“Best Courtyard in US”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best Courtyard in US”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

If this is not the best Courtyard in the US, I would be surprised. I stay 100+ nights/year and this Courtyard delivered the best service I have encountered in years. Mitch is by far one of the most generous, attentive, and helpful Marriott employees I have encountered and I have had great experiences at full service/resort Marriotts. I had no rental car and he delivered me to his recommended steak house which was great. He even came back to pick me up after dinner. For a road warrior, this service makes life on the road almost bearable and in the case of Mitch, an awesome experience. Also, the manager at the front desk, cant remember his name, was ultra helpful without being overbearing and also showed his passion for the business as he was training a new employee. He explained a new corporate incentive program, which in most cases, would bore a weary traveller, but in his case made me feel like he is so personally invested it seemed like he was the owner. Marriott should be proud of this type of manager. Also, a housekeeper in the elevator who asks about your day and how she can help you is a wonderful compliment and a key to their success. This hotel has "it" figured out and everyone who is accustomed to the "airport" hotel is going to be pleasantly surprised. Awesome job Mitch and others, keep it up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
jack l, General Manager at Courtyard Raleigh-Durham Airport/Morrisville, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear ALDAV283,
Thank you for your splendid review and the title of “Best Courtyard in US”. We value all of our customers, but it’s extremely pleasing when a “road warrior” like yourself endorses our hotel. Your positive comments have been posted and shared with the entire staff. We appreciate you as a guest and thank you for choosing to stay with us. See you soon!
Jack Lucido, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here recently for 2 weeks on business, the hotel is ideally situated for the airport and for the business park where my company is based. The rooms are clean and well decorated with free WiFi. The hotel has a nice bistro lounge area serving breakfast and evening meals. The free shuttle service will pick you and take you to the airport and local bars/restaurants.
A particular mention to the front desk staff of Tahirah, Alexandria and Mitch who's smiling faces, helpful manner and general professionalism, made me feel very welcome and at home.

Room Tip: I would choose one of the King suites with balcony next time
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear jaysav72,
Thank you for your review and positive feedback.
We are happy to be your “home away from home” and are thrilled that our employees, décor, cleanliness, and services made you feel welcomed and at home. Thank you for your continued patronage and we’ll see you again in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I am a Platinum Premier Elite member of Marriott and travel just about every week. This is the best run hotel I have ever stayed at in the chain. Jack the GM is hands on and has hired an amazing staff including; Dennis, Marquis, DeForest and Gloria too just name a few. They treat me like family and for that I am grateful. From the moment I enter the location to the goodbye's they make me feel like I am their most important customer and that is unique a commodity driven business!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear nboughton,
Thank you for your five star review of our hotel and your kind words for our employees. We strive to treat all our guests like VIP’s and I’m glad to hear we are doing so.
Thank you for your loyalty to us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard while on business - the program that I was facilitating was held here as well. At 7:30 AM the first morning of a two-day program, I discovered that I had come away without the power cord for my Mac. I knew I would be lucky to make it until lunchtime. Jennifer (my contact for the event) drove 20 minutes to the Apple store and bought me a replacement power adapter. She literally saved my bacon! She could have said, "I'm so sorry!" and then just let me twist in the wind - but she became my hero that day. The venue was delightful - everyone I encountered was smiling and anxious to help in any way needed. If you can smile and greet warmly at 5:00 AM, that's saying something. I can't wait to stay there again. Thanks, Jennifer and team!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Margie K,
Thank you for your review and for selecting our hotel for your meeting room and sleeping rooms. We appreciate you sharing your experience and we are elated to see that we exceeded your expectations. We value you and appreciate that you will definitely stay here when you return to the RDU airport area.
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel is located very near to the airport. I have stayed in the hotel numerous times and I always get to feel very welcomed. Even so the hotel is part of a big chain, the staff is very friendly and constant - I get to see same faces every visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ofer1976,
Thanks for reviewing the Courtyard at RDU airport. Your comments are appreciated and will be shared with the staff. We hope to see you again.
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband had a business trip which the company invited spouse to come and attend dinners and such during our week's stay. North Carolina is beautiful and full of friend people!!! Although my stay was quite boring during the day while my husband attended meetings, I have to say the STAFF AT THE HOTEL WAS THE BEST!!!! Customer service, in my opinion goes a long way. If everyone at a hotel could be as friendly, polite, helpful, prompt, and just plain sweet and fun ---- as EFFIE AND MITCH - ALL HOTELS WOULD RATE 5 STARS!!! DEFORREST BECAME LIKE A FRIEND TO ME TOO!!! IT WAS SERIOUSLY SAD TO SAY GOODBYE TO THE STAFF AT THE COURTYARD!!! HOPEFULLY I WILL SEE THEM AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!

Room Tip: I think it's a fabulous place for business travelers. As a stay at home wife - I like more fanc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear L’Ree B,
Thank you for your kind review and the awesome remarks about our staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed visiting this beautiful state, the friendly people that inhabit it, and our hotel. Please come back and see us again.
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just stay for a night to be close to the airport. Surprinsingly quiet being so close to the airport. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and nice. Had a goodnight sleep. Beds were comfy. No breakfast though. Access to freeways are close so you can pretty much head out anywhere in reasonable time.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms close to elevators else you get to walk down a long hallway to reach you room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Phineas88,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for our hotel.
We are glad to hear that the staff, rooms, beds, and quiet location were pleasing to you during your stay. I wish you had the chance to enjoy a delicious breakfast in our new Bistro, but now you have another reason to return. (smile)
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.