“Great product”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great product”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've stayed in every brand (and level) of hotel - from the Ritz and St. Regis to lower mid-scale and extended stay. This is a nice product - good size suites, very clean, great workout area (weights and cardio) and a nice, cozy lobby. There is food and beverage on-site and it's a pretty new property. There is also a free shuttle from the airport, which is great. I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KNBP
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for posting your review, we apprecaite the recommendation of a seasoned traveler. We look forward to being able to host you again should your travel plans include the Raleigh - Durham area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff is very kind and attentive I must also say the food is absolutely delicious I can recommend this to anyone lets not forget the pricing is great as well. Definitely will be back. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Rosie70097
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for telling us that you enjoyed your stay!

I shared your food compliments with the kitchen staff at the morning meeting and that really made their day. It means a lot that you took a few moments to let us know we are acomplishing our mission.

Hope to see you again soon!
Wise, Virginia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed here to see if it was better than the Residence Inn just down the road. We are in the area four times a year.
We stayed three times at the Residence Inn down the road and decided to see if the lower cost of this hotel would still give us enough value to earn our business.
We booked on Travelocity and were promised a two-king suite. When we arrived, the front desk manager said we were in a two-queen room. I showed him my reservation and he tapped on his computer pretending to do something. I asked, "are we now in a two-king room." He said "yes". We then went into a two-queen room. I confirmed this by looking at the floor plan in the lobby that confirmed he blatantly lied to me.
My wife was sick with a bad sinus infection and was in no shape to go somewhere else. She went straight to sleep. We were effectively stuck.
I called the GM on his cell expecting to get a voice mail. He answered the phone and actually spoke to me.
I explained the situation and he offered to fully refund my room for both booked nights.
My wife and I decided to not take the refund because it was not fully their fault. Travelocity promised something that was incorrect so we thought a full refund was unfair to them.
I was given a card for a free night that expires in 90 days. We will not be in the area again for 90 days so it was a worthless gesture.
We were given complimentary breakfast for both days.

I understand that the person reading this may now ask why I give it a "1" when they offered me a refund and made the other gestures listed above. I shall now explain why.

I asked that someone check our refrigerator as it was not cooling properly. I saw the maintenance worker show the slip to the housekeeping manager by chance. I just happened to be in the hallway. The gentleman looked at the slip and said "check the refrigerator" and then sneered. He did not know I was the person making the request. The refrigerator was never checked.

The more that I think about the way I was treated on check in, with a direct lie, makes me very disappointed.

I was handed a free room night card that expires before I can use it.

I let the front desk make a copy of my Travelocity confirmation so the GM could trace how the improper reservation was made. He said he would get back to me. He never did.

There were no large bath towels in our bathroom. With my wife sick and my anger over the way I was handled, I did not notice this until I was drying off with a hand towel after my shower.

When I look back upon the stay here, if I were to pay full price for breakfast for me and my family, the cost of a two queen room with HORRIBLE refrigerator is only about $8 less than the Residence Inn down the road which would give me a two-bedroom suite with separate sitting area, FULL-sized refrigerator and cooking stove with conventional oven, separate kitchen sink, and dishwasher. The room at Cambria Suites was a two queen in one room and separate sitting area. The Residence Inn gives more room, more features, and a comparable breakfast for $8 or so more a night.

The restaurant staff and breakfast attendant were high points of this place. They were polite and professional people.

I reviewed this place twice on Travelocity and they would not publish it either time. I hope that it makes it to Tripadvisor.

I see excellent reviews from others about this place. They probably had good experiences.

I will go back to the Residence Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms are clean so if you want to stay here, just get one and hope you have a better experience...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shankaracharya
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
To Our Guest,

I was a little surprised to see your review in as much as you and I had over an hour long conversation about this on the night you arrived at the hotel. I had thought we had been able to make suitible arraingements for you at that time. I even offered to refund the cost of your entire stay immediately because of the reservation mixup, an offer you refused saying you were satisfied with the way we responded to your requests. I still have the note you wrote me to that effect on my desk.

I am very sorry to hear that you are still displeased after all this time. I again make the offer for you to return to our hotel an I will prove to you that your first experience was not and is not typical of what our guests experience. I will honor the card we gave you for any time in the future with no expriation date, in fact if you will call me personally I will make all the arraingements for your family myself.

With all of the travel sites out there in todays internet world, you came accross one that doesn't communicate sales in real time, which created your having a reservation for a room that was in fact already sold. We work hard to prevent such things but with only two actual rooms of that type it may occasionally happen at times when there is a sudden increase in demand. I apoligize again that this occured, we can and will make it up to you if you give us the opportunity.

I look forward to being able to be of service in the future.
Bedford, Virginia
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The best features of this hotel are it's large rooms and lovely decor. Pair those with exceptional service and close proximity to the airport, and you have a real winner. The free shuttle service was excellent. The breakfast buffet was also excellent but is not free of charge. The rooms are conveniently equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to bring earplugs as there is some infrequent airplane noise. (It is, after all, at the airport.) The only other thing to note is that the refrigerator does not have a freezer compartment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sandy S
Thank you for your review. We do work hard to provide the services our guests need when they need them. Hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again soon.
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Excellent airport hotel. i travel to NC-RDU often. First time at Cambria. By far it is the best hotel at the airport. Great value- paid $79/night for large room ("tower suite")- king with sitting area, frig and microwave. The hotel is only 4 years old. Well designed, modern, clean, attractive room with great desk and connections for laptops-free wi fi. Two flat screen TV's. Large modern bath with shower/tub. Unusually large fitness room and small pool/whirlpool. Very good restaurant (best at an airport hotel) with indoor and outdoor sitting area. Very Good breakfast buffet. Nice, very helpful staff. Great place to stay at the RDU airport.

Room Tip: room 420 is really nice large "tower suite" with windows on 2 walls.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank jonst1200
Richard W, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for telling us how much you enjoyed being here. The Tower Suites is a special room, and the one I like the best as well. We only have two of them so the deal you got was special indeed.

As a frequent traveler through RDU, I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again and again. We are looking to improve on our facilities in the very near future to give you more of what you need on the road, and some new food and beverage options right after the first of the year. Our goal is to be the hotel of choice at the Raleigh airport, we appreciate your telling us we are on the way to suceeding.
Moselle, Mississippi
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed at the Cambria Suites for a corporate meeting. Very nice suite with nice appointments. Had a great experience with all staff members. Nice breakfast buffet each morning or menu selection to choose from. Enjoyed the lobby bar after a long day of meetings. All staff members went out of their way to make sure our stay was nice. Slight problem with the meeting room setup on our first day, but the staff immediately took care of the problem. I would highly recommend this hotel. Very convenient to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Bob55197
Thank you sir for your review.

We try very hard to always have things right, and while I am sorry to hear we did miss a step with your meeting setup, I'm glad my staff reacted quickly and was able to make things right for you. I will pass on your kind words to them and very much hope we can be of service to you again sometime soon.

We want to be your lodging hotel of choice in the Raleigh area.
Franklin, TN
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had never heard of this chain, but was sent there by American Airlines after a missed flight due to Hurricane Sandy. This place went beyond my expectations, and was an upscale version of the suite concept. From a very comfortable bed, to two large televisions, to a fine sofa, to a contemporary decor that you can't miss, this was a great room. I noted a nice looking exercise room. as well as laundry facilities. The restaurant onsite was very good, as was the breakfast. There weren't restaurants in walking distance, but the shuttle driver said he'd be glad to carry me to local ones. And it is a free shuttle to the airport, which is about five minutes from the hotel. I have only good things to say about this hotel, and would definitely stay there again. It seems to be practically new, and a great option if you need to be close to RDU Airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank BattlegroundTravel
I'm so glad you discovered Cambria Suites, and hope you will have an opportunity to visit us in Raleigh/Durham again some time. Being delayed by a Hurricane is never fun, but it sounds like we were able to make you comforable during your delay. My staff always makes the extra effort to get our guests what they need, including transportation to the local area. We work hard to provide an awesome facility, glad we were able to please you!

Our brand is growing, so look for us soon in many new places.