“Always good Hampton inn!”

Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and two kids stayed here based on trip advisor reviews and was no disappointed at all! Very quaint town with plenty variety of restaurants to choose from. Wondered how far off the main drag it would be and wasn't even an issue(8 min) it is worth the 3 miles to stay here! Met a lot of people also on their way to myrtle beach as well and seems to be a popular place to stay on your way there from the north. Clean and very helpfull staff as usual and the owner I was told stops in most mornings and visits with people in the breakfast room in his suit:) ( he is in his 80s I think I was told). I would defiantly stay here again !!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank chris t
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you so much for stopping in to visit with us at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC on your way to Myrtle Beach. Mount Airy is a great stopping point when headed from up north to the south. We do have many guest that stay either going to the beach or coming from the beach. The staff and I strive to provide clean rooms, comfortable surroundings and great service and I am happy to know that we did that during your stay. Yes the owner does stop each morning to visit with us and maybe the next time your travels bring you to the area you will get a chance to meet him. Thank you again and I am pleased to know that if your travels bring you back to the area we will be your choice because "We Love Having You Here!"

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Mount Airy

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stopped here on the way to Florida and wanted to see "Mayberry". Warm greetings upon arrival. Foyer was clean, well arranged and presented a welcoming atmosphere. All the staff we encountered were very helpful. Later that evening we stopped by to pick up some cookies to snack on and there were none available though they were being made. A staff member heard us ask for the cookies and he went out of his way to bring some to our room after they had finished baking. Great Hampton hospitality. Would definately recommend this hotel as a must stop if you are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy and for the five star rating that you gave us on Trip Advisor. We also appreciate the recommendation as well. The staff and I take great pride in providing clean rooms, comfortable surroundings and great service for every guest. I am pleased to know that your stay was very nice and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Recent stay for a quick overnight trip brought us to this lovely hotel in mt. Airy. Upon our arrival in which we were early, we were greeted by a young lady who was very accommodating (gave us our room) and helpful in providing directions. The rooms are well maintained. The indoor pool looked inviting however we passed on a quick dip. We enjoyed the outdoor area for a relaxing cocktail(brought our own). The breakfast was wonderful with many many selections and restocked often. Definitely would recommend this hotel for overnight accommodations.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know about your most recent stay at the Award Winning Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. The staff and I take pride in providing great service to every guest every time and I can see we did just that. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you again in the near future because "We Love Having You Here!."

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Hampton Inns is a very nice hotel convenient to the downtown, restaurants and other sites in the area. The breakfast was very good and the staff very conscientious about keeping it fresh and well supplied. The hotel was full for the night we stayed and yet was very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay. The staff and I strive to provide clean rooms, comfortable surroundings and great service with every stay and from your subject line "Very Comfortable Hotel, " I can see we did just that. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff during our next morning huddle. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have never seen a Hampton built like this one. I think they build the front part with the indoor pool attached to the lobby which causes a very humid time at breakfast and then they added another wing at an angle to the first one. Nevertheless, a very nice property and great staff. We got upgraded to a large room with a living room but it was not separate from the sleeping area so I cannot call it a true suite. Still, very nice. Several restaurants in walking distance. The historical Mayberry is within a two mile drive. Pilot Mountain (Mt Pilot on Mayberry RFD) is about 10 miles south. While I was not overwhelmed by the place it was pleasant and more than met my needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sometrip

Thank you for staying at the Award Winning Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Check in and out is very easy. The rooms are very nice, comfortable and clean. The pool was very clean pool as well. Delicious complimentary breakfast with many food choices that should suit all diets.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience while staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and comfortable surroundings with every stay and from your trip advisor title "Excellent Place to Stay" I can see we did just that. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast. I believe we have one of the best. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the area. Thank you.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Staff was friendly. Good breakfast with helpful attendant. Was close to downtown Mount Airy. Pool was rather small and cold. The Ac was hard to adjust for temperature. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was very clean. We will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for providing us and other travelers with feedback regarding your most recent visit. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and great accommodations with every stay. I am pleased that you will definitely be back the next time your travels bring you to "Mayberry." We love having you here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Hampton Inn Mount Airy? Share your experiences!