“Four Points = Excellent service, catering to the needs of the guests” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport

Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Hacienda Heights, California
“Four Points = Excellent service, catering to the needs of the guests”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Coming from Los Angeles, I was a bit surprised that things close down at either 1200 a.m. or 100 a.m. around RDU. With my flight being late (landed at 106 a.m.), I was quite frustrated that I could not get hold of anyone at car rental, no hotel shuttle. SO when I took taxi to Four Points, the staff (Everton) was professional, empathetic, warm, with a personal touch which helped to reduce my frustration, I got a portion of my taxi fare reimbursed (which I did not know, a sweet surprise). The check in process was smooth.

The following day I planned to take hotel shuttle to airport, then car rental shuttle to pick up my rental car. As I was inquiring about the shuttle schedule, the staff (Chris) was very nice and brought me to airport car rental. No, I did not make such a request, he offered to bring me to car rental.

Excellent service to cater to the guests' needs and to make guests feel good are the name of Four Points. Salute to the staff at Four Points.

Room Tip: I did not choose my room, it is good/super, excellent...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank YJC0807
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Wow! Thanks for such a great review!

We are thrilled to hear that the service that you received from Everton and Chris made such a nice impression. They are both great guys and their efforts will definitely be recognized.

Thanks again and please reach out to me personally the next time your travels bring you back to the Raleigh Durham area so I can thank you personally for sharing such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon!

Eric Hoxit- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Diego CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Convenient - not.   I booked in here to catch an early flight out of RDU after turning in my car the night before because they offered a shuttle.  Problem is - the shuttle only runs when you do not need it.  It stops at 10 pm and does not start again until 7.  I turned in my Hertz car and took Hertz shuttle to airport to catch $10 cab to hotel.  The front desk graciously arranged (and paid for) an early am taxi which was nice.  I do not know if that is standard procedure or not.  The room was nice but noisy.  The air conditioner was quite loud and there is some sort of bathroom vent fan that runs all the time that cannot be shut off.  I put on some noise canceling headphones and I was fine but what a pain.  I did not stay long enough to try the breakfast.  The staff was friendly and good natured.  As a side note, I noticed the Courtyard shuttle picking someone up at Hertz at 1110pm so if you need a shuttle option, that may be better way to go.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thanks for sharing your review.

I am very glad to hear that our team members were so friendly and that they took care of your cab service to the airport, but I would like to apologize that our Shuttle Service did not meet your needs.

I am not sure if you received the correct information about our hours of operation, though. Our shuttle runs from 4:30am until midnight on weekdays and from 6:00am until midnight on weekends. The hours you noted in your review are the same as another Four Points location in the area, so I apologize if there was confusion about this. We will make a bigger effort to make sure this information is more easily available to our guests. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Thank you again, and please feel free to reach out me personally the next time you are in the Raleigh Durham area or if there is ever a way we can make your stay with us more comfortable.

Thanks again,
Wantage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel when in transit at RDU. Rooms are nice and clean, spacious and quiet.
The small gym is well equipped and there is a small pool available too.
The bar menu is limited but there are a few restaurants a short drive away.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for sharing such a nice review!

We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was a good one and we really appreciate you letting us and fellow travelers know!

Thanks again,
mYRTLE bEACH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This has become our favorite RDU airport hotel which we travel out 5-6 times a year. Drop the car, check-in , go to a very spacious and clean KING bedroom, then down to the little bar and restaurant for snacks and a nightcap. Very friendly wait staff/ front desk staff and good prices. Morning wake call, a little breakfast bar, then delivery to the airport, bags and all. Depending on our return time we'll even spend another nite! Erik(manager) you should be proud of what you and your staff have done! Don't change a thing!

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevators and stairwells.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Wow! Thank you for sharing such a great review!

We are so happy to hear that we have become your favorite hotel at the Raleigh Durham Airport!

I am very fortunate to have such a great team to work with here and we all do our very best every day to make each of our guests feel welcomed and appreciated. It is so nice for us to hear that your stays with us have been such positive ones and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty. It really is our pleasure to serve such nice guests.

If you wouldn’t mind, please ask for me personally the next time you come to visit us so I can thank you in person for both your loyalty and for sharing such a nice review.

Maui, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed one night at the Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I called the hotel after dropping off my rental car and they sent a shuttle to the rental car place. What a unexpected surprise! The font desk staff was very friendly and efficient. I received a chip upon check in that entitled me to a free appetizer in the lounge. The food in the lounge was good, although the bartender very slow/forgetful. He appeared to be spread thin as he was required to tend bar, take food orders at all tables in the lounge area and deliverer room service,
The room was large and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had a shower only but great water pressure. Took some time though for hot water to reach the room but when it did, it was plentiful. Check out was smooth and the shuttle driver to the airport was very friendly.

Room Tip: Had a room at the end of the hallway, furthest from the elevators and it was very quiet. Did not he...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive review!

We are so glad that your stay with us overall was a good one.

I would also like to thank you for letting us know that the service in our lounge was slow during your visit and apologize that it did not meet your expectations. We do our very best to try to balance staffing and the expected business levels to always offer the best service possible, but sometimes we do get busier than we expected to be. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the food, though. Again, I apologize that the level of service in our lounge was a disappointment.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and fellow travelers and we hope to see you again soon!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the first time I did not have to actually ask for a "walk-in shower.
Beind disabled I am loath to ask for an accessible shower-which is necessary for me- but I don't feel the major hotel chains share this need to have walk in showers.

Also...
Excellent Mico brewery selection in the lounge, including "Old Town," a dark brew.
Good breakfast for $6

Room Tip: 215 for walk in shower
1 Thank tobes303
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thanks for sharing such a positive review!

We really appreciate hearing from you about your stay and are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and our Best Brew selections at Spinner’s Bar & Grille and that our Front Desk team was so helpful to you.

Regarding the walk-in showers, I am so glad to know that your needs were met without having to ask. Also, to let other travelers know, all of our Traditional King Rooms (rooms with one king size bed) are equipped with walk-in shower stalls. Our Traditional Queen-Queen Rooms (rooms that have two queen size beds) have the more typical shower-tubs.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I can't really find anything negative to say about this hotel. It was clean and appeared to be fairly new. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The gym was acceptable per small hotel standards. The craft beer selection at the bar was vast and local. The food was even good from the restaurant. This hotel is definitely worth a stay on a business trip.

1 Thank TheWanderingGourmand
Thank you for sharing such a great review!

We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us was good one. I am especially happy that you enjoyed the food and beer selections at our bar, Spinner’s. Our Food & Beverage team takes a lot of pride in giving our guests a great meal in a friendly and relaxed place.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!