We recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Morrisville on Airport Drive, not far from RDU airport, and quite close to Cary. Its location worked out well for an easy drive to several farm stops on the Eastern Triangle Farm Tour, and to Chatham Hill Winery.
As others have mentioned, it's a little tricky to find, since it's nestled back behind a Hampton Inn and another hotel (Holiday Inn Express, maybe?) near to a Waffle House.
We've always liked the Staybridge concept (including free laundry facilities) and a fully stocked full kitchen, including full-size fridge with freezer, dishwasher, cooktop, and microwave. So you get the kitchen sink thrown in too, set against nice granite countertops.
Our first assigned room had a bit of an off-smell to it, so we asked for and received a room change immediately, with no issues. We had a one-bedroom, 2 double-bed suite, which included a full living room. Front desk staff was helpful.
A definite plus was the location of the bathroom sink and vanity outside of the shower/bath and toilet area, similar to a Residence Inn styled-bath.
The pillow-topped mattresses on the beds were so comfortable it was difficult to climb out of them for breakfast. The complimentary full breakfast was good, including scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, sausage/bacon, waffle maker, fresh strawberries (delicious), other fresh fruit, and plenty of bakery items/toast with every imaginable condiment, including peanut butter packets and honey. My daughter enjoyed the "real" oatmeal (vs. instant packets) along with raisins, brown sugar and walnuts.
A nice feature to this breakfast bar was that carry-out bags were provided for those on the go, and easy-to-take-out items like wrapped bagels and small juice cans (pineapple, V-8, etc) were available....something not always seen at other hotels.
The breakfast room featured a two-sided fireplace, which would be welcoming during the late fall or winter. Right off the breakfast area was a cozy "den", great for watching TV on the big screen or enjoying some provided board games. USA Today newspapers were available in the lobby.
There was a nice basketball court (along with volleyball net) and it looks like the hotel is constructing a pergola in the recreation area. Nice outdoor seating as well.
Sound insulation was pretty good, considering it poured 4.5 inches of rain the night we stayed but we slept though it all. Didn't hear any planes until the next morning.
Would definitely stay here (or at any Staybridge, part of the IHG family) again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the Staybridge Suites Raleigh Durham Airport your home away from home. The Staybridge Suites RDU offers apartment-like suites featuring free wired and wireless internet access, fully equipped kitchens and all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term needs. All hotel guests can take advantage of our complimentary breakfast, Sundowner receptions, 24-hour Business Center,Guest Library, Outdoor Fireplace & Seating, Basketball Court, Fitness Center, and the Bridgemart Convenience Store. Our location adjacent to to the Raleigh Durham International Airport offers convenient access to Downtown Raleigh, RBC Center, NC State Fairgrounds, I-440, I-40, I-540, Highway 64 and the Raleigh Durham International (RDU) Airport. Staybridge is only minutes from great Universities like Duke University, North Carolina State University, & UNC Chapel Hill. We are also a great location near major corporations like John Deere, Lenovo, IBM, GlaxoSmithKline, Tekelec, Nortel, & Network Appliance. We offer complimentary transportation to companies with a five-mile radius of the hotel. Staybridge Suites RDU 'Stay Awhile' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport Hotel Morrisville
- Staybridge Suites Morrisville