“Good food, excellant servce”

La Cocina Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 154 Restaurants in Morrisville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Cary, North Carolina
“Good food, excellant servce”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We go there frequently for lunch from our office. usually 4 or 5 of us. Service is very fast and friendly. they have a wide variety of food but it is basically what I consider "faux" Americanized Mexican food. I have eaten in many of the Mexican restaurants in the greater RTP are and this is one of the better ones. However, if you are looking for the old fashioned, authentic Mexican food there a couple of better places in the Triangle. We go because we like the food & the service not because it is authentic Mexican food.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Levon M

location, location. location...
“Fast, good lunch food”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Been here several times and never disappointed. I always get the Speedy Gonzalez and it's always done the way it should be. We get seated quickly for lunch and the staff is very courteous.

• Visited April 2013
Bahama
“Fast, friendly, good value”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went in for a fast lunch and it was very good. We were seated promptly, ordered and food was served in 15 minutes or less.
Exceptionally clean, very polite wait staff, soda and water glasses never went empty. Good value for the meal.

Visited November 2012
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Great authentic food, great price, nice people”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is some of the best traditional Mexican food in the RDU area. Very nice people, great food, great prices, quick service and awesome Margaritas. We eat there all the time. They have all of the standard fare of tacos, burritos, fajitas, etc, as well as great traditional shrimp, fish and steak dishes. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Marc R
Atlanta, Georgia
“Service far outperforms the food”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Recently while in RDU, I had a craving for Mexican. I won't call myself an expert or a connoisseur, but I have enjoyed superb Mexican food from California to Georgia and most points in between. I read through the tripadvisor.com reviews prior to choosing La Cocina and decided to give it a try even with some less than stellar recommendations. Unfortunately, I left quite disappointed.

I chose a house specialty Margarita to start my experience, which was average at best. Considering that I might have set my expectations too high I deferred to an old standard where any Mexican Restaurant should be able to excel, the burrito especial. Simply put, the steak tips were overcooked and tough, the green peppers under cooked, the onions far too large and overpowering and the refried beans soupy.

One bright note - the server and service were superior! Attentive, suggestive and playful with my mixed english / spanish conversation. I do not believe I would venture back however without several superior reviews in the future.

• Visited May 2012