We recently planned on staying here for two nights at the end of last year. We flew in from Oklahoma and arrived in the early evening around 7PM and there was no one at the front desk to check us in. We waited for 10 minutes before someone showed up. When checking in, my husband double checked, as he always does, to make sure they have put a baby crib in our room per our reservation request. She told him that she didn't see a request for a crib, she quickly looked in the office behind the front desk, informed him that she saw no cribs back there....and it was left as, "tough luck". Where is my one year old daughter supposed to sleep? We went to our "suite" hoping to see a kind sized bed so maybe we could manage to co-sleep with her in between us, but nope....we were greeted with a rather small room that was carved into a "suite" and it had full sized bed. They claim it is a queen sized bed, but we sleep on a queen sized bed at our home, and this was smaller than that. I was very disappointed in general because we had been staying in a Candlewood Suites (also owned by the parent company of Staybridge Suites/Holiday Inn) and that hotel, while considered a lower end hotel type in their fleet of hotels, had a suite that was considerably larger than this one (although the bed was the same size). This Staybridge suite didn't even have a full sized refrigerator, for instance. They didn't really have a proper table at which to eat (if you were able to cook in the kitchen). The bathroom sink area is separate from the bathtub/toilet area and not enclosed by a door, so if someone is getting ready in the morning before the other person is out of bed, they will be woken up by the sounds from the sink area....like when a person dries their hair. This wasn't the case at the Candlewood Suites where the bathroom had the bathtub, toilet and sink all in one enclosed room. Staybridge did have 3 of everything in the kitchen (3 plates, 3 bowls, 3 glasses, 3 forks etc.) whereas Candlewood only had 2 of everything. For the crib situation, what we ended up doing was going over to the Holiday Inn Express hotel which shares the parking lot with Staybridge, and we booked our second night with them (and canceled the room for our 2nd night at Staybridge) and asked if we could borrow their portable baby crib to use at Staybridge (after all this is their sister hotel)....which they were happy to do. My husband wheeled the baby bed across the parking lot to our Staybridge room, and then he rolled it back over to the Holiday Inn Express the next morning for our stay there. It would have been nice if the front desk clerk at the Staybridge Suites had done this for us, but she seemed to be poorly trained at best. She certainly could have used some extra help as it seemed like she was there all by herself...and she didn't know where they kept their baby cribs. It's a beautiful new hotel...the lobby is wonderful. The breakfast was nice. Everything else was sub-par. Not honoring a request for a baby bed is unacceptable. As a military family stationed over seas, we travel A LOT and this has never happened before or since, in the USA or in Europe. This hotel needs to get it's act together!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the Staybridge Suites Raleigh Durham Airport your home away from home. The Staybridge Suites RDU offers apartment-like suites featuring free wired and wireless internet access, fully equipped kitchens and all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term needs. All hotel guests can take advantage of our complimentary breakfast, Sundowner receptions, 24-hour Business Center,Guest Library, Outdoor Fireplace & Seating, Basketball Court, Fitness Center, and the Bridgemart Convenience Store. Our location adjacent to to the Raleigh Durham International Airport offers convenient access to Downtown Raleigh, RBC Center, NC State Fairgrounds, I-440, I-40, I-540, Highway 64 and the Raleigh Durham International (RDU) Airport. Staybridge is only minutes from great Universities like Duke University, North Carolina State University, & UNC Chapel Hill. We are also a great location near major corporations like John Deere, Lenovo, IBM, GlaxoSmithKline, Tekelec, Nortel, & Network Appliance. We offer complimentary transportation to companies with a five-mile radius of the hotel. Staybridge Suites RDU 'Stay Awhile' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport Hotel Morrisville
- Staybridge Suites Morrisville