“Excellent stop on the way to the Outer Banks”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Airport S
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The convenience of staying at this hotel is what attracted us originally, but now it's our regular stop to and from the Outer Banks. We travel with three dogs and they've never had a problem with them staying with us. The front desk is efficient and the rooms are decent. We sleep well and our dogs seem to be happy with the accommodations too. Last time we stayed there they upgraded us to a suite and it was even better than the time before. We've booked them again this year for our annual OBX trip and are looking forward to staying there.

Located just off of the interstate, close to the airport, I can't recommend this hotel enough.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 25, 2010

We did a last minute booking so we did not have to drive an hour and a half to the airport and wanted something inexpensive as we would just be sleeping there. We were pleasantly surprised to get such a deal and were a bit skeptical as to what we would be walking into. The hotel is older but in very good shape. The check in was quick and polite. Our room was large and the crib we requested was already in the room when we got there. Everything was clean and in good shape. Our main concern was a reliable shuttle. We asked for a 6am shuttle and they were there and waiting when we got to the lobby. If I was flying out of Raleigh again I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Reserved a suite with a recliner. When we checked in they assured us that one was in the room. It was not. Called Front Desk and they said they coudl not move one from another room. Later, they said that they didn't even have recliner chairs in their hotel. When I told them that they had better find one if they had to go buy one since they assured us when we booked there would be one, they surprisely found one and would you believe it matched the fabric on the sofa in our room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2010

There are two La Quinta airport hotels right across the street from each other. We stayed in the slightly less expensive one. The shuttle driver said the only difference was ours had slightly smaller rooms.

With a free shuttle bus, free breakfast, free internet, fitness centre (not that great but good enough), this was very much the value choice. The bed confort, cleanliness and location were all just right for us. At a rate of about $85, you really can't go wrong.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We recently stayed here because we had a flight out of RDU at 7:30 and I really didn't want to get up at 4:30 and drive to RDU from Greensboro. We paid less for the room than we would have paid for parking at the airport. There is a Wendy's within walking distance and other restaurants less than a mile away. There is an outdoor pool but we did not use it. We will definitely be back if we fly out of RDU early again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This LaQuinta is as straight forward as any hotel gets. Check-in was a snap, complete with the offer of airport shuttle and wake-up call. Though LaQuinta is not known for extreme comfort, the room was very clean and comfortable. Beds left a little to be desired, but the 5am shuttle came early and I wasn't there for relaxation.

The <$50 rate was ideal and service was excellent. I would totally stay here again and I would recommend it to anybody I know.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I had a last minute business trip in the Raleigh/Durham area and needed an inexpensive hotel that was located close to the airport and the business where I was going. I pulled up hotels close to the airport and decided to take a risk with La Quinta because they had the lowest rate and the location was great. I was extremely nervous as I normally stay in 4 or 5 star hotels and was preparing myself for the worst upon arrival. To my surprise, I found a cozy littlehotel that was clean, contained all the amenities I needed, and had an extremely friendly and professional staff. It's not as posh as the other hotels I normally stay at but it exceeded my expectations and was worth more than what I paid. I would recommened this hotel to ANYONE and will definately try the brand again!! :) If you need a taxi while in the area give LEO's Taxi service a call. They took me around the area for the two days I was visiting and I didnt break the bank.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business