“Modern & Upscale Stay”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Modern & Upscale Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I took a trip to The Hyatt House in Morrisville around New Years and had a great stay. They had granite counter tops, an LED flat screen and amazing breakfast. The best part is that its not crowded so you dont have to worry about it being loud. The price at the time was $75 but it jumps around and now I see it for $134. Im going back to Morrisville in a couple of weeks so Im gonna check out the Laquinta INN and Suites because it's only $85 and Im going to be staying for a week. Ill give you an update on that hotel when I get back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jazzy D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times and make it a point to stay here when traveling to the area on business. It beats other hotels in the area hands down. The rooms are very comfortable and modern, they have comfortable beds and good sofa and the kitchenette can come in handy too. The staff are always friendly. The food isn't remarkable but the snacks are a fine complement to business dinners out. I highly recommend stayin here.

• Stayed February 2013
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was my second stay at Hyatt House RDU and once again I left feeling that I would not hesitate to stay there again. The location is good, its only a 10-15 min ride to the airport. When I arrived they checked me in quickly. The hotel is clean and quiet. Everything in the room was in order, and in excellent condition. The room is nicely furnished, with a small kitchenette. There was a large comfortable bed, couch. Heating/cooling worked perfectly.

On the first night I had not eaten dinner, so I order from the menu at the bar. The menu is rather limited, as it is not a full service restaurant, but does offer casual fare. I ordered the spinach salad and tomato soup combo. They accidentally brought me the large salad and soup (rather than the half portions) but only charged me for the smaller size. The salad and soup arrived quickly and both were nicely prepared and tasty.

On the next morning I came downstairs just after 930am and discovered the breakfast had already closed. However the staff was very good about it, they brought back out the cart that had the bagels muffins and pastries and made sure that I would get something to eat. On the second morning of my stay I had the full breakfast. The fruit was delicious. The scrambled eggs ran out and they told me not to worry, they brought the eggs to my table when they were ready.

The only issue I had was connecting to the wireless internet. It took several tries to get on the iBahn network, once I was connected it worked well.

I would not hesitate to recommend Hyatt House to friends, coworkers or family.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the 4th floor, but I've stayed on the lower floors as well without any iss...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I nearly gave this hotel just two circles (poor) instead of three (average) because of the service and the response I got from the general manager but I decided to set my experience aside because I do feel like the Hyatt House is a nice hotel and that maybe the service will improve.

I stayed in a one bedroom suite that has a sofa sleeper in the living room that adjoins the kitchen and provides a desk for dining. There is a king bed in a separate room with two swing-back doors to separate it from the living room. Off the bedroom is the bathroom. I have included photos that show the room and also what is in the cabinets.

(I have included photos that show both the handicap "assessable" rooms and what is in the cabinets as well as the fitness room and laundry room and breakfast bar)

The hotel was aware of my arrival in advance that I was coming for a 4 to 5 week stay and yet when I arrived, I was given an "assessable" room which would have been fine, except that the refrigerator was not full size, thus too small for a long stay. Eventually I was able to move to another room but after a few days there on the third floor and listening to the noise from the room above I decided to move to the top floor (4th floor). And when I moved from one room to the next, I did it all myself because the front desk did not offer any assistance.

I encountered issues in each room as far as a lack of cleanliness and such. Here is list of those first encountered issues (varied from room to room):
*Cobwebs in some low corners of the room
*Toaster not working properly
*Missing cork-screw
*Missing measuring cup
*Missing some silverware
*Some dirty dishes in the cabinet (sticky red goo)

And here is a list of some of the issues I ran into with housekeeping and the front desk:
*Visible food crumbs and such only occasionally vacuumed
*Kitchen counters rarely wiped off (I eventually cleaned them myself)
*Microwave oven rarely wiped out (I eventually cleaned it myself)
*Bathroom sink and counter occasionally cleaned (I eventually cleaned them myself)
*Bathroom toilet not always cleaned (visible urine drops under seat)
*Bedsheets not changed every 3 days as requested
*Sometimes sofa sleeper bed not put away or worse, the bed not made
*Toilet tissue not replenished as needed
*Facial tissue not replenished as needed
*Times when the kitchen towel would be removed and another not put in it’s place
*Garbage under kitchen sink not being removed sometimes
*Dishwasher detergent not being replenished as needed
*Housekeeping sometimes not cleaning my room until around 5:30PM
*Dresser drawer had to be carefully managed so as to keep it from getting stuck and/or falling out.

Also:
*Tacks where wood strip met carpet stuck me in the foot
*The internet was slow and I had to keep reconnecting to it
*There are large gaps at the bottom of the guest entry doors and thus all sounds from the rooms can be heard down the hallway.
*The television remotes were very slow to respond when changing channels.

It becomes quite tiresome to keep asking the front desk or house keeping for more supplies or for the beds to be changed and the room to be cleaned.

THE EXERCISE ROOM was sometimes up into the mid 80’s degree Fahrenheit and I encountered a somewhat unresponsive front desk to have them cool the room down. Some of the exercise equipment was not in good working order.

If you are driving you may find it a bit difficult to navigate your way through the entry driveway from the street at night because there is no (or was not during my stay) illumination from any street lights. I nearly hit the curb a few times.

This is a non-smoking hotel but there are cigarette discarding containers directly outside the lobby door and side doors so that people stand directly next to the doors when smoking. It’s a bit of a problem for those who are adversely effected by the smoke.

I only requested my sheets be changed every three days (not everyday) so as to help with water consumption (the environment and such) but had a great deal of difficulty getting housekeeping to even change the sheets when I left the hotel’s three day request note card on my bed. I had to start putting a temporary mark on the sheets so I would know if they had been changed. When it became evident that they were not being changed after three and four days, I had to start striping the bed myself.

A lot of the staff rarely smiled and some were rude by way of not being one bit friendly. But there were some who were very friendly and very nice and tried to be helpful and kind. And those are the ones that I and my grandson will remember.

THE BREAKFAST BAR:
has scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, 6 varieties of dried cereals as well as packages of oatmeal and packages of grits that you just add water to. Four different flavors of bagels. There were a few bakery items and three different breads for toasting (Rye, white and whole wheat). There are fruit bowls of prepared mixed fruit and then sometimes unprepared apples and/or bananas. There are yogurts with fruit and tomato juice, V-8 juice, orange juice, milk, tea and coffee. One day there would be bacon and the next there would be sausage. There was usually prepared pancakes or other such sweet breakfast foods and honey and syrup and jelly. They have someone there that will make you an omelet with your choice of a few different ingredients but the day I asked for an omelet with spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes, the veggies were so negligible that i did not enjoy it. I have included photos of the breakfast bar area.

THE LAUNDRY ROOM is next to the exercise room and there are 4 dryers and two washers and a small counter and sink. Washer cost $1.00 and Dryer cost $1.00 and if you want any detergent there are little boxes for one load that also cost $1.00 So each load will cost you at least $3.00

The hotel is fairly new and looks attractive. There is a small outdoor pool and a Bar-B-Q pit but they were closed for the season when I was there.

Within about 360 feet (football field length) there is a dry-cleaner and a couple of small restaurants. One of the restaurants (Sai Krishna Bhavan) serves Indian Vegetarian Cuisine and the prices seemed reasonable and the food was good.

SHOPPING: There is a Wal-Mart super center a mile and a half down the road but you may not want to walk the distance since there is no side walk along part of the route and it a very busy road. The hotel shuttle will give you a ride there and back and it is the closest place to purchase groceries.

The Hyatt House is approximately 4.7 miles from the airport. And when you get the shuttle make sure you don’t confuse the Hyatt House with the Hyatt Place which is also in the area.

When I returned home I wrote to the general manager of Hyatt House and received an apology and a request to discuss my issues on the phone but I did not desire to have a phone conversation so I requested contact through email. The general manager replied back: "I will respect your time and request. Again, I am sorry for your less than special experience at Hyatt House. If I can be of assistance in the future, please feel free to let me know." I say to myself, "REALLY?"

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank misplaced
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel all the time I stayed here. Welcoming staff! Prompt shuttle services for up to 5 miles from hotel. They provide Airport transportation to and fro. I simply love the rooms: spacious, clean and well decorated rooms. High speed internet for multiple devices. It was snow storming during my stay. No major impact though. Just loved staying here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sherrills Ford, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL NEW HOTEL WITH MANY COMFORTABLE AMMENITIES. A great hot-breakfast buffet included! I will deffinetely choose this hotel again in the future! If you're looking for a hotel near the RDU Airport, this is the one to choose!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My charger was damaged during house cleaning . The Hotel was prompt in replacing it with a new one with no excuses . A good experience . The room quality is very good .
Breakfast can be improved since it has little options

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business