very attentive and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was good, lots of selections. Overall experience was great, would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for the 5 star rating on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with the service and accommodations provided. The team and I look forward to having you again if your travels bring you back to the area.

Shepherdsville, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton, very clean, quiet rooms, good breakfast, very helpful friendly staff. We did have questions regarding the area around the Hampton, and the staff was very knowledgeable and helpful with a map drawing directions for us to follow. Also recommended restaurants in town for dining.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am blessed to have an awesome team. I am pleased to know that your stay was excellent and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the area.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

For this price-range of hotel, the Hampton Inn in Mount Airy was excellent. The room was clean, neat, well maintained and everything worked as expected. The beds were all clean and neat, and the bathroom spotless. Overall the room was very comfortable. Staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was good and what we needed to get the day started. It was nice having more than just dry cereal and danish; they had waffles, french toast, sausage, omelets, oatmeal, etc. We plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor away from the ice maker and elevator - really quiet!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank James V
Thank you for being a valued guest and taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC. I am glad you were able to experience great service and accommodations. The staff and I take great pride in our jobs and are happy when our guest enjoy staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Forest City NC, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We spent three days in Mt. Airy, visiting the sites of ANDY GRIFFITH's boyhood and the making of his famous TV show. Mt. Airy's Hampton Inn was an ideal location, with top facilities at a reasonable rate. If the other Hamptons are as all-round in accomodation, etc. for the comfort of patrons, then we say HAMPTON EQUALS HAPPINESS for the traveler, the tourist, the business person, educators, laborers in construction, one and all. Thanks to all at the Hampton Inn on South Rockford Street in Mt. Airy NC!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the 5 Star Rating and feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC. The staff and I take great pride in our property and do our vey best to make sure all of our guest have a positive memorable experience while visiting us. From your review title "Happiness in Mt. Airy NC," I can see we did just that. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed visiting "Mayberry." and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I travel out of of state 2-3 times every month and I always book Hampton Inns. They are lovely, I feel safe, the rooms are comfortable and service is excellent. I especially appreciate the pot of hot coffee available all day and evening.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience at our hotel. We truly strive to provide great service, comfortable rooms and accommodations to each and every guest. We understand that when traveling it is a requirement to make sure you are staying at a place you feel safe and can trust. I am excited to hear this was the case at our property. I am pleased to know that when staying with us we are like your second home. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the area. "We Love Having You Here!"

Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and two kids stayed here based on trip advisor reviews and was no disappointed at all! Very quaint town with plenty variety of restaurants to choose from. Wondered how far off the main drag it would be and wasn't even an issue(8 min) it is worth the 3 miles to stay here! Met a lot of people also on their way to myrtle beach as well and seems to be a popular place to stay on your way there from the north. Clean and very helpfull staff as usual and the owner I was told stops in most mornings and visits with people in the breakfast room in his suit:) ( he is in his 80s I think I was told). I would defiantly stay here again !!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank chris t
Thank you so much for stopping in to visit with us at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC on your way to Myrtle Beach. Mount Airy is a great stopping point when headed from up north to the south. We do have many guest that stay either going to the beach or coming from the beach. The staff and I strive to provide clean rooms, comfortable surroundings and great service and I am happy to know that we did that during your stay. Yes the owner does stop each morning to visit with us and maybe the next time your travels bring you to the area you will get a chance to meet him. Thank you again and I am pleased to know that if your travels bring you back to the area we will be your choice because "We Love Having You Here!"

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Hampton Inn Mount Airy? Share your experiences!