“Great place to stay while travelling!”

Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Vinton, Virginia
“Great place to stay while travelling!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family has stayed at this hotel three times in the past year and a half and it is our "go to" hotel for the entire Raleigh Durham area. The hotel always appears and smells brand new. As others have said, the rooms are large, comfortable, clean, and quiet. Service has always been friendly and fast, and there are several family-friendly restaurants within a half mile of the hotel (some within walking distance). We will definitely be staying at this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing such a nice review!

We always love hearing from our guests after their stays, especially from guests who have stayed with us multiple times like you! We are all so glad that you and your family have enjoyed your times with us and we hope that you will be back to see us again soon.

The next time you are coming to the area, please reach out to me personally so that I can thank you for your continued loyalty.

Eric Hoxit- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed July 23, 2012

From the moment we walked in, this hotel surpassed our expectations. It even smelled great! The rooms are large, comfortable, and clean. Service is excellent. While this is a Four Points, it's overall presentation, cleanliness and service puts it in the upper tier of all Starwood properties I have stayed in including Westins and Ws. It's not quite as modern or edgy as either the Westin or W, but for a Four Points, it rocks! Lots of restaurants around the hotel, plenty of shopping if you have a car, and a gas station down the street that sells fried gizzards and livers! How does it get any better than that in Morrisville, NC? All this can be yours for around $100 a night, a fantastic deal on the Price/Quality scale, in my opinion!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JoseVargas100
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Wow! What a nice review- Thanks!

We are so happy that you had a great stay with us and that our hotel exceeded your expectations!

I am very fortunate to have such a great team of people to work with here and we all do our best each day to make sure that all of guests have the best experience with us that we can possibly give them. It is so nice to get such kind words of encouragement to share with our team.

Thanks again for sharing such a great review and please let me know if you will be returning to the Raleigh-Durham area so I can thank you personally and show you how much your review means to us.

Thanks,
Noida, India
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel is a class act! For a stranger to the city, the Airport pickup was very friendly, the drive to the hotel was short, the hotel staff at the reception was super-friendly, and the room was awesome! All this at a price just in excess of $100!!! What fantastic value for money! I'll certainly be back and don't plan on staying in any other hotel!

Oh, and plenty of places to eat nearby just a short walk away. You don't even need a rental car!

Room Tip: The rooms are all good, and even though I got a rear-facing room, Raleigh is a wonderfully wooded ci...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing such a nice review!

It was our pleasure to serve you and we are all so glad that your visit with us was a good one.
Our entire team works hard to make sure that each of our guests is made to feel welcome and comfortable and we could not be happier that you enjoyed your time here with us.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Raleigh-Durham area.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2012

For what the hotel is - a convenient, efficient, comfortable hotel, the Four Points absolutely nails it. No more than about 1.5 from the airport (even closer to/from rental car lots). Got 2 free breakfast buffet cards at check-in, might have been due to my platinum status. Gym is decent sized and both times I worked out there, there wasn't a single person around. Only problem was they were completely out of water in the gym, which was a bummer. They have an indoor pool, but it's a really small square shaped one. This hotel definitely gets it done for what it is, just hope they can continue to stay in business as they 3 times we have been here they haven't been at more than 15% occupancy. Also, the tvs are a bit small in the room, but the large showers make up for it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lilroy0
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thanks such a positive review!

We are all so glad to hear that your stays with us here at the Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport have been good ones and we really appreciate you letting us know about them. We are also glad to hear that as an SPG Platinum Member, you are receiving the Complimentary Breakfast coupons at check. It’s our way of thanking SPG Platinum Members for their continued loyalty.

Also, I would like to thank you for letting us know about the issue with the water being empty in the Fitness Center and apologize for it. We will definitely be sure to keep a closer eye on that from now on.

I would also like to assure you that we are here to stay. Even though there are some nights when we are not very busy, because of our location we tend to be busiest during the middle of the week (Monday through Thursday) and are 100% full at least a few weeks every month.

Again, we are so pleased that you have had such good stays with us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Raleigh-Durham area. If there is ever any way that I, or any member of our team can make your stay with us more comfortable, please feel free to reach out to me personally.

New Windsor, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2012

During my stay at Four Points I found the staff to be very friendly and attentive to my needs. They were able to answer any questions I had regaurding the area, places to visit and transportation. The shuttle runs when you need it. The staff greets their guests with a smile and made my stay pleasant. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Christina F
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Wow! Thank you for sharing such a nice review!

We always love to here from our guests, but it is even nicer when they have such a positive experience to share. I am so glad that you had a great stay with us and that our team members made you feel so welcomed. We have a great group of people here who work very hard to make sure that all of our guests are as comfortable as possible.

MrsWTT
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton in RDU while in town for a training through work. After years of having to use the La Quinta down the room, our company finally upgraded to this nicer hotel up the room. The lobby was a bit smaller than what I expected but the decor and atmosphere was nice and very inviting. The room was great - clean, comfy beds, and nice bathroom! I slept very well and hardly heard any noise from the nearby airport. Their FREE wi-fi was quick and gave me no issues! Plenty of parking for those with cars. The gym was very decent with lots of updated workout equipment but the pool was small (3' - 4'). It was nice to have the bar and social area downstairs where you could meet up with co-workers for a drink before heading out to dinner. Breakfast was fair (nothing too exciting) and filled me up. Luckily, our room block came with breakfast, because I don't think that I would've paid the $10 buffet fee. The location is great, being situated near I-40 and very close to RDU airport. There is a Bojangles and Hooters next door (walking distance) but other great restaurants within a mile or two. All-in-all, the hotel met my needs comfortably and the manager, Tonia was very polite and a gem to work with!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MrsWTT
ehoxit, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for your review!

We are so glad that your stay with us was a good one and that the hotel and our amenities met your needs, and I agree, Tonia really is great!

Please reach out to me personally the next time you are returning to the Raleigh-Durham area as I would really like to meet you and thank you personally for such a nice review.

Bloomfield, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was unexpectedly grounded in Raleigh Durham from a flight Tuesday, May 29th that left from New Orleans to Newark, NJ due to the storms related to Beryl. A lot of flights were grounded and diverted that evening and I was fortunate enough to be sent to the Sheraton to stay overnight in order to take a flight home the next morning. After a long day of traveling, I was greeted at midnight by the most accommodating and polite front desk employees ever. My highest regard for both of them. I hope their manager reads these reviews.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank HeidiMac80
Thank you for sharing such a nice experience with your fellow travelers and with us.

I am sorry that your stop here in Raleigh wasn't under better circumstances, but I am glad that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I am very fortunate to have such a great team of people to work with here who really do “get” hospitality. We know how tough travelling can be, especially when things don’t go exactly as planned and we hope that even on a difficult trip, or an unexpected layover, your stay with us can be a restful and relaxing break and we do our very best to make sure that each of our guests are welcomed and made to feel at home, no matter how early or late they arrive.

And I really do read these reviews and will be recognizing the team members who greeted you for making such a positive impression. Thanks for taking the time to recognize their friendly service.

Thanks again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again whenever you return to the Raleigh-Durham area.