“Another Home Run”

Dining options: Reservations
Mashpee, Massachusetts
“Another Home Run”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

After several months of not being in the area, finally had a RDU layover. Decided to revisit my favorite area restaurant. Carmen's did not disappoint! As always food was delicious and plentiful. Service by Luis and Justin friendly, gracious and prompt! Highly recommend to anyone in the area.

Little Rock
“Will definitely return”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The exterior is a bit off-putting and looked a bit low end. But it was right next door to Microtel where I was staying for park and fly, so I checked it out on TripAdvisor and found it was pretty highly rated. It's not cheap, but a discount certificate made it well worth trying and I'm glad I did. I'd never had Cuban food before, so can't vouch for authenticity, but everything was excellent, especially the fried plantains, black beans, and yellow rice. Very different from Mexican or Spanish. The wine selection was decent, and the waiters very attentive. While the decor was pretty simple, the classic Cuban posters were evocative. It would be a nice place to get together with a few friends.

• Visited November 2013
“Excellent Cuban food!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Some of the best Cuban food I have ever eaten! Don't miss out on trying some of the appetizers - delicious! Perfect rice and black beans too!

London, Canada
“A FINE PLACE”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I spent a few hours at Carmen's recently while over-nighting at an adjacent motel whose name I shall not mention again. I did not know what to expect after seeing the reviews of the place but we were quite satisfied. We had a few drinks at the bar and some appetizers so we can not comment on the dinner menu. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was equally good. We would definitely go there again on our next trip thru Raleigh.

• Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Cuban Food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place has excellent food. The location is so-so, but I've never had a bad meal here out of the 6-10 times I've eaten at Carmen's. My favorite meal is the breaded chicken meal with the plantains. Always a good portion and enough to have another meal the next day.

Visited April 2013