“Excellent”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I found the cleanliness of this hotel outstanding. However what stands out and puts them above the norm is the excellent service. From the reservation to the check in, the stay itself and the check out. I spoke to Lexie when I called to make my reservation. She had a smile in her voice that I found very sincere. She asked all the right questions and was very informative. When I checked in about 8:30 pm she was very busy. I was behind 3 other guest and the phones were ringing back to back, however the manner in which she handled the situation was outstanding. She gave new meaning to multi tasking. The guest in front of her and the ones on the phone were given the attention expected and above in my estimation. She was endearing in how she engaged all of us waiting so that you didn't mind the little wait. Kudos to her. During my stay it was obvious the housekeepers didn't speak English, but they however spoke volumes with their smiles. The breakfast in the morning was more than was expected and the attendant (Wendy) was friendly and engaged in conversation with several guest. I was always acknowledged when I passed the front desk. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place of welcoming comfort while traveling in the Raleigh Durham area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Carletta A,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm very happy to read that you found our service outstanding and that your check-in went smoothly even though we were very busy. I'm also glad you enjoyed our breakfast and found us extremely clean. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to the area!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
NY
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Got a GREAT deal on this hotel.....and now we know why! We were on the road from NY to Atlanta for the final four bb game. We choose HIE as our first choice always and this one was a disappointment. Price was right $99 for a King Suite from regular $169. We also had a roll away in the room which barely fit! The roll away mattress was like sleeping on a set of springs!! The "California king" looked nice, but was on a noisy set of springs and made a rusty spring noise every time you moved! The room set up was nice. Separate living space from bedroom with a door. Some HIE are one big room. Bathroom was okay. Overall there are many other choices around this area besides this hotel. Won't go back to this one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear BKFischer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I'd like to apologize for the issues you had with your guest room and will certainly pass your feedback on for discussion. However, I am glad to hear you found the room setup nice and rated our service and location highly. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Again, we are sorry for the inconveniences and hope you will give us another opportunity when you're in the area.

(434) 822-2161
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Close to airport with Oh' Mulligan's Sports Bar and grill less than a mile down the road (on the right) after taking a left out of the parking lot on Airport Blvd. Staff were welcoming and check in was prompt. Average breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear ArmyMom2011,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you found our location convenient and that you found our guest service prompt and friendly. We hope to see you again the next time you're flying from RDU!

United States
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Arrived late in the evening when tired and it was pouring with rain. So the hotel was a welcome port in a storm, and near to the airport. Superb multi-tasking clerk at front desk to welcome us and I'm wondering if HIE has managed to clone perfect in different bodies! Clean comfortable room, everything worked and breakfast was excellent. Nothing wrong with the towels and we turned off the heating as we like a cold room, so no complaints there either.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear TravellerBD,

Thanks for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express. I'm happy that our staff was able to take care all of your needs, especially during such weather! Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area.

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, but my first experience was definitely positive and I will consider stays with the brand in the future.
My colleagues arrived at the hotel in the late afternoon and were greeted by some of the friendliest front desk staff I have ever encountered. Our check-in was quick and painless and before long we were up in our rooms.
While at the front desk I noticed that the hotel had received some awards for cleanliness. From the common areas to the rooms, I did find the hotel to be quite clean and well maintained.
My room was well appointed, the king sized bed had plenty of pillows (a variety of firm and soft, all labeled on the pillow cases). The bed was comfortable and the room was stocked with plenty of towels.
I have two tiny complaints:
1. Because I wasn’t a frequent guest with the chain my free internet access required Ethernet (a cable plugged into my computer). This meant that I had to sit at the desk to do my work.
2. The chair at the desk was low compared to the top of the desk. It was a bit uncomfortable, in that chair I looked like a little kid sitting at the adult dinner table.
If I had it to do all over again or if I would’ve stayed more than one night I probably would’ve signed up for the guest rewards program or paid whatever fee I needed to pay to get wifi.
Other than those two small inconveniences, my stay was quite pleasant. I don’t want to belabor those two issues because I would totally stay in this hotel again if I’m in the area. It was fairly inexpensive, quiet, comfortable and, really, cleanliness goes a long way with me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear mamie222,

We appreciate you trying out Holiday Inn Express and are really pleased to hear your first experience went well! I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and guest service and found everything clean. We will also discuss your other feedback as we aim to provide the best experience we can for all of our guests. Thank you for the review and we look forward to your next stay!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Alright, this review is going to sound harsh and you'll probably have a fine stay at this property. Sadly I'd say this particular HIE fails to compete with other HIE experiences I've had recently. The staff are plenty friendly, the breakfast well stocked and the cable channels plenty.

The climate control however wasn't so great. I know I've been in some HIE properties that have wall mounted thermostats. Not so at this one. Unfortunately they decided not to purchase the heating units with variable on/off so you get to hear a fan all night long OR be cold in the morning. I honestly did not know they made these hotel-style wall unit HVAC units without an thermostatically controlled fan.

The only other ding I'd give this property has to do with the sandpaper...I mean towels. Low quality towels washed way past their prime. It was almost painful to dry off the first day but I got smarter and chose the "fluffiest" towel each of the following days.

Housekeeping was well done and the room quite clean. Would have been nice to have a door on the "closet" to my clothing. For some reason when I see the "closet" just out in the open I always think motel.

I did hear planes go by every once in a while but it seemed as if the hotel is not on the main flight path for the airport. The location is very close to the airport and there are some restaurants nearby; even within walking distance.

As I said in the first paragraph this review probably seems harsh. No problems other than constant fan noise and scratchy towels is probably nothing to complain about but when compared to other HIE properties I must say I was let down.

Room Tip: The ice machines are located by the elevators in a little alcove. If you request a room away from t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear griff72,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express and your feedback regarding the climate control; I'm so sorry that we weren't able to meet your expectations and we will certainly discuss your feedback as we attempt to provide the best experience for our guests that we can. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. However, I am pleased that you enjoyed many of the other accommodations we provide and hope that you will consider giving us another chance the next time you are in the area. Thanks again for your review.

(434) 822-2161
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and have been very pleased. The staff is wonderful. Lexie George, Shannon O'Donahue, and Monica Greene were there to greet us when we walked in the door. They all had big smiles on their faces.They suggested a 4:00 wake-up call and a 5:00 van to the airport, since we had an early flight. There will be hot coffee in the morning and we could grab some yogurt or fruit before we left. Rosalind, who takes care of the breakfast while you are there couldn't have been more hospitable.The manager, Aftab Khan was so helpful on our previous trip, We are leaving our car there for a week without a charge and since we have a late flight we will spend the night. The room is very clean and comfortable with Internet connection. So if you are traveling from Raleigh this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and the second floor. The hotel has these really easy to push carts to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Phyllis W,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and choosing to stay with us again! I'm really glad to read you found our staff so friendly and helpful and that you were able to park & fly with us out of RDU airport. I will pass your kind words on to our GM so he can recognize the staff's great work. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!