The REAL LaQuinta next door purchased this old Baymont Inn and tried to remake it into a LaQuinta. You can slap makeup on a pig, but its still a pig.
Without any indication of which building to go to and being unaware of the "new" La Quinta, I tried to check in at the real La Quinta. They had my name and reservation, but told me I would have to check in across the street. So I reloaded my luggage into the car and drove across the street.
The manager was training a new guy, so it took a while to check in. When they finally found my name (which they had immediately located next door), I went to the fourth floor and the room key didn't work. So I lugged all of my stuff back downstairs and they reprogrammed my keys. On the second trip up the key did not work again, which I thought would probably be the case. For the third trip up the manager accompanied me with new keys so she could discover for herself that they did not work. She asked me to wait in the hallway while she got me a different room (as it turns out, my intended room was occupied). So I got a tiny room next to the elevator, but I suspect that they are all tiny. It took me almost 45 minutes from the time I arrived to the time I got into a room. The manager said she was sorry, but that was all I got.
The wash basin is in the entry way, and the dimly-lit bathroom has a tub made for midgets and a fan that competes with the significant airport jet noise coming through the walls. There were a number of maintenance issues with the room - the front of the heating unit was detached, the outlets at the desk are not functional, there is nowhere to plug in an alarm or cell phone next to the bed, and the curtains were installed so that they will not close all the way (a large gap lets in morning light). There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign available. Oh, and the Internet connection is S L O W.
When I returned from dinner I parked my car in the back lot as the front lot was full, and sure enough there was no access through the back door - just a note apologizing for the inconvenience. I sure am glad it wasn't raining.
I realize La Quinta is not the most luxurious chain, but they have always provided me with excellent value on trips where I mainly need function and not frills. The friendly staff at this location could not compensate for the fact this is a former cut-rate Baymont with maintenance issues. There are plenty of other hotels next door that will give you better value for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport South is less than one mile from Raleigh-Durham International Airport. With easy freeway access, you are located in the middle of all that Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill has to offer: The PNC Arena, NC State University, Duke University, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Red Hat Amphitheater, NC Fairgrounds, Durham Performing Arts Center, Research Triangle Park as well as many other attractions are all within a short drive of the property! There is no doubt that you will wake up on the Bright Side after a restful night's sleep in one of our Bright Morning comfy pillow-top beds. Our spacious guestrooms also feature complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, Plug Play flat panel HD TVs, microwaves & refrigerators in select rooms, iron & ironing board, individual cup coffee makers, and many other amenities. We offer complimentary parking for up to 7 days for all guests that will be flying in and out of RDU. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Airport S reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Airport Hotel Morrisville
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Raleigh Airport
- La Quinta Raleigh Airport