“Worst hotel stay ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Worst hotel stay ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I want to start out by saying that the hotel was ok except our room, The food service was good and the staff was incompetent. I was staying here with my daughter's soccer team. I got to the hotel before the girls. I checked in for my room and I was paying for one of the girls rooms. I checked in for both rooms. I had them hold the girls room keys for team manager. I went to lunch. When I got back an hour and a half later they had no record of me checking in for the girls room. Later that night, after 10pm a man came into our room. We were asleep. I thought I had closed the locking latch but it must not have been all the way closed and the door pushed it open. Once he realized the room was occupied he apologized and left. 45 minutes later (once again I had gone back to sleep) the front desk calls and the person says, "Who is this? And what are you doing in this room?" After I give them my name they inform me that they have us as being in a different room and how did we get in this room. I told them obviously they gave us a key that was how we got in this room.

The next morning I went to get something from the fridge and realized it was not cold at all. We had a bunch of food that we had put in it when we had checked in. That was when I realize it was unplugged! It was cold when we got there. All I can think of was that it had been running and that it had been unplugged before we checked in. I pulled it out. Plugged it in. It ran for a minute. I tried putting back in the cubby and it stopped running. At the same time the toilet backed up. I called and informed the front desk that the toilet was backed up and the fridge did not work. Not 5 mins later there was a knock on the door. No one was there but a plunger sat outside our door! THEY EXPECTED US TO PLUNGE THE TOILET OURSELVES! We did and left to go to our soccer games.

The following morning the sink backed up. When we called that morning we were informed that they had no maintenance until 9am. Well that explained the plunger the day before since we had called early for that too. I find it unbelievable that they do not have maintenance on duty 24/7.

I don't know what they did to the fridge. I figure they just shoved it back in the cubby (I left it out and plugged in) It worked sporadically through our stay. In the end we put nothing in the fridge and I was reduced to using the bathroom in the lobby for fear that I would have to plunge the toilet again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear bbligman,

First and foremost, I would like to offer you my deepest apologies. Our Front Office Supervisor has addressed these issues with our front desk team and retrained the staff on check in protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of our guests. We would like to replace the refrigerator in that room . I am also sorry for no maintenance being here during the times you needed them. I understand how these things would upset you and it is our goal that issues like these don’t happen again. If you will contact me directly I will issue you a refund or discuss what we can do to make this right. I can be reached at 919-840-0042.

Warmest regards,
Robin Warzywak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Mount Sinai, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have not stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn before. Our expectations were that of a Holiday Inn Express where we have consistantly stayed in the past. We were pleasantly surprised with a quality that was definitely one level up and priced economically. The quality of every aspect was impressive to the point of us stating "Hilton you expect quality" and we got what we expected. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Joseph E O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. At the Hilton Garden Inn, we promise friendly service and a quality product. We are glad to hear you came in with high expectations, and even more thrilled to hear that our staff delivered. We would hope this would encourage you to stay here more often, as well as other hotels in the Hilton family. Again, thank you so much for the review.
Seminole, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport and very convenient to my business requirements in the area. The hotel offers you a very clean and professional atmosphere with your first step into the front lobby. The staff is very friendly and always concerned with your comfort. I will continue to make this location a priority when booking trips to the Raleigh area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Richard G,

Thank you so much for the review. I'm so glad to hear how impressed you were with our lobby. We have a dedicated housekeeping staff that routinely check our lobby to make sure it delivers a great first impression to our guests. Our front desk staff is knowledgeable & always looking for ways to help. Please continue to stay with us, & we will continue to impress.
Greenville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very friendly hotel staff greeted me and assisted with check in. The pool, fitness center, and the lobby restaurant are conveniently arranged for the guests to use. The proximity to the airport, Raleigh, Morrisville, and the town of Cary make the location very convenient for a business traveler. I was satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tom D,

Thank you so much for the kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are less than 1 mile from the airport, which makes us perfect for those guests who have flights. Our business center, fitness center, pool, and restaurant are all conveniently located on the 1st floor for easy access. Thanks again, & we hope to have you back whenever you're in the area.
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Raleigh is a fabulous town. Exceptionally beautifould and clean. I can say the same regarding the Hilton Garden inn. Excellent location within the airport grounds, I landed at 11 PM and didn't want to go far. Impeccable in cleanliness and service as many HGI are. Breakfast was good and quick. I felt the hotel somewhat expensive compared to surrounding hotels in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear 3Cuori1Capanna,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Our airport shuttle runs until 12am & makes runs to the airport on demand. I'm glad the driver was so prompt in picking you up. I'm also glad to hear you took advantage of our hot breakfast buffet. Our cooks really do a great job. We hope next time you're in the area you would choose us again. I would really recommend trying our restaurant for dinner next time also. Thanks again!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have stayed at this location several times and have always been very satisfied. The staff is friendly. attentive and helpful, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and the location is excellent. It is near the Raleigh Durham Airport, but it is very quiet in the guest rooms. The breakfast is a highlight of our stay: bright, clean area, very helpful staff and good food with variety.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear naboodle,

Thank you so much for the review. I'm so glad to hear that each department is doing so well to make your stay an enjoyable one. This is the type of teamwork our outstanding employees exhibit consistently, which makes us a great place to stay. Please continue to be our guest whenever in the area.
Pleasanton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. It was bright and fresh and the staff was welcoming. The breakfast buffet was a good value for the price. Buying wine on location is a little pricey, so I would suggest planning ahead and bringing it with you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Thomas M,

Thank you so much. We really appreciate you writing us such a nice review. Our staff here really works hard to ensure our guests are comfortable and taken care of. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy our wonderful breakfast buffet. Our cooks are exceptional and the servers always offer great service with a smile. Thank you again for the review, & we hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!