“Nice surprise”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Milwaukee, WI
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This airport hotel was sleek and stylish with plenty of comfort. The room included a small kitchenette which I did not need but nice anyway. The bed was very comfortable and the small sitting area with sofa was great. The breakfast buffet had plenty of selections. The location is near the airport in a kind of secluded area though easy to navigate to where ever you need to go. The only con I can think of is that it took a few minutes to get connected to the internet- my laptop could not locate the server for about 10 minutes- but played around with it and it worked just fine. Great hotel- I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Sierra. Thank you for the great comments. I do apologize for the problem you had when trying to locate the server with your laptop, but am glad to hear you had no issues once connected.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Mark Latu, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2011

From the moment we entered the lobby, I knew we were going to enjoy our stay at Hotel Sierra. The lobby is tastefully decorated and the desk staff was courteous and very helpful. There is a bar directly to your right upon entering, complete will a pool table! Our room was very spacious and included a kitchenette with full sized refrigeration and dishwasher! Along with the typical dinnerware and pans, there were mixing bowls and other kitchenware items we didn't expect. Our room had a large television that swiveled, so it could be enjoyed from the roomy desk, comfortable yet sleek couch, or the to-die-for King Sized bed. Truely one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in. The sheets were crisp and fresh, the comforter (in many hotels, scratchy) was made of good quality materials, and the pillows were even more comfortable than our memory foam ones we brought from home. We were delighted by all of the features available to us, including the DELICIOUS complementary breakfast the next morning. In fact, I am currently typing this review from the complementary business center. Everything about this hotel has been perfect. The staff is great, the decor is clean AND stylish. Fantastic. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to read your review and know that you had an excellent experience at Hotel Sierra. I am pleased you enjoyed everything from the décor and amenities to the to-die-for bed.

I am so glad you had a great stay and look forward to hosting you again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2011

During a recent business trip, I fell ill and was unable to travel out of RDU for several days. Not only was the hotel impeccably clean and well appointed, but the staff was outstanding. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to the shuttle driver took a genuine interest in my well-being a made for a very pleasant stay in spite of my situation. These guys walk the talk!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so sorry to read you fell ill while visiting the Raleigh Durham area, but am pleased to know the staff at Hotel Sierra were attentive and helpful during your stay. Were glad you had a pleasant stay overall and welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Tampa, FL
Reviewed October 25, 2010

As you can see, I wrote the one bad review below and thought about trying to redact it ... everything that I wrote was true, and it was an awful first night for what I thought would be a 2-3 month stay. I didn't redact it due to the thoughtful and completely honest response from the manager that's also in the review.

What I can say is that I ended up staying for a few more weeks after going out and finding a permanent place ... and I now can say I would have been perfectly happy staying at the Hotel Sierra.

I ended up staying for five weeks. This has to be among the best hotel stays that I've had.

The rooms? Think Pottery Barn/West Elm. Nicely decorated and plenty of space. Kitchen was terrific; bedding was super terrific. It still looks completely brand new.

The service? Terrific. Every small request (after that first night was met). I had my mail temporarily forwarded to the hotel, as I wasn't returning home often -- a nice touch would have been to call when I received mail. Instead, I came back and always found the mail delivered to my *desk*.

The common spaces? Beautiful. Think Kimpton or W hotels -- stylish, functional, fun. Business center was terrific and you never wait for a computer. The breakfast buffet beats any that you'll find in a hotel, paid or complementary. Pool table, gym (though small), pool (though small) were terrific.

Restaurant? Great ... very fun most nights. EJ was an incredible bartender and became a friend. The menu is a bit limited and its disappointing that they're closed on Sundays, as there is very little else around the hotel.

But if the only complaint is that the bar menu is limited (but still damn good), I count that as a great, extremely well-run operation. I'm now REALLY nit-picking, but the 24-hr market only has non-healthy options.

But, seriously, if you're looking for a top-notch place to stay near RDU, Hotel Sierra should be at the top of your list -- for mine, its even ahead of the Umstead (Raleigh/Cary's 5-star hotel).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for taking the chance and trying our hotel again and for the great comments regarding the décor of the hotel, amenities offered and customer service. Our staff strives to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience and it sounds like they succeeded. We are so glad you gave us another opportunity to show you the type of service and experience Hotel Sierra is known for. Thank you for sharing your experiences, good and bad, and we hope you will let us be of service should you have the need for a hotel in the Raleigh Durham area again.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This really is a great hotel. When we arrive, we actually received the wrong room and the front desk immediately changed our room and upgraded us without any problems. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly, rooms are modern and brand new, breakfast has options, and all around wonderful stay. If we come back to the area, we are staying at this hotel every time. I even tried to book at another location with this hotel chain and couldn't find a room - and now I know why.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad you had an amazing stay with us. Thank you for the nice compliments regarding the staff, cleanliness and amenities offered. We look forward to seeing you again in the Raleigh Durham area or at one of our other locations.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

The Hotel Sierra is a fantastic new hotel in Raleigh Durham Airport Area.
It is a privately owned and operated hotel which belongs to the Stash Awards Group. The staff was helpful and the breakfast buffet, which is included in the rate, was top notch! There is even a bar and restaurant in the lobby which served fantastic sandwiches and wings!!!!
As and admittedly fussy hotel client I was pleased with the entire package offered at The Hotel Sierra! After having stayed at 2 other very good hotels in the area I decided to try this one and convinced a group of four others to do so . We were all were thrilled with the choice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at Hotel Sierra. It is so great to know the hotel exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you for your future stays in the Raleigh Durham area.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This was a great hotel. We were in town from Boston off s few days and enjoyed our stay immensely. The room wad great. Spacious and clean. We stay at all suite hotels all the time since we have 3 kids. This one was not only perfect for us, but also very affordable. The pool us great. Small but nit many people at it so it was great for me to keep an eye on my girls. Breakfast was delicious. Hubby and I enjoyed the pool table and bar. Everyone was so helpful and gracious. Truly a pleasure to stay here. Looking forward to staying again for a might on our way back through NC in a few days.

• Stayed October 2010
HSMorrsivilleGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased to read that Hotel Sierra was the perfect place for your family to stay while in the Raleigh Durham area. Thank you for the great compliments about the staff and amenities offered. We look forward to seeing you on your way back through North Carolina.