“Microtel, Mooresville, NC” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I hope all goes well, but revising our reservation has been a nightmare. Due to extreme weather back east and the fact my husband is flying stand-by with at least 2 plane changes-we thought it best to cancel the first night of the two night reservation. I called the hotel directly and spoke with BaBa. He said no problem-and if my husband does make it that first night there are rooms available at the same rate. Sounded great. I asked for a cancellation confirmation via e-mail. Again-he said no problem. What I received was a confirmation for the second night. I then called the 800 number. They said they couldn't access the reservation and gave me customer service.I called that number-the lady said no problem-and a confirmation for the cancellation was on the way. Three hours later-still no e-mail (I like everything in writing so there's no issue if a charge should show up). I again called customer service. This person said both nights had been cancelled! She said she'd call the hotel to re-instate the second night-which according to her she did. She also said she couldn't send me an e-mail confirming the cancellation because "it was now out of the system". I've NEVER had so many problems PRIOR to a stay. I hope all goes well-but folks-beware-they have a "third party reservation" system, a hotel 800 number, customer service and the hotel itself. And no one has been effective-and may not communicate with the other.if I'm wrong-I'll write a positive review, and give them credit. But it's not looking good right now..

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Nick M, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest
We would definitely like to solve your issue if you can call us directly at the property on 919 462 0061. We would like to look into this matter so that we make sure that everything is clarified.We don't know your details from your review so can't find out about your stay.
Please call us would definitely look into this,
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Gm
Morrisville, North Carolina, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Arriving I anticipated all was in order, only to find that the reservation made after online research was not as the 1-800 person had acknowledged. The
reception person (BaBa) advised me that the reservation was not inclusive in
the price. BaBa was receptive to the situation and did not charge me full price for the parking. I called the 1-800 customer service number on the reservation to discuss the issue. The person I spoke to was kind and customer service oriented. She gave me a reasonable credit on the charge and advised me that someone would be calling me to discuss the transaction after they reviewed the recording. This would take 2 to 3 days.
I spoke to her on the evening of the 17th from my hotel room. I have not
heard from anyone at this point in time which is the 21st. I very much appreciated her service. I hope the agents are instructed to recognize that
if a person, like myself is looking for the park and ride service, they will instruct the customer to call the hotel direct.

Room Tip: The pillows in the room were very poor quality. They had no cush at all. They were like sleeping wi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Travelers also viewed these Morrisville hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Intl AP
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Airport S
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Raleigh-Durham Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport? Share your experiences!