“Good to rest your head..for the most part”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
North Carolina
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was actually one of my favorite hotels to stay at when I'd fly to NYC and back, so I've been there several times. Never had a single problem until last night. There is a now a nightclub, Carmen's, right next door. I had seen a show in Durham last night but chose to stay in this Raleigh airport area hotel because I was familiar with it and had always enjoyed my previous stays. However, as I was dead tired and ready for bed last night, I suddenly heard this continuous pounding bass which started up about 10 p.m. At first I couldn't tell where it was coming from, but finally opened my window and heard it even louder and saw a bunch of cars parked around the hotel parking lot with people going into the club next door! I even went out into the hallway, walked to the opposite end, and could still hear it. I tried everything to drown it out- running the central fan, the bathroom fan, turning my TV up, even sticking wads of kleenex in my ears! Finally, about 12:30 a.m. I gave up, got out of bed feeling like a zombie, packed my stuff and drove 2 1/2 hours home just to finally get some sleep. I know this isn't the hotel's fault but beware if you're wanting a quiet night of sleep. Hard to believe there isn't some kind of zoning ordinance against this kind of thing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
microtelinnrdu, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear guest
Upon your comments on the next door night club we did talked to the owner and made sure that they keep their volume low from now on as we don't want any of our guests to be unhappy due to the noise,also the club has been there for over 10 yrs but we never ever had any such complian about the noise issue.But your comments helped us to inform them about it,
We really sorry about the noise.
Regards
Manny
sunny
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during 12-6 for 3 nights. I am actually in the process of doing IVF and we needed somewhere that I could stay for bedrest that was convient for me to get to the airport. The hotel is not bad at all...no bugs, no dusty dirtyness. I stayed there for a few days, and was actually quiet comfortable. The bed was comfortable and most importantly clean. The staff was very friendly, I probably bugged them alot being board and on bed rest, the girl at the front desk helped me to get on the internet with my nook in my room...after that I was set. I didn't have a car, the front dest helped me get a cab to the clinic. They also helped me order food etc because I was basically stuck there on my own. Most importantly being a woman by myself, I never was scared alone at the hotel. We have stayed in very nice places before, of course your not staying at the Ritz, but it serves its purpose. Also, the free shuttle to and from the airport was perfect. NO wait at all, they were ready when I was.

I just wanted to say that most people write reviews when they are not happy with the place they stayed at. This was actually my first time staying at a value type hotel and to be quiet honest, I was very happy with my stay!

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or pool...lol...but no other choice was able to be made :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
microtelinnrdu, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We really appreciate your business very much.Would love to see you again .
Also appreciate your honest comments which makes us proud to serve our guest the best we can..
Regards
Manny.K
JACKSONVILLE
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago for business. So I was pleasantly surprized to see that it was the same hotel I had confidence in, When my flight returns back to NC, I am staying an additional night to rest before I start the 2 1/2 trek to the coast. Thank you staff for making my stay comfy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Travelers also viewed these Morrisville hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Airport S
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport? Share your experiences!