“Great service, same about the rooms” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport

Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“Great service, same about the rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here as we need to go back to the airport as our bags did not arrive. The hotel is 5 mins away from the airport. We had been given a voucher by American Eagle to stay here so we were not paying!! The room was not the best but the staff really looked after us as we did not have any luggage then lent me a hairdryer to use and they said not to worry about check out time. 5 star service but I would not recommend the rooms if you were paying as they have not been cleaned.

Room Tip: Stay some where else until they sort out there cleaning
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheScubaDuo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room cleanliness you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Santiago, Chile
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Even though it was just a place to lay my head at 1 am ... I 'm still having nightmares. Lots of noise. Not clean.

The pro is that the staff was helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank smluke
Carlos J, Area Operations Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Raleigh - RDU Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

Although our room was a non-smoking room, it not only had an ashtray, but smelled of smoke. the sheets were not clean, and also smelled of smoke. The carpet was dirty and a had a bunch of stains. The tub was dirty, with obvious signs of not being cleaned this year (today is 01-10-11). The microwave had two containers of food in it which was molded beyond recognition. The drawers in the kichenette had crumbs in them. The little stove top area was filthy as well.I really don't understand how this hotel could be so nasty! I was so uncomfortable!They also let it be known when making a reservation that if you check out early you have to pay the difference of what the current rate would be. The rates are based off of amount of days staying. Otherwise, I would have just left. I usually don't leave comments, but I hope to help anyone who pays attention these reveiws. On a positive note, the young lady at the front desk was extremely polite and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Summer P
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

I checked into a room only to find pubic hairs on the bed sheets and under pillows. They did not seem to have changed the sheets when someone checked out the hotel. The staff at the front desk was nice to offer me new sheets and pillow cases, and I changed them myself.
It is ok for the money, but if you want a clean room, this is not the place for you. I'll never come back again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David1205
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

First let me say. Angela was wonderful. The service SHE provided was excellent. However the hotel itself was dirty. I found paper wrappers and tissues under my bed. While sitting watching TV I found bugs wandering around the room. The chairs "felt" dirty. If this place was given a good clean it would be worth the money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ro0211
Binghamton, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2010

We made reservations one month in advance for a handicapped accessible smoking room on the 1st floor, for a one week stay. Upon our arrival, there was nothing available except a 3rd floor non-handicapped room. However, we would have to wait an hour or so for the maid to clean it, because the previous guests had just left that morning. (This was 4 o'clock in the afternoon). Because we had just traveled 1500 miles and were dead tired and it was Thanksgiving week, we accepted it, only to find that the TV's tempremental remote did not work most of the time. We had traveled with two other couples who were in different rooms, whose remotes didn't work either. We had all requested and paid for internet service, which we found out is accessible only in the wee hours of the morning. The carpet was filthy, and absolutely no one came by to offer a change of linens the entire week. Garbage was piled up next to the elevator entrance when we arrived and was still there when we left a week later.
NO, I would not recommend this dump to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank roadrunner16b
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

I was very pleased with the manager, Angela. We were worn out from traveling with two moving trucks, a car and dogs. Angela made us feel taken care of and even went the extra mile to direct us to other locations we needed to find. I would give her 100% as a manager and her staff!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business