“Everything AND the kitchen sink!”

Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
NC
“Everything AND the kitchen sink!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Morrisville on Airport Drive, not far from RDU airport, and quite close to Cary. Its location worked out well for an easy drive to several farm stops on the Eastern Triangle Farm Tour, and to Chatham Hill Winery.

As others have mentioned, it's a little tricky to find, since it's nestled back behind a Hampton Inn and another hotel (Holiday Inn Express, maybe?) near to a Waffle House.

We've always liked the Staybridge concept (including free laundry facilities) and a fully stocked full kitchen, including full-size fridge with freezer, dishwasher, cooktop, and microwave. So you get the kitchen sink thrown in too, set against nice granite countertops.

Our first assigned room had a bit of an off-smell to it, so we asked for and received a room change immediately, with no issues. We had a one-bedroom, 2 double-bed suite, which included a full living room. Front desk staff was helpful.

A definite plus was the location of the bathroom sink and vanity outside of the shower/bath and toilet area, similar to a Residence Inn styled-bath.

The pillow-topped mattresses on the beds were so comfortable it was difficult to climb out of them for breakfast. The complimentary full breakfast was good, including scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, sausage/bacon, waffle maker, fresh strawberries (delicious), other fresh fruit, and plenty of bakery items/toast with every imaginable condiment, including peanut butter packets and honey. My daughter enjoyed the "real" oatmeal (vs. instant packets) along with raisins, brown sugar and walnuts.

A nice feature to this breakfast bar was that carry-out bags were provided for those on the go, and easy-to-take-out items like wrapped bagels and small juice cans (pineapple, V-8, etc) were available....something not always seen at other hotels.

The breakfast room featured a two-sided fireplace, which would be welcoming during the late fall or winter. Right off the breakfast area was a cozy "den", great for watching TV on the big screen or enjoying some provided board games. USA Today newspapers were available in the lobby.

There was a nice basketball court (along with volleyball net) and it looks like the hotel is constructing a pergola in the recreation area. Nice outdoor seating as well.

Sound insulation was pretty good, considering it poured 4.5 inches of rain the night we stayed but we slept though it all. Didn't hear any planes until the next morning.

Would definitely stay here (or at any Staybridge, part of the IHG family) again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear SpringdaleGirl,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review and I'm very happy to read you enjoyed your visit so much and had a comfortable, quiet stay even though the weather was a bit messy while you were here. It's also great to hear our location was convenient for your needs and I hope you had fun touring the area! We appreciate your high ratings and recommendation and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town. Thanks again for your comments!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Whitman, Mass
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here one night in July on a 5 day trip down south. We are happy to report back that this was a typical Staybridge Suites, which is a plus. Friendly staff, clean rooms, good value. I've honestly never had a bad stay at any Staybridge Suites, and I did learn my lesson by staying elsewhere in August when I COULD have choose Satybridge (and it would have been THIS Staybridge!) shame on me!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear snoopydoo,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel; I'm glad to read we lived up to your Staybridge expectations and that you had a great stopover! I hope you enjoyed your trip through the South as well. We're grateful for your high ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area! Thanks again for your comments.

St. Catharines
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel every time I've visited Raleigh on business (a couple times / year past 3-4 years), and continue to be happy with this hotel.

The staff are friendly, the lobby and rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The suites are especially nice if you're staying for more than a few days as there is lots of room to spread out and chill.

The breakfast has good variety for a continental, and the evening manager's reception is great for a cold beer at the end of the day before dinner. They do not have a pool, but their sister property does and its available for use. It is clean and there were no problems asking to use it.

Only tip - be sure to book a non-smoking room. They do still have smoking rooms,and I accidentally forgot this last stay. They did not have NS room they could move me too, but they did bring up a air cleaner. It helped, but unfortunately, it couldn't rid the big room of the smell and when I left my clothing and belongings did have a slight smell of stale smoke.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for non-smoking if you don't like the smell of stale smoke.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear SavvyHomegirl,

Thanks for leaving such a comprehensive review of your stays with us & we appreciate your business when you're in the area! I'm glad to read that your stays are always clean and comfortable and that you enjoy our complimentary breakfast & manager's receptions. I do apologize that non-smoking rooms were unavailable during your most recent visit, but am glad to hear that our staff did try to help ameliorate it a bit. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!

DC
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This "suites hotel" is really convenient if you have meetings in Morrisville/RTP and are flying in/out of the airport. The staff at this hotel are outstanding in their helpfulness, friendliness, and courtesy. They go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. The breakfast is one of the best that I have seen at a reasonably priced hotel in a long time. For extended stays, laundry is free to guests, which can be a big plus if you are away from home for awhile. As for the very few, minor hotel shortcomings.... as others have suggested, it is difficult to find as it sits behind two other hotels. It is not really close to a shopping center where one can buy groceries. Finally, a queen studio suite can be misleading as the beds are double sized and not King size. This can make for a small bed if you are accustomed to a queen or larger. Other than these minor issues (which are not really problems), this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Unless you ask for a KING bed, you will likely end up with a double bed. I recommend asking for a K...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear 12345Dc,

Thanks so much for your review and we're indeed a great option for business travelers coming into the area around Research Triangle Park. I'm pleased to hear you enjoy us very much overall and appreciate your kind words for our staff. We're also glad our complimentary breakfast has been a great option for you. Thank you for your other feedback as well, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Anytown, USA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have stayed at several Staybridge properties and this one compares with the better ones. The property is conveniently located off I 40, close to the RDU Airport.

Rooms are newly refurbished and the front desk staff is friendly. Evening social hours have good offerings, especially if you want to skip a dinner outing. Comp breakfast is equally good.

Recommend checking it out if you happen to be in the area for at least a few nights and need a room with kitchenette

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank M B
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear M B,

We appreciate your review and are happy that we've been one of your favorite Staybridge experiences! I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed our refreshed look and that you could take advantage of our Sundowner Receptions. Thanks for your recommendation and we can't wait to see you again!

Southern Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had AAA book for me and after a little bit of trouble finding it, (it is behind two other motels) I was welcomed to a very nice room and breakfast the next day was quite good, better than the average. I was able to leave my car there while on my trip to CA. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear HJF651,

Thank you for reviewing our Staybridge Suites. We're delighted to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our breakfast so much, as well as that you could take advantage of our park and fly! We look forward to seeing you the next time you fly out of RDU. Thanks again for your review!

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here while on Business Trip, it was wonderful, the rooms were in good condition, the staff very helpful. The morning breakfast spread were good, I also could get a drop to office everyday with prior booking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Apt-Morrisville, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Krishnan P,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and could take advantage of our local area shuttle to your business. We're also glad to hear you found our staff helpful and that you had a comfortable stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another visit soon!