“AWESOME,GREAT and the STAFF and SERVICE our a TEN +++”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
New York City, New York
“AWESOME,GREAT and the STAFF and SERVICE our a TEN +++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton RDU for a few days,
Our grandson’s baseball games were scheduled near the hotel and we came to support him.
We arrived Friday evening and the young lady (Ellen) at the front desk was wonderful and so friendly. She assisted us in a restaurant selection, set us up with their shuttle service,explained
all the attributes of the hotel and went out of her way to make sure our stay was great. Also, Greg was so interesting and knew so much about the area. We truly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this location to others. We travel all the time and it is hard to find this kind of "Hospitality"

Room Tip: The king rooms have lots of space and our very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank laniercatering6
ehoxit, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Wow! Now that is a great review. Thank you so much for taking the time to enter your experience on TripAdvisor. I want you to know that we have acknowledged Ellen for her superior customer support and I know she would want to thank you for your input as well. What especially made this review so special was your reference to "hospitality" as that is our #1 objective. Honest, uncomplicated comfort is the Four Points by Sheraton core value and we strive to provide that to every guest so it is so rewarding when we can say that we have hit our goal.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and please keep us in mind for all of your future traveling needs. We hope you have a great day!

Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

They dot the nondescript landscapes surrounding airports and the outskirts of cities across the nation -- travelers' hotels. While they've come a long way since the days of Howard Johnson's and the Bates Motel, the "value hotels" have a certain vanilla sameness, a place to hopefully find a restful night of sleep, coffee, muffins and cereal in plastic and styrofoam the morning after, and a quick getaway back onto the interstate highways to the next sales call. The Four Points by Sheraton near Raleigh-Durham International was a cut above the typical value hotel experience. From the outside, it's an inviting modern building towering above typical interstate highway neighbors, Bojangle's chicken and Hooter's. The lobby is pristine, with a real bar, comfortable seating and a flat panel TV. The rooms are well appointed. The beds are firm. The bathrooms are as close to chic as you'll ever get for $150 a night, featuring a smart touch -- towels stored in colorful red baskets in the console beneath the sink.
What I particularly appreciated was a letter awaiting me from front office manager Freeman Jackson. The letter welcomed me and pledged "the highest level of professional service". I can report that this was delivered across the board, with the only disappointment being the quality of the food served during the buffet breakfast. No fresh fruit other than apples. Sugary cereals. Nonetheless, I appreciated the china and silverware, replacing the anticipated paper and plastic.
Every employee was pleasant and upbeat. Imagine staying in a chain hotel where the staff interacts with guests on a personal level? It was reality at the Four Points-RDU. I had the feeling that I could have been staying at a bed-and-breakfast. With a Hooter's next door.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ConservativeSoldier
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hi ConservativeSoldier,

Thank you for providing an upbeat and detailed review about your trip! We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay at Four Points. It is always a good feeling to hear from our guests that they enjoyed our rooms, beds, lobby and bar. We try our best to provide a great value and make each traveler feel welcomed. We are glad that the note from Freeman Jackson, as well as the rest of the staff, made you feel attended to on a personal level. At the same time, we are sorry that our food did not meet your expectations. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback – we look forward to seeing you next time you’re passing through town!
Crossville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just got back from Raleigh-Durham we chose to stay here because my husband stays at a Four Points when he is in Houston and likes it . We had a change of room configuration and the desk clerk was very helpful and efficient. She altered our reservations to fit our needs. The rooms are very clean. The hallways not so much, but light carpeting is probably a poor choice for high traffic areas. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel. The buffet is $9 and looked like it offered less options than a free breakfast at some of the other hotels (that offer free breakfasts). The shower had fantastic pressure! The wall dispensers in the shower area are very convenient. Much better than chasing little bars of soap and little bottles of shampoo around the bath. The room air conditioner was rather loud, but the floors and ceilings are made of some sort of flexi-core material so at least there is no overhead noise. I probably would not stay there again only because the cost is higher than other hotels in the area that offer the same accommodations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Basiajedna
Hello and thank you for your review of your stay with our hotel. Your feedback is critical to our success. Rest assured that each and every comment and suggestion is taken with the upmost attention and looked into for feasibility. That is the case with your comments pertaining to the hallways and breakfast buffet and you are right that a light carpet does become challenging but we do take every effort to keep our standards at the highest of levels.

We do hope that you will take a moment on your next travel to consider us as an option and we will make every effort to impress you.

Once again, thank you for your time and we hope your having a great day.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Thank you for the extra care you take to make your guest extra comfortable. The location is nice and quiet and scenic walking areas. would be nice if shuttle had time to take guest to nearby mall, but i understand our entertainment is not a priority. rooms and services offered really excellent, thank you

1 Thank toihayes
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi toihayes,

Thank you for staying at Four Points while passing through Raleigh Durham! We are so happy to hear from a flight attendant that we were able to provide much needed comfort after a long, busy day of flying. Hopefully next time you’re in town you will be able to enjoy our beds, showers and food again!
Denver, Co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Always a good stay, Picked us up at the airport right a way. It was almost midnight , they were there in 10 minutes, Desk clerk very nice had us in a room within 5 minutes. Bar was open but we did not get anything, we did not eat at the Hotel im the morning, our childen picked us up to go to their house

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review us as well as your kind words. It is such a pleasure to hear that your stay was comfortable and uncomplicated. We strive very hard give each guest a stay where it is worth it to write a good review so we are very happy to hear that we achieved our goal with you.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and please keep us in mind for any of your future traveling needs.

Nottingham, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were traveling from Florida going to PA and were exhausted. Because we had stayed at the Four Points in Orlando studio city with great results, we decided to stay here! Great decision!! Clean, comfortable bed, spacious room, fantastic customer service and great location! I recommend this hotel to all travelers!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hi Gags57,

Thank you for your stay and feedback about your trip! We are so happy to hear that you liked our bed, spacious room, customer service and location. We also appreciate your recommendation to future travelers. Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Recent travel to North Carolina brings us to Four Points. We arrived late around mid-night and the hotel shuttle bus just unloaded a group of flight crew to check in. The front desk clerks were efficient and I checked in with ease.My room with a king size bed was spacious. Early morning I was awaken by planes flying overhead. The hotel is closed to the Raleigh Durham airport and every morning I was awaken by the planes. We have complimentary breakfast and it was bad, worse and worst for
my 3 breakfasts at Four Points. The first day there was this breakfast special and it was dry from sitting on the hot water bath. There were sausage patties and they were dry as shoe bottoms! There were fresh fruits on display but the banana has seen better days. Baked goods looked and tastes like store bought. But I was told later they were baked in house. There were also cold cereal and make your own waffle. Second day breakfast got worse, there was one sausage patty and I asked the server if there were more to be brought out. She said she would check and she never came to tell me or brought more out. Third day I asked for fruit cocktail since I got the last one and my wife would like one as well. So I asked the server if there were more. She came back this time ( same server as the day before) and said the kitchen was preparing more. We waited over 15 minutes and none was
brought out! In addition the sever did not refill coffee and we have to ask. Just put the coffee pot out; I can serve myself! The kitchen staff talked loudly behind the bar by the breakfast area. It was not what I would like to hear in the morning. The breakfast buffet would cost $ 9 pet person. You get better breakfast at Holiday Inn express.
I had to print out my boarding pass for my flight on my last night at Fout Ponts. I had problem printing it and went to the front desk for help. The printer needed a password to print and I did not know what the password was. Everton was on duty at the front desk and he was very reluctant to help because the fligh crew was just unloading by the front door and he has to check them in!! Wait! I am at the front desk needed help and am a customer and Everton wanted to check the flight crew in? I understand Four Ponts gets good business from the airlines but what am I? He did come by the computer but could not figure out what the password was. By that time the flight crew was in and he went and helped them check in and I left. Great customer service!
I came back the next morning and encountered similar challenge. I could not even power up the computer to print my boarding pass. Again I went to the front desk and asked for help. Everton was NOT there! Tonia was there and she came over by the computer. She got down on her hands and knees and got the computer power up. Then she offered to print the boarding pass for me from her computer by the front desk. Wow! That's customer service! Tonia turned out to be the general manager !
My room was not vacuumed on a daily basis. There was dirt on the carpet there for three days!
In conclusion this hotel is noisy because of the plane. Breakfast is bad, bad and bad. Service there is none except Tonia. Housekeeping staff needed coaching.
Stay away, far far away and save your money.

1 Thank Travelprn
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hi Travelprn,

Thank you for your stay and your detailed feedback about your trip to our hotel. We are sorry to hear that our breakfast and service did not meet your expectations. Our service and breakfast are both critical to our hotel, and so we are working to address these issues. We always want to deliver a great customer experience to every guest, and realize we did not in this case.

Once again, we appreciate your comments as they help us better host future guests.