Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I am an airline pilot and am always happy to stay in a Cambria. They are my favorite, possibly the reason I go to work in the morning. This one is no exception. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and full of amenities. Internet is fast. Its a well run hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you Captain!

Being an airport location we love our flight crews, whether they are coming thru on business or not. We are glad you know Cambria and have been to a couple of our locations...

The Raleigh/Durham Cambria crew appreciates the kind words , especially from someone who sees so many hotels every week. Safe travels and we hope your schedule brings you this way again.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed at the Cambria Suites for one night while traveling for business in Raleigh. I had most of the afternoon to myself after I arrived, and so I really got a feel for what the hotel has to offer.

There is an outdoor patio area with lounge chairs and tables. The weather was nice, so I sat outside and read for a while. The hotel is in the flight pattern for RDU airport, so there were intermittently low-flying airplanes landing and they are very loud.

The hotel offers a shuttle to nearby shopping/restaurants, but it only goes to a little shopping center with four restaurants and a few shops...not really an exciting shopping destination.

The room was spacious and clean. The coffee in the room was really good, and they gave me extra coffee bags at the front desk upon request.

The breakfast buffet was pretty good, and they will do make to order omelets and over easy by request. Again, the coffee at breakfast was very good - they offered both a light and dark roast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate our business travelers!!!

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are glad you had the opportunity to relax and spend part of the day learning about us! We try to give you what you need and when you need it, I'm glad we were able to come thru for you.

See you again soon we hope!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night before our flight, and we really enjoyed it. The room was relatively spacious and beautiful, the beds were comfortable, and the staff were all polite and helpful. We went down to the restaurant to get some food around 7, and it was delicious, though it did take some time to make. I'm not quite sure what the previous reviewer was talking about- our hall was totally silent for the duration of our stay. I would definitely recommend it though.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor, would recommend.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for telling us about your stay, we really do want to be the lodging establishment of choice at the Raleigh / Durham Airport. My staff and I try to give you exactly what you need and when you need it. The type of service that MAKES you want to return. We are really happy you got to experience it.

Hope to see you again when your travel plans include our wonderful airport and area.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was without a doubt one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a "park and stay" kind of hotel. There were children running up and down the hallways banging on doors through out the night. When we complained, we were told this was normal and we shouldn't be upset. I finally had to threaten to call the police to get it to stop. I had a 5am flight, and stayed here to get to the airport on time. The front desk was useless. Though I requested numerous times, to have the children stop running around pounding on doors, nothing was done to stop them. Though they did eventually move us, the behavior of the children continued.

As to the room, they need to put trash barrel near the coffee maker. There was no mat for the shower, the glued down "decor" was unbelievable. I can't believe they actually glue down the "decor". Though we'd been asked to fill out a review form, there was no pen in the room. The phone was unplugged and I had to crawl under the desk to reconnect it to call the front desk to complain about the children. I wanted to love this place. I can't recommend it unless you want to run up and down the halls with the unsupervised children.

Room Tip: There isn't one. The staff doesn't care.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SleepbyWaves
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

We were very sorry to hear of your experience, and understand how dissapointed you must have been. We want you to love our place too, and think we have a hotel that people who travel through the Raleigh / Durham airport truely treasure as part of their total travel experience.

It was a stayover soccer group which caused the noise you experienced. I know we tried to get the group under control multipule times but it is difficult when the adults in the group don't see the same urgency as we do. Still this doesn't change the situation that you had a right to expect the quiet you needed to rest. We do sincerely aplogize for what happened the night you were here. If your plans regularly include traveling through our outstanding airport, then please allow us to make it up to you. Your experience isn't typical, either the noise or the other issues you mentioned, and I know we can get you to truly love our hotel.

Please contact me directly and I will personally handle your arraingements.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was awesome I would definitely stay here again. This hotel was very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody in the Raleigh-Durham area............................................................

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sbroad1
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for the awesome review. We work hard to keep our home here clean and in top condition so that our guests will always have a trouble free experience. We are happy that worked out for you and I hope we will see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My reservation was lost between them and Expedia; because I was told by the Front Desk Manager that there was no reservation. I showed them my Itinerary showing my reservation and was told to call Expedia myself. I called Expedia and was told they were going to contact the hotel and resolve the issue. The hotel let Expedia off the line without resolving the issue with Expedia. Then the Hotel General Manager called me claiming i worked for Expedia; when I asked him a question he hung up on me. They finally checked me in; but then the General Manager called my room and was like I was the one who told my staff to get you checked in. He acted as though he should get high praise for this; the call lasted for several minutes and it felt to me like he was prying to get praise for checking me in. The rooms are great but customer service is seriously lacking and I think Management feels entitled.

Room Tip: Callt he hotel to verify the room if you aren't booking with the local staff directly.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot when you arrived, and am thankful you found the hotel to your liking. I spoke to you then and sincerely was trying to apologize that day for my misstep over the phone. I do hope we were able to make at least part of your trip comfortable.

Your experience isn't typical of what our guest experience, and I do hope that you will return to us someday so that we can show you that.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife 2 days for NCSU homecoming. Very happy. We will definitely stay here when we are near RDU. Loved the laptop tie in got the TV and multiple device outlets conveniently placed. Strong and fast wifi. 13.77 MB down 5.14 MB up highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MTnester79

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning the WiFi, we made an investment 8 months ago in a fiber optic backbone into the hotel so we could provide you the type of WiFi service that you expect. We have almost twice the thru-put of mots other hotels, and glad you noticed the speed!

Hope to see you next year for the Homecoming game as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Aloft Raleigh-Durham Airport Brier Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport

Been to Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!