“Great find after flight problems came up.”

Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
ontheroadagn7
“Great find after flight problems came up.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was in the area recently and my flight was being delayed later and later. I finally decided to rebook for first thing the next morning so I looked for an airport hotel with a free shuttle. This was my first stay at the RDU Four Points but I think I will be back. Of course I booked the Advance payment rate which was about $30-40 less than comparable hotels.

The real pleasure was when I called the hotel for a shuttle ride and the receptionist asked what terminal I was in. I told her Southwest/AirTran and she haad me hold as the driver was just outside waiting for a flight crew. I jumped in the shuttle (nice to have it right there after all the airline delays I was experiencing...) aand we waited a few minutes for the crew to arrive. When it was clear they were going to be a while, he took me to the hotel and came back for the crew.

I had already checked a bag with all my toiletries so the hotel gave me the basics and had other items for sale. I signed up for the 5 AM shuttle back to the airport and a 4:30 AM wake up call and both went off without a hitch.

Didn't use any of the food/bev outlets there, but as mentioned above you have Bojangles, Hooters, and Cracker Barrel within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ontheroadagn7
ehoxit, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you had flight issues during your time in Raleigh but we are very happy that you choose to stay with us!
Please let us know when you are coming to the area again in the future, we would be happy to take care of your future needs while in the area.
Hope to see you soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last 4 months, both times overnight for business. Everything one has come to expect from a Four Points; clean and spacious room, courteous and accommodating front desk help, and quality on-the-go breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus.

I also like the mini-stores at Four Points where you can easily buy any toiletries, snacks, or consumer medication products.

Highly recommend the Four Points brand. I've been to Four Points in Canada, NYC, North Carolina, and elsewhere and the experience has always been consistent and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Wow- Thanks for such a great review and for your continued loyalty!

We always love to hear from our guests, but it’s even nicer to hear back from repeat guests like you!
We are thrilled that your stays with us have been positive ones and we hope you will continue to stay with Four Points wherever your travels take you.

Also, I am so happy that you have enjoyed our Food & Beverage offerings. Our team works hard every day to make sure our guests are well taken care of. Also, please be aware that at this location, Spinners Bar & Grill is now open for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Late Night dining until 2pm.

Thanks again & we hope to see you again soon!
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice central location, close to airport. Hotel was quiet, clean and modern. Plenty of parking and within walking distance to Bojangles, Hooters. Across the street from Cracker Barrel and close to the Interstate. Front desk staff very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing such a positive review!

We could not be more pleased that your stay with us was a great one and we hope we will see you again soon. Thanks also for mentioning the Front Desk team- we are very fortunate to have such a great team of friendly people working with us.

Please let us know when you will be coming back to the Raleigh Durham area so we can thank you personally for sharing such a nice experience with us.

Thanks again,
morgantown, pa
Reviewed April 1, 2013

From the moment I checked in the attention I received was great. Andrew at the front desk went beyond expectations to help my co-worker and myself with dinner reccomednations and transportation. The only negative would be the breakfast...not worth the money. Bar at night was great for late night drinks. Overall great very good experience and I will be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing such a nice review!

We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was a positive one. Thanks also for taking the time to mention the service you received from Andrew- he is a great young man and it is wonderful to have him on our team and his great guest service recognized by our guests. We will definitely be recognizing and rewarding him for helping to make your stay with us so memorable.

Please let me know when you will be coming back to the Raleigh Durham area, as I would really like to meet you and thank you personally for such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon!

Oakland
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a very functional FourPoints when in the area for business - all the basics are there and well executed. the property however wins for outstanding service. I mentioned to the manager that I had left a credit card at a nearby restaurant while in the shuttle on the way to a meeting, and was visibly stressed with no way to fix the problem until late that night. Of his own initiative he went and retrieved the card and sent me an e-mail which made the whole day much easier... on top of the fact that they have pleasant staff, accommodating shuttle drivers, good food in the restaurant just makes for a huge business hotel winner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks for sharing such a nice experience with us and your fellow travelers!

I am so happy that our team members gave you such great service and that you had such a positive experience here.

We understand that travel can be stressful, especially travelling for work, and we know that sometimes just a little helping hand can go a long way. It was truly our pleasure to serve you.

Please let me know when you will be returning to the Raleigh Durham area so I can thank you personally for sharing such a nice review.

Poipu, Hawaii
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife stayed at this hotel on March 2nd, 2013. The stay was pre-paid with Chase Sapphire points. At check in, my wife was asked for her credit card, which is, of course, customary for any incidental charges. A couple days after check out, I checked our Chase card. This Four Points by Sheraton had double charged us for the room. I wouldn’t have bothered to write a review had their staff been able to reverse the charge after one or two calls. But after the third call and they still couldn’t or wouldn’t reverse the charge, I called my credit card company and filed a disputed charge. Mind you, with both of the first two calls, I was assured that they saw the error and would take care of it right away. They don’t care, they are incompetent or they are crooks. There are plenty of other hotels in the area. If you like paying for the same thing twice and wasting your time on the phone, be sure to check out the Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport.

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels aren't double billed to customers. Helpful tip: choose a different hotel.
1 Thank Matthew K
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I would like offer you my apology for the billing issues you experienced after your wife’s stay here. We did indeed mistakenly charge your credit card, as you stated. Please accept my apology for this mistake and know that I truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I do hope that you can understand that as soon we were made aware of this issue, we had, within minutes, reversed this charge to your card, just as you requested and we said we would.

I can absolutely understand your frustration with the apparent delay in our correction of this error, however, I do hope that you understand that the delay in processing this correction came from your banking organization, and not the hotel. Although they typically only take 24- 48 hours, unfortunately sometimes banks can take up to 14 days to process the release of an electronic authorization or a refund to a cardholder’s account, even after the authorization has been released or the refund processed by the hotel or other merchant.

Having personally experienced a similar situation from the customer's point of view, I do understand the frustration of this sort of delay. I hope that you never need to do so, but should you ever find yourself in a similar situation again, it has been my experience that you can usually get the quickest release of an electonic authoization by directly contacting the bank’s customer service number listed on the back of the credit card and having them contact the hotel to authorize the immediate release of any remaining held funds. This almost always gets the funds released within just a few hours, and can be as short as just a few minutes.

Again, I would like to apologize for our error and the frustration this caused you.
If I may be of service or assistance in any way, I do hope that you will reach out to me personally.

Florence, Alabama
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for 2 nights while on business and was very pleased with my choice. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. They have a nice restaurant/lounge called Spinners which is a good choice if you want to just stay at the property and unwind after a long day of work. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks for such a nice review and for your recommendation!

We are so glad that your stay with us with such a nice one and that our team members made you feel so welcomed. We have a great team here and it is so nice to be able to share this type of feedback with them.
Please let me know when you are returning to the Raleigh Durham area so I can thank you in person for sharing such a positive experience.