New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport

Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Kinston, North Carolina
“Great Hotel for Early Flights with FREE PARKING and SHUTTLE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we had an early morning flight out of RDU and it is less than a mile from the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle drivers to and from the airport were very friendly as well. The hotel rates were reasonable and they offer free parking up to 10 days, and free shuttle service to and from the airport. The Capital City Chophouse, which has great dinner and bar menus, is located directly across the street from the hotel. Anytime I have an early morning flight, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Monique H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was flying out of the Raleigh/Durham Airport on vacation and stayed overnight at the The Hyatt Place in Raleigh near the airport. Everyone at the hotel is very helpful and we were able to leave our car at the hotel while we were away. The shuttle service took us to the airport the next morning and picked us up when we came back off our vacation. Very clean and nice place to stay. Would highly recommend it.

atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Pros: Nice, clean hotels and rooms. Pleasant staff.

Cons: The hotel is situated DIRECTLY in the path of RDU airport runway ! The airplanes fly directly over, on final approach about every 15 - 30 minutes. The frequent screeching of the 747, 777 or whatever jet liner is flying over is annoying the first several hours. After a day of dealing with the engine sounds, curdles your blood, makes your hair stand on your arm and gives you goose bumps! It's AWFUL !!! You cannot get to sleep before midnight, when the airport slows down/ closes. As a business.

As a business traveler, it is totally unacceptable !

If you are on vacation, its the pits !

If visiting the area, do not stay at any of the airports, hotel row of hotels. You will regret it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mount Airy, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I can't say enough good about this hotel always a friendly person to take care of me, rooms are always clean and fresh with a mini fridge in them ,and a free hot breakfast to start my day off all of this and at a great price.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lynch Station, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night with our two grandsons for a nearby indoor rock climbing tournament. Check in was the most efficient I've ever experienced. I just handed the desk clerk my reservation form printed on line. She swiped my credit card and gave me the key. It was that quick. I knew the room would be large with the corner sofa, as I had stayed in other Hyatt Place properties and wanted extra space for the boys to spread out. What I had forgotten is the tiny bathroom. There was barely room to step in and out of the bathtub, but I suppose it was adequate. In the middle of our dressing for breakfast, the toilet overflowed. When I notified the front desk, some one came immediately and cleared it, so I can't complain, except that it would have been better if the problem hadn't occurred to begin with. Also, there really wasn't enough soap and shampoo for the four of us, and we had reserved the room for two adults and two children. I'm sure we could have requested extras, but we didn't notice until we had no minutes to spare. Oh well, it was still a good experience. No major issues with airplane noise even though I've never been so close to the underbellies of jetliners without boarding them! The airplane noise stopped early in the evening, but then some sort of machinery cycled on and off outside our window during the night. It wasn't our heater, but maybe it was someone else's. Breakfast was excellent -- pancakes, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, egg biscuits, etc. Our stay was not perfect, but I would stay again, as the staff was very helpful and the building was attractive and well maintained.

Room Tip: Maybe you want a floor or two between you and the airplane noise.
Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We've stayed here twice now this year. Check-in was a little rocky both times, with a good deal of confusion among staff covering the desk and the bar. Smooth sailing after that, both times. Kinda creepy to be right at the end of he runway, but the noise is minimal.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with the Hyatt Place. Since it's an airport hotel, I had some biases going into it (e.g., uncomfortable, noisy, lower quality). I've never stayed at an airport hotel, so I'm not sure where those ideas come from. However, the Hyatt Place is well decorated, clean, modern, and comfortable.

Due to its location, there are airplanes that fly directly overhead. When you check-in there is a note the staff has posted offering ear plugs or assistance in finding another hotel if the airplanes are too much of a bother. Really, I heard the airplanes mainly from 9-11pm and it felt like I was about to lift-off and lasted for a few seconds. While it was noticeable, it was not bothersome and once I was asleep I was never disturbed.

They have a great breakfast bar! They offer fresh oatmeal, cereal, egg sandwiches, fruit, yogurts, and breads. The ambiance was very welcoming with plenty of seating throughout the lobby. In addition, they have a coffee and drink bar with a pastry counter that is open 24/7. Those of you who get the midnight munchies, they've got you covered!

The rooms were spacious! I had a king bed and it had a living room and a wet bar area with a coffee maker and mini fridge. It was very clean and comfortable as well.

The staff were very friendly and had a strong work ethic. Wherever I was in the hotel, there was someone cleaning, organizing, or greeting others.

Great hotel and if I am in the area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Intl AP
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!