“Looks nicer than it is”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
oklahoma
“Looks nicer than it is”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We recently planned on staying here for two nights at the end of last year. We flew in from Oklahoma and arrived in the early evening around 7PM and there was no one at the front desk to check us in. We waited for 10 minutes before someone showed up. When checking in, my husband double checked, as he always does, to make sure they have put a baby crib in our room per our reservation request. She told him that she didn't see a request for a crib, she quickly looked in the office behind the front desk, informed him that she saw no cribs back there....and it was left as, "tough luck". Where is my one year old daughter supposed to sleep? We went to our "suite" hoping to see a kind sized bed so maybe we could manage to co-sleep with her in between us, but nope....we were greeted with a rather small room that was carved into a "suite" and it had full sized bed. They claim it is a queen sized bed, but we sleep on a queen sized bed at our home, and this was smaller than that. I was very disappointed in general because we had been staying in a Candlewood Suites (also owned by the parent company of Staybridge Suites/Holiday Inn) and that hotel, while considered a lower end hotel type in their fleet of hotels, had a suite that was considerably larger than this one (although the bed was the same size). This Staybridge suite didn't even have a full sized refrigerator, for instance. They didn't really have a proper table at which to eat (if you were able to cook in the kitchen). The bathroom sink area is separate from the bathtub/toilet area and not enclosed by a door, so if someone is getting ready in the morning before the other person is out of bed, they will be woken up by the sounds from the sink area....like when a person dries their hair. This wasn't the case at the Candlewood Suites where the bathroom had the bathtub, toilet and sink all in one enclosed room. Staybridge did have 3 of everything in the kitchen (3 plates, 3 bowls, 3 glasses, 3 forks etc.) whereas Candlewood only had 2 of everything. For the crib situation, what we ended up doing was going over to the Holiday Inn Express hotel which shares the parking lot with Staybridge, and we booked our second night with them (and canceled the room for our 2nd night at Staybridge) and asked if we could borrow their portable baby crib to use at Staybridge (after all this is their sister hotel)....which they were happy to do. My husband wheeled the baby bed across the parking lot to our Staybridge room, and then he rolled it back over to the Holiday Inn Express the next morning for our stay there. It would have been nice if the front desk clerk at the Staybridge Suites had done this for us, but she seemed to be poorly trained at best. She certainly could have used some extra help as it seemed like she was there all by herself...and she didn't know where they kept their baby cribs. It's a beautiful new hotel...the lobby is wonderful. The breakfast was nice. Everything else was sub-par. Not honoring a request for a baby bed is unacceptable. As a military family stationed over seas, we travel A LOT and this has never happened before or since, in the USA or in Europe. This hotel needs to get it's act together!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you need a baby bed or like a queen sized or larger bed. It would be perfect...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank oubandmom
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear oubandmom,

Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review of your stay and I'd like to sincerely apologize that it fell short of your expectations. Our staff should have done more to accommodate you and your child and our team will be sure to discuss your feedback promptly in order to better handle similar situations in the future. If you'd like to discuss your visit further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the number below so we can help make this right. However, I am glad you found our look beautiful & rated our cleanliness highly, and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay. Thanks again for your feedback.

(434) 822-2161

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I used to stay at the Hyatt House and this week I decided to stay here and try it out. The service, good and clean room and a good hot breakfast all amazing. The people at front desk, housekeeping and the lady at breakfast took really good care of me. I Will definitely repeat.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Saldibarj
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Saldibarj,

Thank you for giving us a try and I'm delighted to read that you had a great stay all-around! It's also great to hear we succeeded in providing a home away from home for you and that our staff was able to help you out with all of your needs. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed at many IHG Hotels around the US and this is one of my favorites, and possibly my top choice. Even for a short stay, it is much nicer to rent a place where I can cook my own meal if I want. They offer food and free Happy Hour Tues-Thurs. After a long day of working, it is nice to unwind with their offerings. Every time I fly into Raleigh, I stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank driby
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear driby,

We appreciate you leaving a review of your stay and are flattered to rank as one of your favorite IHG experiences! I'm glad to hear your in-suite kitchen was really convenient for your needs, as well as our evening receptions. Thanks again for your comments and we'll see you the next time you're in town!

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed December 24, 2013

It was a great 2 and a half weeks we have spent together with my colleagues there. I was pleasantly surprised of the real homely atmosphere provided by the gentle personnel and management team of this hotel. Lobby area made not like usual restaurant but like a leaving room in your own house makes you feel like at home every day. Rooms are very comfortable, you can even cook if you want because of the kitchen inside. Special thanks to Jose, Shauna, reception guys and shuttle drivers who are always assisted us with a lot of questions towards them. It was really perfect time. I wish I could be there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Andrey_Sakharov
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Andrey_Sakharov,

Thanks for taking the time to review your extended stay - we're very flattered to hear how much you loved your visit! We are grateful for your kind words for our staff and glad that we could help make you feel at home. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another stay as well!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels. If you get a suite with a living room, kitchen, and bedroom, there is a ton of space. Free dinner and booze 3 nights a week is very handy. They also have free breakfast. All the rooms have kitchens and full size refrigerators. I bought groceries and cooked in almost every day i was there for eight days. Very friendly staff and clean rooms. There is a Hooters within walking distance which is great for this time of year with football going on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tyler H
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Tyler H,

Thank you for writing about your experience at our Staybridge Suites - we're delighted to hear we're one of your favorites! It's also great to hear you enjoyed all the amenities we offer in our suites. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel worked well for me for a few days, but it would also be perfect for a long business stay. The room was quite large, and had a kitchenette with fridge, large microwave, 2 burner stove top, dishes etc. There is a sofa, and one comfortable chair for the larrger desk (there is also a smaller desk as well, but no dining table). Bed was excellent. Washroom had the 2 sinks and mirror outside the door to the shower/toilet room. Everything was clean and in good shape, and felt fresh. There is one elevator that is quite roomy and didn't seem to take too long to arrive (although I usually used the stair which are clean and wide)..

Finding it is a challenge the first time - it is tucked in behind the Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton Inn - you turn in between those 2 hotels and go to the back. Signage is small and hard to see, particularly at night. Coming from the airport rental car area you get on Airport Blvd and follow the sign to 40 East (it looks like a ramp, but isn't). After crossing over the highway, you will see the Holiday Inn on your left.

The desk staff were great - I got a lot of help with maps etc from Anthony. Breakfast was one of the better ones I've had, and Chenise who managed it was also quite helpful getting ice for us to soothe an injury. The lobby area had 4 televisions, a number of sofas and a number of tables and chairs so that often groups would gather for supper and everyone could see something that they wanted to see. They also have a small "store" with snacks, drinks (including beer) and other essentials.

There were at least 2 soccer teams in the hotel at the time, but I never heard any noise since the rooms seem to be quite solid.

The highway 40 into Raleigh can get backed up at this point in the evening (don't know about the morning), so I'd plan ahead if you are going to into Raleigh or out to Durham. The 540 north was always clear for us, so I don't know if it slows down.

There are a number of restaurants (mainly chain) within walking distance on Airport Blvd, and a good sub place very close (Mike's?) that is beside an Indian Restaurant that looked good as well.

I will go back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank steve m
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear steve m,

Thanks for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of your visit at our Staybridge Suites. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer in our suites, as well as that you found our staff very friendly and accommodating. We're grateful for your high ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area! Thank you again for your comments.

Leicester England
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and i did an overnight stay at the Staybridge en route from London to Miami and can honestly say we made a great choice selecting this hotel.
All the reception staff that we had the pleasure to meet were awesome and could not do enough for us and the hotel manager (Mr Joe Daly) kindly looked after a parcel for us awaiting our collection upon our arrival.Great service by all.
We had a Studio Suite and everything we needed was readily at hand and a large comfortable bed which gave us an excellent nights sleep.For a quick bite we just popped over to the Waffle House which is just a short walk from the hotel.
A great place to stay and if we are in the RDU area again we will not hesitate to stay here again.
Thanks to Mr Daly and his great team.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keefw
Dear keefw,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - I hope you had a fun trip in Miami. We appreciate your kind words for our staff and are glad you had a great stay overall. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area! Thank you again for your review.