“Great Find”

GreenLeadersSilver level
boston, United States
“Great Find”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Extremely clean, convenient, quiet, great value, perfect location near airport... my daughter and I needed a safe, easy place to stay the night before our morning flight, and were surprised and delighted that this hotel was almost luxurious.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi Sally O, Thank you so much for the very nice five-star review of our Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport hotel. We love our location so close to RDU Airport; we're glad you did too! Also, we appreciate the nice things you said about our safe, easy and “almost luxurious” hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Wagram, North Carolina
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The room was fine with typical comfort and the noise not too bad except for the occasional door closing, but I wish I had read more or asked questions before booking. My flight is leaving early and the first shuttle isn't until 5:30 which will barely get me to the airport an hour before my flight. Now that I'm waiting, I had hoped for breakfast, but that doesn't start until 6:30... So much for the amenities for this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank lismatisse
Dear lismatisse, thank you for your honest feedback from your recent stay with us. We’re sorry that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. Our airport shuttle runs from 4am-midnight and 5:30am-midnight on the weekends, and these times do not always work for some guests that have a 6:30am flight on the weekend. Our breakfast service runs from 6:30am to 11am on the weekends as that is when the majority of our guests have breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays. I am sorry that our schedule was not convenient for you. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Safe travels,
Freehold, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I really enjoyed our room and the overall appearance of the hotel. However, my husband and I booked this particular hotel for three reasons: 1. It was close to the Raleigh Airport. 2. On the website it stated that it had a hot tub. When I arrived at the hotel after we checked in, I found out it no longer had one. :-( 3. Free breakfast- The breakfast was not free and there was barely anything out to eat. My husband and I ended up paying for the breakfast and then going out to eat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jenilee H
Hi Jenilee H.,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hilton Garden Inn RDU Airport. We are certainly close and convenient to the airport. I have done my best to comb the web to ensure that all mention of our property having a hot tub have been removed and am sorry that I missed one. Would you be so kind as to send me the website that you were viewing? I will ensure that the mention of free breakfast is removed as well as our breakfast buffet is $10.95 per person and our chefs prepare cooked to order omelets, waffles, pancakes and French toast. I am sorry that you experienced these disappointments at our hotel, I would like to make it up to you. Please email me directly at robin.warzywak@hilton.com.
Warmest regards,
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I would have give them the maximum rating but I am very disappointed that I forgot a money holder with some cash and I called right away but my personal property was not returned. I would call this stealing...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Stan G.,
I am sorry to hear about your money holder. I understand that our General Manager has been in contact with you regarding the matter. I hope that he is able to help you with a resolution.
I do hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to RDU.
Warmest regards,
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The HGI RDU is located very close to RDU (but you will not hear the aircraft taking off or landing). The hotel is well equipped and the staff are the best of any HGI I have stayed at. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Stan G,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you pointing out that, although we are an airport property, flights taking off from RDU Airport do not disturb our guests. We also have an amazing staff, who are friendly and professional, and don't mind going the extra mile. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, & we appreciate your recommendation.
Whitsett
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great Stay and Very close to extended Parking Lot 3 and Airport shuttle, or for a fee to leave car at Hotel and take Hotel Shuttle. The Bar was nice and the drinks were cold, it was a very relaxing stay for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Tom O,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. It's good to see that you enjoyed your stay here. I'm glad you took advantage of our airport shuttle. Whether you park here with us, or at the airport, our shuttle is still a great way to get from the airport to your vehicle. Thanks again for your review, & we hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Minneapolis
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The snowstorm that hit Raleigh Durham and all of the SE stranded many. I was lucky enough to get a room at the Hilton Garden Inn when all flights were cancelled for two days. What a fabulous job the hotel and staff did to make us all as comfortable and well served as possible. Particularly excellent was how the Food and Beverage manager and his team handled the incredible rush and challenge of feeding everyone for two days while all were stuck. Staff stayed over and the management had clearly been preparing for the challenges. It was like being at a conference with the guests getting know each other's stories.Thanks to all

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear tmichaeltravel,

Thank you so much for that wonderful review. We understand that being stuck somewhere can be an extremely stressful situation. We knew the bad weather was coming & our management team put together a great plan to accomodate all guests who could make it in. Our restaurant staff did an outstanding job with getting our guests their meals in a timely fashion, as well as doing it with huge smiles on their faces. Situations like this periodically come around, and I'm glad that our staff was up for the challenge. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review for us. Hopefully if you are in the area again we will have much better weather.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!