“Great hotel friendly service”

Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mount Airy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Recent stay for a quick overnight trip brought us to this lovely hotel in mt. Airy. Upon our arrival in which we were early, we were greeted by a young lady who was very accommodating (gave us our room) and helpful in providing directions. The rooms are well maintained. The indoor pool looked inviting however we passed on a quick dip. We enjoyed the outdoor area for a relaxing cocktail(brought our own). The breakfast was wonderful with many many selections and restocked often. Definitely would recommend this hotel for overnight accommodations.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know about your most recent stay at the Award Winning Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. The staff and I take pride in providing great service to every guest every time and I can see we did just that. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you again in the near future because "We Love Having You Here!."

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Mount Airy

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Hampton Inns is a very nice hotel convenient to the downtown, restaurants and other sites in the area. The breakfast was very good and the staff very conscientious about keeping it fresh and well supplied. The hotel was full for the night we stayed and yet was very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay. The staff and I strive to provide clean rooms, comfortable surroundings and great service with every stay and from your subject line "Very Comfortable Hotel, " I can see we did just that. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff during our next morning huddle. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have never seen a Hampton built like this one. I think they build the front part with the indoor pool attached to the lobby which causes a very humid time at breakfast and then they added another wing at an angle to the first one. Nevertheless, a very nice property and great staff. We got upgraded to a large room with a living room but it was not separate from the sleeping area so I cannot call it a true suite. Still, very nice. Several restaurants in walking distance. The historical Mayberry is within a two mile drive. Pilot Mountain (Mt Pilot on Mayberry RFD) is about 10 miles south. While I was not overwhelmed by the place it was pleasant and more than met my needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sometrip

Thank you for staying at the Award Winning Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Check in and out is very easy. The rooms are very nice, comfortable and clean. The pool was very clean pool as well. Delicious complimentary breakfast with many food choices that should suit all diets.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience while staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and comfortable surroundings with every stay and from your trip advisor title "Excellent Place to Stay" I can see we did just that. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast. I believe we have one of the best. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the area. Thank you.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Staff was friendly. Good breakfast with helpful attendant. Was close to downtown Mount Airy. Pool was rather small and cold. The Ac was hard to adjust for temperature. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was very clean. We will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for providing us and other travelers with feedback regarding your most recent visit. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and great accommodations with every stay. I am pleased that you will definitely be back the next time your travels bring you to "Mayberry." We love having you here!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here during a wedding in Pilot Mountain. Friendly staff, and quiet, clean rooms. You can't go wrong with the cool A/C running and SportsCenter in HD on a large flatscreen after a five-hour drive. A room on the top floor near the stairwell combined with quick waffles and fruit for breakfast made this hotel a great place to stay. I don't imagine my travels will take me back to Mount Airy every again, but if they do, I'm staying here. The hotel is near fast food, CVS, and has speedy dry-cleaning service. I checked in late on a Wednesday night, dropped off a suit to be dry-cleaned, and had it back the next afternoon. Not bad at all. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Top floor near the stairwell.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for highly recommending the Hampton Inn Mt. Airy NC and for the 5 star rating on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us and other travelers with feedback of your most recent stay. The staff and I strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and comfortable surroundings with every visit and from your title I feel that we did just that. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Only one night there but would be willing to stay many nights. People we extra friendly and the rooms were nice and comfortable. Price was reasonable. On the day we were to arrive I went online to book that nights stay and accidently booked it for one month out. Because I paid upfront for a lower rate the website said no refunds. I called them and explained what I had accidently done and they made the change with no problem at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mt. Airy NC and for the excellent review that you gave us on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your comments with the staff during our morning huddle. We would love to have you again the next time your travels bring you to the area. Thanks!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Hampton Inn Mount Airy? Share your experiences!