“Authentic and delicious. Yum!!!”

Saffron Indian Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 156 Restaurants in Morrisville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Saffron brings traditional Indian gourmet experience to the triangle area. We serve weekdays special lunch combos and weekdays buffet.
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I don't get the negative reviews at all. The service was outstanding. We dined in the lunch buffet. The waitstaff were all Indian and I'm sure the cooks must have been too. Our tea was refilled instantly and we had a basket of warm naan upon returning to our table. The lunch pricing was a bargain for 10$ PP. loved it!

There are newer reviews for Saffron Indian Restaurant

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had not visited the restaurant in about one year but used to go there often. The lunch buffet used to be a good deal for about $10-11 with a large variety of foods. However, the price is now a ridiculous $14 each for warmed over, mostly soggy deep fried stuff. The foods all seemd lukewarm and the best part of the meal were the rice and the bread! Also noticed a stale odor permeating the place. Will n

1  Thank candlemas
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've eaten at Saffron at least ten times and it's probably my favorite restaurant in the area. The chicken korma and chicken tikka masala have a really good flavor.

The only reason why I am giving it four stars is because I had a really disappointing experience a few days ago. I had the lamb vindaloo a few months ago and it was AMAZING. So, so, so, spicy. The spiciest dish I've had from a restaurant. I was thrilled.

I ordered it again this week (asking for spicy) and it was medium to mild. There were like three peppers in it. I was SO disappointed. Okay, so I'm white, and a young female, and probably I don't look like I could handle that much spiciness. But come on, for sixteen dollars plus tip, can you at least ask me before you downgrade my request of spicy to mild??? I am NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER ordering lamb vindaloo there again. I will probably go back and order chicken korma, or chicken tikka masala, or maybe malai kofka. Not anything that I expect to be spicy, because I don't want to be that disappointed again.

Sorry this probably seems really melodramatic, but after getting lamb vindaloo the spiciest I've ever tasted (literally sweating, eating one spoonful with half a cup of rice) and then getting it mild (not needing to drink a drop of water for the entire meal), I just don't want to deal with the inconsistency. The flavor will always be good, but the hotness is apparently highly inconsistent.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I go to Saffron often (for dinner, we've never had the lunch buffet). The Paneer Pasanda is my favorite dish, and the serving size is so large that I can eat it for lunch the next day too. The cheese kulcha is to die for. Everyone is always friendly and accommodating (bringing extra rice for us to take home with leftovers, or adjusting the heat level of my food when I accidentally order it too spicy). I really like the atmosphere in the restaurant too—a lot of local Indian restaurants lack that nice ambiance.

1  Thank amandyrae
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'll be fair -- this was only my second time eating Indian food, and I just don't have a taste for it, apparently. I'm not a huge fan of buffets, but that's the only option (or so I was told) at lunch. I decided to take the plunge and give it a shot, because this way I could sample lots of different dishes. The buffet did seem to be fairly large. However, I did notice was that there seemed to be a pretty big range of temperatures for the food on the buffet.

The wait staff was courteous but not overly friendly. The restaurant itself is nice, though a bit dark on the inside.