Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed May 3, 2010

This was the last stay of a 20 day business trip and the best of 6 places I stayed at on the trip.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 16, 2010

I chose this hotel for our trip to the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area due to the many positive reports here on Trip Advisor and was glad I did. We spent several nights visiting friends in the Chapel Hill area, but Durham and Raleigh were also convenientely located to this airport hotel. Although at the airport, it was very quiet and I never heard a single plane. The staff was very friendly and there was a complimentary big hot breakfast every morning, and chocolate chip cookies were always available for munching. Ours was a suite with 2 queen beds and TV and chair in the bedroom, and the adjoining room had a very nice seating area (couch, lounge chair, desk, table, TV) and a kitchen with microwave, fridge and large counter top with sink. It was quite spacious enough in our opinion and always very clean. There was free Internet hookup. The beds were quite comfortable and there were 4 nice pillows on each bed. We did not use the gym room but it seemed well equipped. We will definitely stay here again next time we're in the Raleigh area. By the way, we were lucky enough to hit one their "buy 2 nights and get 3rd night free" promotions. The price was reasonable anyway, but this made it even better!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I stay at the Country Inn & Suites about once or twice a month, as I travel to the Raleigh area from Wilmington, NC for business. I can honestly say that I have found a "home" there. The Front Desk staff always welcomes me, and treats me like an old friend. The Director of Sales has become a personal friend. I would not stay any other hotel in the Raleigh area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is always fresh, and the breakfast room is kept clean and free of debris. The Happy Hour is always a nice end to the day. After working in the hotel industry for six years in my career, I have come to notice the little things. Those little things are done very well at the Country Inn & Suites. My current job is as a Director in a global meeting production company. We work within the pharmaceutical industry, with very demanding clients. I have stayed in beautiful four and five diamond hotels all around this country. I find that the Country Inn & Suites is an excellent value, and a great hotel. Bravo, Country Inn & Suites! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank cdiehl
CountryRDU, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

I can not think of a better comment than you consider us home. We look forward to your next visit, and we thank you.

Reviewed January 26, 2010

This place is 2 minutes from the airport. I stayed the night before a flight our for a cruise, and again the night we returned. We got to park our car there while we were away. The kids loved the indoor pool. My husband loved the breakfast. I loved the restaurant next door, the food was awsome. We will defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank RMGirl
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I stayed here in October for 2 nights on business. I checked in pretty late and they were ok with this. The hotel was clean and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was larger, the only issue I had was that the floor was uneven in some spots, so be careful when walking around. The bathroom was large. This hotel is right outside the airport and thats great if you are looking for a nearby place to crash. They offer an airport shuttle. You can also get a good night's sleep, I never heard a plane taking off or landing. The only problem is with the area, good luck finding food delivery services, you are better off picking up food from the fast food restaurants on the other side of town. The desk clerk did refer us to Papa Johns and we were able to order a quick bite to eat. The breakfast included alot of items and variety. Good value all the way around!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2009

For the price you cannot beat this hotel. They had free internet and a free breakfast. The breakfast was your typical continental, but had a lot of choices. The rooms were spotless and the bed was fairly comfortable. The only negative is that you do hear the planes from the airport flying over (but what do you expect staying by the airport). However, if you turn the fan on the a/c unit, it drowns them out. The only other negative was the staff, when I checked in the lady never looked up at me. She kept on doing what ever it was she was doing, and simply said "name?". She handed me my key without ever making eye contact.......weird.....! But the housekeeping staff were very nice and did a superb job! Overall a good place!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rdhddglvr
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Just a hint - even though Country Inn & Suites has a "best price" guarantee on their website, we booked the room with our flight through Yahoo travel (which I would normally never use) and saved $40 a night on the room.

Couldn't have asked for better in even a more expensive price category - easy and friendly checkin; large clean room (had not only a desk, but also a table to work from); good breakfast with eggs & bacon; no problem getting a shuttle to airport at 4:30 a.m.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Clydesdale1957
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
Aloft Raleigh-Durham Airport Brier Creek
Holiday Inn Raleigh Durham Airport-Morrisville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!