“The best chicken rice beans and plantains ever!”

Carmen's Cuban Cafe & Lounge
Ranked #2 of 154 Restaurants in Morrisville
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Caribbean
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Margate, Florida
“The best chicken rice beans and plantains ever!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

As a south florida residentm, I am very familiar with good cuban food, and did not anticipate finding such in Morrisville, NC. Carmens was excellent, Well worth going from Chapel Hill to Morrisville for the food,.

Visited June 2013

NC
“Good food & convenient to airport”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Ended up here due to a cancelled flight and glad it gave me the chance to try this place. Nice atmosphere, great music, and pretty good food. I was a little disappointed they were out of the dish I originally picked, but if I'm ever in the area again I wouldn't hesitate to return for a meal.

Windermere, Florida
“Good choice for dinner close to the RDU airport”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Carmen's Cuban Cafe is a good choice for either lunch or dinner. The restaurant is located across from a deserted factory outlet mall, so it is a de facto destintion place. Parking is available in front as well as in the rear. When I arrived I was the only one there so the service was quick.

The menu was somewhat limited, however there was enough to satisfy most people (unless your a vegetarian). I decided to try the stuffed pork loin. The pork was very good, however the portion was too much for me to even come close to finishing. You definitely do not need an appetizer. They do serve garlic bread prior to your meal arriving.

The atmosphere and decor is basic, but still provides a nice overall experience. The staff was nice and did not have to wait long at any point during my dinner. I would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a leisurely meal at a reasonable price.

moharaphd
“Lovely experience!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went because we had a deal to get 3 miles per dollar spent... It was well worth it. The food was excellent and the portions very generous. I rarely finish a meal; my husband almost always does, but even he took some home. The bread they serve is unusual -- tastes garlicky, but it is as if they do some sort of egg / garlic wash -- at any rate, it was delicious.

I had ?? biliche merchado, which needed a little salt but was otherwise perfect. The main dishes are served with red or black beans, white or yellow rice and plantains or yucca. We plan on going back AND bringing friends.

Newton, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great treat before a flight out. Food was great. Atmosphere is pretty basic and service was friendly but on the slow side.

• Visited April 2013