“Perfect for what it is”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Montreal
“Perfect for what it is”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

For the business traveller in Morrisville, this is a great spot. Recent construction means modern amenities, good water pressure, very clean overall. Gym is small but well equipped.

From a location perspective, good if your office is close. Nice and close to the airport.

Breakfast is typical business-traveller fare.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Every once in a while, it's really nice to have all of your expectations exceeded. Fortunately for Hyatt Place, RDU, that is exactly what I can say.

I did not stay at this hotel previously, when it was a Hotel Sierra product, so I don't know how much (if anything) was done during the conversion from Sierra to Hyatt House. My gut tells me that this was a already a superior product that Hyatt acquired. If that is the case, well done to those in the Sierra history that helped build this foundation.

Check-in was smooth. I was reognized as a top-tier member (Diamond) of the Hyatt frequent stay program and thanked for my loyalty. I was offered bonus points for the stay or a complimentary beverage and food item from the self-serve pantry. I was generously upgraded from a studio to a 1 BR suite, which was very nice.

The suite was very comfortable. It had a nicely equipped kitchen area, work desk, living area with flat-panel TV. The bedroom was comfortable with a large flat-panel TV and a super comfy bed. The bathroom was just right, stocked generously with upgraded bath amenities. All items in the room were working and there was nothing I noted that needed touch-up or repair. The color tones are warm and modern and created an overall positive feeling in the hotel.

The common areas of the hotel were also quite nice. The bar area was elegant for a hotel of this type and there was a billiards table for use, as well. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, offering quick service and well-made beverages. The complimentary breakfast offering was above average for an extended stay hotel that offers breakfast. There was an omlette station that offered regular, egg-white and egg substitute products as well as a nice buffet line of various food and beverages.

The pool area was closed, as it is seasonal, but it looked quite nice and offered a fire-pit. The fitness facility was of good quality, however the eliptical machines were not quite what I would like to see. If management is looking for areas that could be upgraded, that is my only observation during the stay. The machine did not feel very fluid and was a lower quality than others that I have become accustomed to. There were some dumbbell free weights and water and cool washcloths were provided.

Compared to the other extended stay Hyatt product, this hotel was a cut above all Hyatt Place and Summerfield Suites I have ever stayed at. It is my understanding that Hyatt is converting the Summerfield properties into Hyatt House brand. As they do that, my STRONG suggestion to corporate is to model the Hyatt House brand in-line with the quality product that used to be Hotel Sierra. I have been a Diamond member for about 10 years and have extensive experience with all Hyatt brands from Hyatt Place through Park Hyatt. HYATT CORPORATE: MATCH THIS PRODUCT THROUGHOUT HYATT HOUSE and you will significantly strengthen the brand in this portion of the market.

Well done by all on the staff! My compliments to all of you!

And for anyone that hasn't figured it out by now, if looking for an exceptionally comfortable extended stay or overnight option in the Raleigh-Durham airport area, look no further, Hyatt House RDU is the way to go!

Room Tip: The 1 BR suite is a nice upgrade for an extended stay and the kitchen area is nicely equipped--not j...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TheAviator2
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable with all the amenities needed. The breakfast options are also abundant - loved the fresh fruit and omelette station.

The rooms do seem a bit pricey for the area - $150/night with a corporate discount rate. There's not much in this area so you will need to drive further out for better dining options. Also, the hotel is across from the train tracks, which do run at night so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank emileeetravels
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt House at the recommendation of a client I was seeing in Raleigh Durham and had a very, very good stay. The hotel is modeled for a long-term stay so if you're looking for a hotel with room service and that's very important to you, this won't be your favorite place. I only stayed one night but what I experienced in that 24-hour stay was pretty impressive. I called them when I got in and they sent a shuttle right over to get me. The front desk people were pleasant and efficient and the place is attractive. My room had a big, comfortable bed and more amenities than I needed but certainly the basics, i.e. work area, connectivity, hair dryer, ironing board, etc. I was a little surprised to see a cord for the broadband connectivity since most places offer wireless connectivity these days but decided not to fuss with it and used my own hotspot instead so not sure how good that was. But everything I needed was there and comfortable and appealing. They have a bar with a little menu so we had dinner there with the bartender doubling as server. He was hopping but certainly pleasant and helpful. In the a.m., they provide a super range of breakfast options in a serve yourself buffet. A nice man in a blazer came through and asked how everything was. My colleagues and I had been offered by the hotel to take us over to our client in their shuttle, which was super nice of them. I had checked out and the driver noticed I had my suitcase and suggested they keep it there and that they'd come get me later and take me to the airport and bring the bag with them. Very proactive and appreciated! Later in the day, when I was ready to go to the airport, they did exactly as they said, brought the bag and dropped me at the airport. I really felt like they went above and beyond in how accommodating they were with their shuttle and personnel. Now, here's the kicker: The nice guy in the dining room was also the guy that drove us to our client and it turns out he's the general manager of the hotel! He couldn't have been nicer or more friendly and helpful. Another person drove me to the airport at the end of my stay and she just loves this guy, who clearly serves as an outstanding model to all who work there. She told me he fosters an environment where everyone is encouraged to just do whatever it takes for the customers to have a good experience. I'm only sorry I don't have his name, but I do believe his attitude is exemplary and that it's working for him at Hyatt House Raleigh Durham. It worked for me.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The made-to-order eggs were great in the morning. There was a full breakfast spread included in the room rate; sausage, egg, juice, cereal, fruit. The bed was so comfy and the comforter was so soft, i didn't want to get out of bed. The TV swiveled to the bed or the couch. There isn't much by the hotel but malls and nearby towns are a short drive. The bartender at the time was nice to talk to although he wasn't quick to serve at first.

Room Tip: The front desk has printed directions to malls in the area.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Stayed at the RDU Hotel Sierra on a recent business trip to Research Triangle area. It was only one night, wish it had been two! Check in was very efficient, staff friendly. Got a great room on the first floor, nicely appointed room with small kitchenette and great bathroom. The room had a really comfy bed, flat screen TV, was clean and modern. The hotel was very quiet, which I really appreciate because the biggest problem I encounter in hotels is noise!

The breakfast was beyond delicious. As others have said, this is a great value.

Location is great, close to airport, but not so close that planes are flying right over your head.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Diego
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Not located with all the others next to airport. This one is 10 minutes away - secluded and quiet. Helpful staff. Free Internet at Business Center. Bar and Pool Table to boot. Free Full Breakfast. Room was well appointed and clean. Other restaurants within easy walking distance. Easy 3 star but 4 star too.

Room Tip: 1st floor next to gym was great.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business