“Excellent Lunch Buffet”

Ranked #79 of 155 Restaurants in Morrisville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Saffron brings traditional Indian gourmet experience to the triangle area. We serve weekdays special lunch combos and weekdays buffet.
Cary, North Carolina
“Excellent Lunch Buffet”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I went here for lunch. We normally avoid buffets, but we found that was the only choice for lunch. We were a bit nervous about that, but were very happily surprised by the food.

The tiki masala was particularly good. The food was not piping hot, but it was plenty warm for our tastes. We were asked if we wanted nan and we thoroughly enjoyed the basket we were given. We enjoyed bowls of custard to finish the meal. It was a perfect ending to a wonderfully-seasoned meal.

Unlike some other reviewers, I would not call the wait staff "rude." I would say that they do not have a very firm grasp of English. However, we were able to communicate well enough.

My wife and I are eager to go back to Saffron and to take others as well. Two people were $22 with water. It seemed like an excellent value to me.

• Visited January 2013

North Carolina
“Has gone downhill!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Ever since a change in management, the food and service have drastically gone down in quality. T&E chicken dishes are bland and rubbery. The wait staff is rude. The prices have gone up. There are plenty of other choices in town

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank JettSett
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

If you like Indian food and want a change, try this place for Lunch. They have great buffet a little price but well worth it.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Ok buffet”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ok buffet, but food was warm not hot which took away from flavor. Poor service. Had to ask for man. Had to ask for water. Restaurant was close to empty at time. Came because of coupon.

Cary, North Carolina
“Decent, But There's Better Indian Food In Town”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Saffron (Morrisville) has frequently been a takeout place for me. The atmosphere inside leaves a lot to be desired. I was there one evening, and out of nowhere they turned on a projector, tanked the music, and started playing bollywood music videos. I'm all for bollywood music and a more authentic environment, but when there's only a dozen people in the restaurant, music that loud really isn't necessary. The service isn't as good as I'd expect for the price point. I wouldn't expect to have to remind a waiter three times that I asked for another beer (especially since that's a revenue stream for them). I've even gone in to pickup my takeout at the time they told me to come, there's only been maybe a dozen people in the restaurant, but I've still had to wait an additional 15-20 minutes to pickup my food. Food is average, there is certainly better Indian food in town (try Saffron in Chapel Hill--no affiliation to this Saffron).

• Visited September 2012