“Don't buy the website BBQ rhetoric...or the food”
Review of Danny's Bar-B-Que

Danny's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #22 of 155 Restaurants in Morrisville
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Don't buy the website BBQ rhetoric...or the food”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I would give this restaurant less than one star if possible. The food was substandard. Their website brags about bringing real BBQ to the region since they didn't like the Carolina version, but everything about this place falls far short of anything good. All of the sides are frozen, canned or pre-processed, so don't get excited about a hush puppy, Brunswick stew or side of coleslaw. They say their meat is cooked on the premises, but I am highly skeptical. My ribs arrived tough and barely warmed. My husband's half chicken arrived in the same condition. My son ordered pulled pork, but they call it something else there — I guess even the correct BBQ vernacular escapes them. When I tried to tell the cashier about the terrible food, she laughed. When I called her on it, she claimed she just worked there. I told the manager second, who acknowledged the food isn't fresh, except for the meat. Even after my comments though, it was clear he thinks this restaurant is fantastic, and stated they've been in business 20 years. I can only wonder how.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank FoodadventurerKath

Been to Danny's Bar-B-Que? Share your experiences!