“Always great”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
concord,nc,usa
“Always great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here for the first time this year, on Starwood points. Friendly staff, comfy beds, good, free breakfast in the morning(maybe only for SPG members). Free parking. Bar/kitchen open till 2:00 a.m. Always friendly service. They have a great Natty Greene Red Nose beer on tap.
Only negative is the airport noise, early and often.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks for such a nice review!
We are glad that you had a great stay with us!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and one of our local Best Brews in Spinners and that our team members were so friendly and took such good care of you.
I do apologize for the airport noise. While we do not hear about this being an issue for our guests very often, and with our close proximity to the airport, there are days when the noise is more noticeable than others. Again, I apologize for this disturbing an otherwise nice stay.

Thanks again and please reach out to me personally the next time your travels bring you back to the Raleigh Durham area so I can thank you personally for sharing such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon!

Eric Hoxit- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Was in Durham for an event at the DPAC, so my wife and I used a few points to stay at this property for free. It is a nice, clean, and a good location. There are several restaurants in walking distance, as well as, a nice little restaurant and bar within the lobby.

Check in was easy and quick. Recognition of our Platnium status. Overview of the property and amenities available.

Our room was on the top floor. Nice, clean and very quiet.

I am not sure how it would be for a lenghty stay given the limited amenities, but for an overnight stay it is perfect. All the staff is friendly and accomodating. Plenty of onsite, well lit parking.

We will defintely stay again next time we are in the Durham area and need an overnight stop.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lv2CtheWorld
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing such a nice review!

We are so pleased to hear that your stay with us was a good one and that our team made you feel so welcomed and comfortable here.

Please let me know when you are back in our area so I can thank you personally for sharing such a nice experience.

Thanks again,
Baltimore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our group had booked a block of 12 rooms, had received a signed contract over a month ago and we found out this week that the hotel overbooked and cancelled our block. They accommodated us by finding rooms in a nearby hotel. Completely ridiculous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank David F
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Regarding the situation with this guest, unfortunately we found ourselves in a difficult situation where our hotel was oversold due to multiple group bookings for the same dates. I had to make the difficult decision to relocate some guests. Regrettably, this guest’s group was the best candidate for relocation due to the relatively small size of the group (11 rooms) and since they had sleeping rooms only and no meetings or banquets planned here at the hotel, any disruption to their plans would be relatively minimal.

When it became clear during the week prior to his group’s stay that none of the groups who were booked with us were going to be dropping any excess rooms that they had blocked with us, as we would expect for most groups, and we were going to have to relocate a group, I did my very best to be proactive in resolving the situation and personally reached to out notify the guest with as much advance notice as I could. I personally contacted one of our neighboring hotels, and was able to arrange with the General Manager to have the group stay with them. The new hotel agreed to accept the same rate and include breakfast for the guest’s group as well as accommodate transportation to and from the airport and their office. The hotel itself is a quality product and is rated very well among guests on TripAdvisor. I have personally toured their property on at least three occasions and have found it to be very comparable in quality.

After our having reached out to him the week prior to his group’s scheduled arrival and having done everything within reason to make this unexpected change as smooth as possible, I know that we did our very best to make a tough situation for this group into as positive an experience as possible. It is always regrettable when any of our guests is less than completely satisfied for any reason, but I know that we did the very best we could for him.

I have spoken and corresponded with this guest and in an effort to show that we truly do regret this situation we have offered him compensation in the form of credits to use toward future nights at other Starwood hotels, as he had requested. The guest did accept this compensation and stated to us that he was satisfied with this resolution to the matter.

Here at the Four Points By Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport we do our very best to avoid being in this type of situation for just this reason. We do everything we can, day in and day out, to make our guests happy and want to come back to see us, not be upset or disappointed before they have even arrived. Our core values are honest, uncomplicated comfort and we believe in doing everything we can to make our guests’ stay with us a pleasant and comfortable as possible. A situation like this is a very rare occurrence here and we will continue to do everything we can to earn our guests’ loyalty and goodwill.

Eric Hoxit
Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Horrible Situation!!!
They cancelled our group contract and reservations at the last minute!!!

We have a contract for 11 guests signed over 3 months ago.
They called me Friday afternoon to break our contract when we are checking in this Tuesday (2 Business days prior). They just pushed us into a hotel I have never heard of before. I pleaded with their manager Eric to honor their agreement contract.
This might be a great hotel, but they do not honor their own reservations or contracts!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PulmDoc
Thank you for sharing your review and experience with us.
I would like to apologize again for this incident and for any difficulty it may have caused you or your guests.

As I stated in another response regarding this same group incident, I have spoken and corresponded directly with guest and we were able to resolve this very unfortunate and uncommon situation to the guest’s satisfaction.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My room was very clean - I really appreciate that in a hotel room. The bar/restaurant are open until 2 am which is great if you want a glass of wine after you get in from a late flight. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is 1.4 miles from the airport and very easy to get to. Overall, no bad things to say about this hotel and if I need a business hotel in Raleigh in the future, this will be my pick.

Room Tip: They made a great turkey sausage / mushroom egg white omelete for me - loved it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for such a nice review!
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We know how important a clean hotel and healthy dining options are for travelers and our team works hard every day to make sure that the hotel is in tip-top shape and we have healthy options for our guests. I am so happy that you enjoyed the egg white omelet, and if I might suggest for your next visit, we have added a quiche to our Breakfast Buffet made with egg whites and fresh veggies. It’s really good!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

One of the best things about the Four Points in Mville is that it is relatively new and clean. I can't stress how important cleanliness is for hotels. From its opening, I have always liked the Four Points because it is also convenient to/from airport and to my business stops in the area.

The staff is friendly, and attentive.

The dining area is rather small, but the few times I have eaten there, I did not have a problem finding a table.

Good enough bar at the dining area for grabbing a beer after work.

Of the hotels in the Morrisville area, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I could not agree more about the importance of cleanliness for a hotel and it is always a top priority for us here. Fortunately, we have a top-notch Housekeeping Team who do a great job of keeping our hotel as spotless as possible. Thank you for recognizing their hard work!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

My family and I had the occassion to stay at this hotel for approximately 3 weeks recently while our house was being worked on. We were skeptical of what kind of experience we would have because we had never stayed in a four points hotel before and had never stayed in a hotel for this length of time. We could not have been more pleased. The hotel staff was as good if not better than the staffs of most of the 5 star/diamond hotels that I stay at for business trips. Morning, noon and night they were prompt, courteous and professional and accomodated even my craziest requests. Each of the hotel staff greeted me and my wife by name upon entering and leaving the hotel and always asked if there was anything else that they could do to make our stay more comfortable.

The rooms and amenities were far superior to those at similar competitor hotels featuring a fitness facility and heated indoor pool (which was great since it was about 25-35 degrees outside during our stay) , which was a huge hit with the kids and gave mom some much needed quiet alone time which was at a premium due to being in a hotel for three weeks. The HOT breakfast buffet was awesome and provided a great start to the day before running the kids to school. A pleasant surprise was that this hotel even offered room service and the food was really good and a great value as well.

I could not recommend this hotel more highly and think that it is a hidden gem and great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you for sharing such a nice review!

It was truly our pleasure to serve you and your family. One of the best parts of being in this business is getting to meet so many nice people and you and your family were some of the nicest! Our entire team genuinely enjoyed having you all with us and we hope that we will get to see you again.

Please let me know if there is ever any way we may be of service to you.

Thanks again,