“GREAT Peking Duck” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cary, North Carolina
“GREAT Peking Duck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was looking for a restaurant near me in Cary that had great Peking Duck. I saw a review on Yelp that was good, so I gave this place a try. I have had Peking Duck at restaurants around the world including Tokyo, New York City's Chinatown, and Ghana (funny, I have never been to China). This little cafe has Peking Duck that is as good as it gets! I ordered Peking Duck, house fried rice, and vegetable delight and every dish was AMAZING!!! Peking Duck is my favorite dish and I normally only have it about every six months, because it is difficult to find. I have mixed emotions now I know that there is a restaurant literally around the corner that has my favorite dish, because I WILL BE THERE OFTEN!!! Oh well, I will just have to go running more to balance eating this OUTSTANDING food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Akron ohio
“Everything tasted like old oil”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

My wife and I are new to the area and were looking for good take-out. After reading the reviews we decided on the Taipei Cafe. We were both very disappointed in our meals. From the spring rolls to the general Tso's chicken, all we could taste was the oil it was cooked in. It tasted old and completely overpowered the flavor of the food. We will definitely not be returning.

Visited January 2012
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“A Cure for home sick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

This rating is for true Chinese food lover. Some of you may not know there are many different styles of Chinese food. Taipei café has the authentic Taiwan style cooking. They can also cook many different other style, even on demand. However, it is difficult for me to rate since that I order much less of them.

I have seen many American friends visiting them as well; so I have to assume they are good for American’s taste too. For us, even we did browse menu from occasionally, we usually ask the owner what’s good today. She will make recommendation about what is fresh and what is popular in those days. That typically become what we eat. It is not a big restaurant but it is clean and bright. We visit there often enough and joke about that is our kitchen.

You will enjoy the relax feeling and home cooking especially if you are from Chinese community or a true Chinese-Chinese food lover (vs. the American-Chinese food like Panda Express. Panda Express is not bad but it is different and hard to say it is authentic). Of course, it is very easy for carry out if you live near by.

• Visited November 2011