“Fine for a quick stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fine for a quick stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night before an early flight out of RDU; this HGI is very conveniently located to the airport. The common areas of the hotel are nicely updated and in good shape. The rooms, while clean, did not seem quite as fresh as the common areas. All staff encountered were friendly. For the price, it is a nice option if flying in/out of RDU.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi sunshinedaydream1,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport. We strive to wow all of our guests and think that our updated lobby and guest rooms usually do just that. I am thrilled that you thought our staff was friendly, we love to hear that! We hope to see you again soon when you book your next Stay, Park and Fly package with us. Our parking rates are far more competitive than those at RDU airport and other airport parking lots. Plus, you will have the convenience of door to door service and assistance with your bags.

Safe travels,
Robin Warzywak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Nice and relaxing stay for business travel with excellent access to airport, dining and interstate. The staff is very helpful and the surrounding of the hotel is peaceful and relaxing, even though it is near the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Rickey B,

Thank you so much for the review. I'm glad to see our location is so convenient for you. We are extremely close to the airport, as well as other dining options and the major interstates. And even with us being this close to the airport and interstate, noise here is not an issue. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come and stay again when back in the area.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I arrived after 6 pm, had no where else to stay, and it was very dark. Hate driving in the dark
the 4 hrs home on I-95. Front desk guy understood, found me a nice, cheaper room (funds
were short after trip) and I blissfully settled in. Quiet, except for occasional slam of door; nothing
after 11 pm. I slept soundly. Breakfast uneventful. Will stay here again definitely, The Site is
sort of around the bushes and down, but IS labeled. Quiet. Nice like the Millenium Hilton in
Durham, and lots of trees. No airport noise. Very nice staff, but waited on the men and slow
to come to MY table (a woman). Didn't appreciate that. Very slow to talk to me, a woman. :-(

Room Tip: Arrive later, but take chance of getting a lesser not greater quality room. Being HHonors DEFINITEL...
Green Features: Really good about this. As a woman traveling alone, they didn't say my name out loud, but wrote it on paper. I so appreciated that.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear BootsiesMom2013,

Thank you so much for the review. I'm glad we could accomodate your needs during your stay. I'm so sorry it took a while for you to be waited on in the restaurant. Our servers are now doing their best to take care of the guests in the order in which they arrive. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope to have you again if you come back to the area.
Emerald Isle, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Make sure you ask if the airport shuttle runs before 5 if you have a 6 am flight. I was told only 4am-12pm. That is during the week only. Oops....sorry for you weekend flight warriors. They left that part out. It is taxi only for you folks, which the hotel is happy to book for you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Dear GraGeo,

I am very sorry to hear that you were not correctly informed about our shuttle times. I know that travelling is stressful and the last thing you want to worry about is finding a taxi at the last minute.

Our hotel shuttle runs Monday-Friday from 4:00am-12:00 midnight and Saturday/Sunday from 5:30am - 12:00 midnight.

I do hope that you will give us another try the next time you need to Stay, Park and Fly. I would personally arrange your transportation for your next trip.

belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Arrived late evening flight from Miami -would not have liked trying to find this hotel in the dark without GPS. Friendly welcome from a very busy young receptionist who was managing to cope admirably despite the pressure. Great restaurant staff rustled up a late supper and life saving beer. Breakfast was very good however the initial impression was not great as the bulk of the buffet was hidden in the servery which looked like the entrance to the kitchen. If we had not pre booked the breakfast then we could easily have been put off.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear worldwideflyer,

Thank you so much for the review. We really appreciate direct feedback from our guests. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our restaurant, The American Grill. Sorry the design made it difficult to find the line. I just hope that the quality of food and service, made up for the design layout. We would really like to have you as our guest again if you come back to the area.
Naples, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Staff members could not put us in the room we had reserved and couldnt override the computer even though the room was available. Just as easy to make a key to the room reserved and disregard the computer, but that was too hard for them to think outside the box so we were given a worse room instead of trying to upgrade us because of their system.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Dear Sam S,

I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you the room type that you reserved. We will certainly provide additional training to our Front Desk Agents as some of them are new. Unfortunately, we only have Evolution King and Double Double rooms and no suites at our hotel in which to upgrade you. Did you know that we offer the Hilton Garden Inn Satisfaction Promise? We promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied, or you don't pay. You can count on us. GUARANTEED.

I do hope that you will give us another try the next time that you are in the Raleigh Durham area. Please contact me directly to make your next reservation so that I can ensure your next stay is perfect.

Ohio City, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I needed to fly out early from RDU airport, so I booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn. I am Diamond level with Hilton, so I always try to book a Hampton Inn first. The Hampton near RDU airport was $112/night (lowest rate), while the Hilton Garden Inn was $71/night..... a no-brainer. The Garden Inn had a comfortable bed and they offered a good breakfast.

However, the service at this facility was not good. When I checked in, the front desk was swamped. The van driver actually had to come in to help out the lone person on duty for the whole hotel (on a Sunday night in the summer). While he (the van driver) was trying to be helpful, he really was not able to deal with routine matters, so it was not a smooth check-in at all. The following morning, when there were several people on duty at the front desk, I had to virtually twist the arm of the front desk staff in order to get a free razor blade to shave (even though I had identified my status as Diamond level).

Room Tip: I had a room on an upper floor, which was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ddan7777
Dear Ddan7777,

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to Hilton. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy a fast and efficient check-in as that is what we strive for. I have passed on your comments to our Front Office Manager and will ensure that these issues are addressed.

I hope that you will give us a second chance so that we can show you the excellent service that you deserve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to make your next reservation.

Robin Warzywak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Durham Intl AP

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!