“1/2 step up from the usual chains”
Review of Travinia

Travinia
Ranked #30 of 158 Restaurants in Morrisville
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Handcrafted daily, fresh pasta, pizza, chicken, seafood, steak, veal and desserts. Extensive wine bar, gluten-free menu. Patio dining and fire pits.
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I wanted to sit on a patio for dinner since it was such a nice evening and Travinia's patio seemed to fit the bill.

The food was better than the usual Italian chains however nothing to write home about. Beer selection was ok (2 out of 6 taps were wheat beers) however did not check the wine list.

If you're in the area and the weather's nice, this isn't a bad place to grab a meal on the patio but don't expect to be wowed.

1  Thank kbrenneman73

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went here with a group of work colleagues, for an early dinner. The place was very busy, but they had our table ready and seated us. Then we waited for about 10 minutes for anyone to appear to take a drinks order, and then a while longer for the drinks to appear. Our waiter was knowledgeable but very chatty - less talk, more service. The wine and beer range was extensive and excellent. The food was.........ok. Not bad, not brilliant. The appetisers were a good portion, some ok, but some of it was cold. The entrees again varied - an excellent steak, an ok pizza, the pasta was nicely cooked, but the sauces were underseasoned. The place bustled, but I do think with not enough staff. Would I choose to go back....probably not, I'm sure there is better available - Italian food can be out of this world, this was very much in this world.

1  Thank chris j
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I am not a huge fan of Italian food, but my husband and our best friends love it so I eat it often. When we decided to eat at Travinia, I braced myself for my usual reaction of just tolerating the food. Wow! Not at this place! It was very, very good! I had Italian nachos for an appetizer.....a different spin, then a Caesar salad. My entree was short ribs and rigatoni. It was to die for!

My only complaint is the noise level. It is very loud and at times it was difficult to hear the others at our table. But....if you are looking for good Italian food and can take the loud atmosphere, you have found a great restaurant. it is very busy so I would make reservations! Parking can be a nightmare so valet parking is offered.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

very nice waiter, but overly talkative. Food a bit heavy and over sauced. would not make it special occasion place.

1  Thank DiscerningWoman
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were invited to this restaurant by a friend celebrating her birthday.
It was hard to find a parking spot on a rainy Saturday evening, what is not nice.
Once inside, it looks very nice with the open kitchen and a great atmosphere.
The service was very good always checking if we needed anything.
The food took a while but that is understandable since our group was very large.
Everyone liked what they have ordered, except for the ones who ordered pizza, which had very hard dough, not much topping and a weird seasoning in the tomato sauce.
Prices are reasonable for such a nice place. The drinks selection is also very good.
We will get back one of these days and try something other than the pizza. The one I had I think was called Tonny's favorite.

Been to Travinia? Share your experiences!