This was actually one of my favorite hotels to stay at when I'd fly to NYC and back, so I've been there several times. Never had a single problem until last night. There is a now a nightclub, Carmen's, right next door. I had seen a show in Durham last night but chose to stay in this Raleigh airport area hotel because I was familiar with it and had always enjoyed my previous stays. However, as I was dead tired and ready for bed last night, I suddenly heard this continuous pounding bass which started up about 10 p.m. At first I couldn't tell where it was coming from, but finally opened my window and heard it even louder and saw a bunch of cars parked around the hotel parking lot with people going into the club next door! I even went out into the hallway, walked to the opposite end, and could still hear it. I tried everything to drown it out- running the central fan, the bathroom fan, turning my TV up, even sticking wads of kleenex in my ears! Finally, about 12:30 a.m. I gave up, got out of bed feeling like a zombie, packed my stuff and drove 2 1/2 hours home just to finally get some sleep. I know this isn't the hotel's fault but beware if you're wanting a quiet night of sleep. Hard to believe there isn't some kind of zoning ordinance against this kind of thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in Morrisville,NC by the RDU Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn Raleigh Durham Airport Hotel Morrisville
- Microtel Raleigh Durham Airport
- Microtel Morrisville
- Morrisville Microtel