I want to start out by saying that the hotel was ok except our room, The food service was good and the staff was incompetent. I was staying here with my daughter's soccer team. I got to the hotel before the girls. I checked in for my room and I was paying for one of the girls rooms. I checked in for both rooms. I had them hold the girls room keys for team manager. I went to lunch. When I got back an hour and a half later they had no record of me checking in for the girls room. Later that night, after 10pm a man came into our room. We were asleep. I thought I had closed the locking latch but it must not have been all the way closed and the door pushed it open. Once he realized the room was occupied he apologized and left. 45 minutes later (once again I had gone back to sleep) the front desk calls and the person says, "Who is this? And what are you doing in this room?" After I give them my name they inform me that they have us as being in a different room and how did we get in this room. I told them obviously they gave us a key that was how we got in this room.
The next morning I went to get something from the fridge and realized it was not cold at all. We had a bunch of food that we had put in it when we had checked in. That was when I realize it was unplugged! It was cold when we got there. All I can think of was that it had been running and that it had been unplugged before we checked in. I pulled it out. Plugged it in. It ran for a minute. I tried putting back in the cubby and it stopped running. At the same time the toilet backed up. I called and informed the front desk that the toilet was backed up and the fridge did not work. Not 5 mins later there was a knock on the door. No one was there but a plunger sat outside our door! THEY EXPECTED US TO PLUNGE THE TOILET OURSELVES! We did and left to go to our soccer games.
The following morning the sink backed up. When we called that morning we were informed that they had no maintenance until 9am. Well that explained the plunger the day before since we had called early for that too. I find it unbelievable that they do not have maintenance on duty 24/7.
I don't know what they did to the fridge. I figure they just shoved it back in the cubby (I left it out and plugged in) It worked sporadically through our stay. In the end we put nothing in the fridge and I was reduced to using the bathroom in the lobby for fear that I would have to plunge the toilet again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable hotel located in a quiet, wooded setting off I-40 and I-540 at Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle, full service restaurant, bar, business center, indoor pool, and fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, Reservation Counter, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport Hotel Morrisville
- Hilton Garden Inn Morrisville
- Hilton Morrisville
- Morrisville Hilton Garden Inn