“Favorite hotel”

Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels. If you get a suite with a living room, kitchen, and bedroom, there is a ton of space. Free dinner and booze 3 nights a week is very handy. They also have free breakfast. All the rooms have kitchens and full size refrigerators. I bought groceries and cooked in almost every day i was there for eight days. Very friendly staff and clean rooms. There is a Hooters within walking distance which is great for this time of year with football going on.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tyler H
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Tyler H,

Thank you for writing about your experience at our Staybridge Suites - we're delighted to hear we're one of your favorites! It's also great to hear you enjoyed all the amenities we offer in our suites. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel worked well for me for a few days, but it would also be perfect for a long business stay. The room was quite large, and had a kitchenette with fridge, large microwave, 2 burner stove top, dishes etc. There is a sofa, and one comfortable chair for the larrger desk (there is also a smaller desk as well, but no dining table). Bed was excellent. Washroom had the 2 sinks and mirror outside the door to the shower/toilet room. Everything was clean and in good shape, and felt fresh. There is one elevator that is quite roomy and didn't seem to take too long to arrive (although I usually used the stair which are clean and wide)..

Finding it is a challenge the first time - it is tucked in behind the Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton Inn - you turn in between those 2 hotels and go to the back. Signage is small and hard to see, particularly at night. Coming from the airport rental car area you get on Airport Blvd and follow the sign to 40 East (it looks like a ramp, but isn't). After crossing over the highway, you will see the Holiday Inn on your left.

The desk staff were great - I got a lot of help with maps etc from Anthony. Breakfast was one of the better ones I've had, and Chenise who managed it was also quite helpful getting ice for us to soothe an injury. The lobby area had 4 televisions, a number of sofas and a number of tables and chairs so that often groups would gather for supper and everyone could see something that they wanted to see. They also have a small "store" with snacks, drinks (including beer) and other essentials.

There were at least 2 soccer teams in the hotel at the time, but I never heard any noise since the rooms seem to be quite solid.

The highway 40 into Raleigh can get backed up at this point in the evening (don't know about the morning), so I'd plan ahead if you are going to into Raleigh or out to Durham. The 540 north was always clear for us, so I don't know if it slows down.

There are a number of restaurants (mainly chain) within walking distance on Airport Blvd, and a good sub place very close (Mike's?) that is beside an Indian Restaurant that looked good as well.

I will go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank steve m
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear steve m,

Thanks for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of your visit at our Staybridge Suites. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer in our suites, as well as that you found our staff very friendly and accommodating. We're grateful for your high ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and i did an overnight stay at the Staybridge en route from London to Miami and can honestly say we made a great choice selecting this hotel.
All the reception staff that we had the pleasure to meet were awesome and could not do enough for us and the hotel manager (Mr Joe Daly) kindly looked after a parcel for us awaiting our collection upon our arrival.Great service by all.
We had a Studio Suite and everything we needed was readily at hand and a large comfortable bed which gave us an excellent nights sleep.For a quick bite we just popped over to the Waffle House which is just a short walk from the hotel.
A great place to stay and if we are in the RDU area again we will not hesitate to stay here again.
Thanks to Mr Daly and his great team.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keefw

Dear keefw,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - I hope you had a fun trip in Miami. We appreciate your kind words for our staff and are glad you had a great stay overall. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during business travel and because it was close to the airport - that was all I needed. I got that and more. Every employee that I came in contact with was happy to help and went above and beyond to make MY stay as comfortable as possible. I emphasize "my", because I truly felt that they took time to understand what my own needs were, and tailored their response as such. I feel that I need to mention Trista in particular. What a kind and welcoming person. She was warm, genuine, and seemed to know what I needed before I did. I'll be back again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Celizabeth3
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Celizabeth3,

Thanks for your review and kind words for our staff. I'm delighted to hear we succeeded in providing a great stay and catering to all of your needs during your visit! We can't wait to see you the next time you're in town; thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed at this Staybridge on 11/1/13 & 11/2/13. We booked through Expedia for $197 total/2 nites. We have no complaints. Check-in was easy, all the staff was courteous. The room was what you'd expect from a mid-priced hotel. Not small, but not huge. Being a suite there is a small kitchen nook with a sink, microwave, refridge & stove. Counter top was granite or a darn good facsimile there of. The beds were pillow-top and comfortable--soft even. The bathroom was fairly small but adequate. Finally, and most importantly, it was was very clean!! The breakfast was good with a decent selection. Really, we found nothing to complain about. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank djmes

Dear djmes,

Thank you for writing about your experience at our Staybridge Suites. I'm happy to read you had a good stay and found us extremely clean, as well as that you enjoyed the amenities we offer. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the RDU area! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I had a short one night stay here. The place is super clean and located near the airport. My only complaint is that is located far from the road and thus not easily visible from the road. There are plenty of excellent ethnic restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Dharmithran
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Dharmithran,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay at our property. I'm delighted you had a great stay overall and hope you will be able to visit for longer next time! I will pass your other feedback onto our team as well. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in the RDU area!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Loved our stay here! Bummer was, we only stayed 1 night. We haven't stayed at Staybridge much, but I am going to start looking for them more often now. The room was wonderful, had a living room with full kitchen & separate bed area. Very spacious room. I like that the toilet & sink/mirror area were separate. The only semi-complaint is, there are no ice machines. They have icemakers in the freezers in the rooms that you need to turn on in order to have ice, but for our 1 night stay that wasn't helpful. The front desk was nice enough to offer a bag of ice to hold us over, which was perfect. Really liked our stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear KCowanAZ,

Thanks for your review and I'm delighted you had a great Staybridge experience! We're glad you enjoyed our suite features and amenities so much. I do apologize regarding an ice machine, but am happy our staff was able to easily resolve the matter to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your comments and high ratings and we look forward to seeing you in the future!